1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

ClutchFans Game Thread: Rockets @ Nuggets 1/30/2013

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Jan 29, 2013.

1. AggNRox

AggNRox Member

hahahah, you're wrong again. i went to TAMU for my graduate study in 1993 and became a rox fan since then coz the TV coverage forced me to be a rox fan.:grin::grin::grin:

2. YoungGods

YoungGods Member

Yes, we should avoid the fight within the rockets. I think Lin has 7 or 8 good games out of the last 10 games. He has deceptively improved a lot and become more consistent, while the LOF and LOH are busy figthing among themselves and no one seems to notice.:grin:

3. mfastx

mfastx Member
    Supporting Member

If you've watched Rockets games in the last few years, you'd know we were lucky to win in Utah. Utah played like **** that game, they were like a d-league team. The Rockets played great, thus the blowout. We are a mediocre team this season and we have a habit of self-distructing.

We had great ball rotation even in the run that put us down 14. We just missed wide open shots and commited lots of turnovers. And it wasn't because anyone ball-hogged or tried to do too much.

4. New

He is just tired . harden is misused... Does the coach think harden somehow is never tired?

5. mothman

mothman Member

I'm sorry if you cannot see the significance of this game. This game is huge especially if Rockets intends to make the playoff this season. This is a +1 for the nuggets & -1 for the rockets, & that's a 2pt swing for the 2 teams competing for a playoff spot in the same conference. And now the nuggets wins the tie breaker regardless of the outcome of the next game.

6. Comic Book Nerd

I'm just saying that when you sit 3 out of our 5 starters in 4th against their starters....

We might blow a lead? And LOSE! I am so pissed right now.

7. parksn306

parksn306 Contributing Member

man what is the deal with the back court rotation? wasnt the plan to bring beverly in to back-up lin? mchale freezes out douglas for beverly and then switches back to douglas...is there a reason for this?

what do the coaches see in douglas that we are all missing? im a big douglas guy but NOT as the point...why do the coaches insist on making him play the point? put him in the novak role and hes great but at what point in the season has he shown that he can run the show? and what happened to staggering lin and hardens minutes? there has to be a good 4 man back court rotation that gives lin and harden rest and optimizes douglas and beverlys talents

denvers a bad match up for us so im not that angry that we lost...but honestly i have no idea what mchales doing sometimes

8. PeterDLai

PeterDLai Member

I think Harden himself doesn't believe he gets tired.

9. pippendagimp

pippendagimp Member

i think that's actually gallo's game. but with nobody besides delfino in to cover the paint, parsons was forced to play off of gallo a bit more and give him space to square up

10. New

thanks to dei and his great joke thread which provides a perfect place for the hate war...

11. Blurr#7

Blurr#7 Contributing Member

We got nugged, there was a nuggin.

12. Screw

Screw Member

Miller really pissed me off..getting those floaters every time we were catching up..and now I have a real dislike for Gallinari

13. munco

munco Member

I agree that TD is best as a spot up shooter versus being a facilitator. For some reason the coaches seem to have TD and Lin confused.

14. raskol

raskol Contributing Member

McHale did not sit Lin to rest him. That is just such bs. Let's cut that out now. McHale sat Lin with more than 7 minutes left in the 3rd, because he was nudged by Sampson to take him out in favor of Douglas after a missed layup after penetrating once again.

McHale sits Lin often cuz he doesn't trust him, and that may not be damnable by itself, but he trusts TD to run a better floor game than Lin and to me that IS damnable. It does not speak highly of his bball iq, that's all. Today, Lin had an easy time penetrating and tried to do his thing a few times in the 3rd and McHale sat him for it. Those of you with league pass please check to see if what I'm saying matches what you guys see.

15. BEAT LA

BEAT LA Member

These Lin fans are funny. Douglas shot 4/11 and he missed one rushed, but good shot, ad the buzzer. Had he made that he is shooting 45% from the field. He still managed to get 2 steals and grab 4 rebounds in 19 minutes while playing good D.

Seriously funny.

16. AggNRox

AggNRox Member

everyone said our team is young. up and down should be expected. i differ on this. instead, our coach team has very little experience. their coaching shows ups and downs more than our young players

17. Comic Book Nerd

Even the Knicks figured out that TD shouldn't be the PG. They went with Baron Davis fighting injuries left and right before his knee finally collapsed backwards on his leg and then you know they did? They put in Mike Bibby over TD!!!

18. torocan

torocan Member

I think the point is a lot of us is okay with Losing to Denver if it's because we got outplayed or we shot poorly.

However, a significant reason we lost is because McHale had bad substitutions and poor use of time outs.

Coaches have 2 roles on the floor. Manage the minutes, and call time outs to manage the players and plays.

McHale was awful managing minutes in the 2nd half.
    And he was worse in terms of his time outs.

I don't expect him to be brilliant, but he shouldn't get in the way of the team Winning.

And that's why folks are upset, and I believe rightly so.

19. LoLin

LoLin Member

I just don't understand why Beverly was not included in the rotation if McHale wants to rest his starters.

Lin/Harden
    Lin/TD
    Beverly/Harden
    Beverly/TD

Voila.

20. Comic Book Nerd

I second this