1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

ClutchFans Game Thread: Rockets @ Nuggets 1/30/2013

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Jan 29, 2013.

1. Penetrate&Creat

TD wasn't too bad, he just played TOO much. He should've gone out later in the 3rd and Jlin back in.

2. roxxy

roxxy Member

In the 4th Q? No it wasn't the score was 91-86 at the 9:43 mark when Lin took out Tony

3. PositivityDome

TD is not to blame personally.

TD will always be TD. He is an undersized PG who isn't actually a PG at all because he can't run an offense and has no court vision.

What HE IS though, is a streaker scorer, with tenacious effort on D and he's a pretty good catch and shoot shooter.

That's who TD is. There is nothing wrong with that. He is not Austin Rivers shooting 17% from the field or something. Tony Douglas is just a SPECIFIC type of player, and he SHOULD BE USED IN A SPECIFIC ROLE. POINT GUARD IS NOT ONE OF THOSE ROLES. He should be used as someone who floats around the perimeter and shoots open 3s when somebody penetrates and kicks it out. HE SHOULD PLAY LIMITED ROLES AT THE SG POSITION.

It's the job of a coaching staff TO PUT PLAYERS IN A POSITION TO SUCCEED and keep players out of a position where they are constantly fighting through their weaknesses.

TD can catch and shoot, but he can't initiate an offense and pass well. Alright then, so play him at SG, let Harden play PG for limited minutes while Lin rests.

Lin can't catch and shoot, but he can run an offense and penetrate and dish with his court vision. Alright then, so let him play PG and run the show.

None of these two above scenarios happen though. They have Lin shy away from his strengths and play to his weaknesses. They have Tony play in the right position sometimes, but then also constantly throw him into a situation where he is not suited to succeed.

I don't know if it's just terrible coaching schemes or Morey has something to do with it, but it's just horrible basketball. It's just so stupid to watch. That's the worst thing about it. It's not even an effort thing most of the time.

4. AggNRox

AggNRox Member

are you sure? don't use the play by play. i don't trust it. i can replay the game from the league pass archive to verify it if needed.

5. Comic Book Nerd

Fine people. I can see people thinking LOF are over reacting to Lin's benching. But seriously....

Can you honestly give me a solid reason why when Lin was benched, Harden and Asik were benched also?

Really?

Give me on REAL reason why ALL THREE were benched when it's been a 4-6 point game ALL FRIGGIN' NIGHT? And we waited until not only blowing a lead but a friggin' 10+ point run before we decided to do something about it? And then we only put Harden back in at first? And still left Asik and Lin on the bench until we had less than 6 minutes before they all got back in?

Dazzle me with a theory. Somebody. Please.

6. visible

visible Member

What are you talking about? Please don't stir this no sense.

7. raskol

raskol Contributing Member

Why the hate on Harden? What did he do wrong? You gotta cut that out.

8. Gil

Gil Member

Yep, as soon as he returned. Gallo nailed a clutch 3, Harden turned the ball over on our very next possession and the game was out of our hands.

9. ahhh

ahhh Member

Clutch, why can't I see the forum without logging in now?

10. SuperStar

SuperStar Member

No wonder Lin fans always want him to get traded to the Lakers o_O Some of them are already Lakers fans.

11. OpportunityCost

I didn't think it was only 2. I thought it was greater than that.

12. howo13579

howo13579 Member

So many LOF here getting pissed off. I don't mind what you say about Mchale and stuff because I agree mostly. But to wish Houston trade Lin to Lakers is why Rockets fans hate LOF. Why the ***** would Lakers want Lin when they just discovered that their ballhog is probably one of the best PGs if he wants to be. Lin is a rocket period.

13. DBRox

DBRox Contributing Member

You DO know that Kobe take all the shots AND the assists now, right? And you are worried about Lin's stats now???

14. ChandlerBANG

ChandlerBANG Member

Not quite.

9:42 Jeremy Lin enters the game for Toney Douglas 86-88
    Gallinari made a 3 on the possession after the sub to make it 86-91.

15. yunac010

yunac010 Member

Actually Lin came in when it was 88-86. Gallo made the 3 right after. Denver was already on a run and all momentum was on their side.

16. FacePalmMaster

TD is not useless. He made some nice plays this game (the two consecutive steals/layups come to mind). But him alone cannot be relied on to carry the lineup on the court. This game its obvious he was being aggressive in attacking the basket, in lieu of making plays or keeping the ball moving. Maybe he has something to prove.

17. Champ06

Champ06 Member

Why use the word Lin fans? Can't it be Douglas haters? Or just their opinion as a Rockets fans?

18. bbsuser

bbsuser Member

It's not a big deal. The team is improving. We'll win next time.

19. TheRookets

TheRookets Rookie

McHale is not a good coach in more ways than one. He doesn't seem to be able to motivate or inspire his players, like PJ, JVG, Pop. Madden said that the best players tend to make for bad coaches. He said the best teachers tend to be the "C" students.

But, McHale is a young coach like this team, so hopefully he'll learn from these mistakes even though my little brother at the age of ten can clearly see what he's doing wrong.

20. YoungGods

YoungGods Member

Douglas was trying to be super aggressive with lots of energy ala Beverly, but he is also highly ineffectively tonight, most of his shots were not falling, even tho he has two excellent consecutive steals and scores.