1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

ClutchFans Game Thread: Rockets @ Nuggets 1/30/2013

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Jan 29, 2013.

1. DBRox

DBRox Member

Seriously people... We are a young inconsistent team playing against a now 19-3 home team with great players. Iguodala is one of the best defensive players in the league right now, when Gallo is hot he's hot so to say that we would have won is just silly, you seriously need to stop now. McHale needs to rest starters to play down the stretch, he doesn't hate the players, there is no conspiracy theory. He needs them fresh and they need a longer rest playing in the mile high city (they DO call it the mile high city for a reason). I would have actually rested Harden more. I'm not a McHale apologist and I do fault him on things also but these comments are ridiculous at times.

2. raskol

raskol Contributing Member

It's different. The difference is about what you could expect from their respective positions. Lin should, undoubtedly be the main facilitator of the offense with Harden getting the majority of the plays or shots called for him, but wihtout a doubt, Lin should be probing first as the pg.

3. LoLin

LoLin Member

As long as the Rockets don't make a U turn and go back to ISO.

I think if McHale wants to sub Lin, he should've brought in Beverly and let TD sub in for Harden as SG.

4. AggNRox

AggNRox Member

i will say again. parson and delfino have no business with pg role. harden needs to play less pg role. instead, focus on his sg duty.

5. norcalhussla

norcalhussla Member

delfino why u no make more 3's

6. kianainhi

kianainhi Member

Didn't Karl say that Lin is the motor of the team.

7. deedee82

deedee82 Member

totally agree with the above. Chill Pill guys~ its not like we lost by 45.

At the end of the day all we need is a good practise season at full strength and we should be good to go. Lots of promise with the team and its been setting expectations that precede them at this point in time.

Let's be fans that stick it out with the team, cheers

8. Gil

Gil Member

Gallo is a good player but Parsons has been getting torched by whichever player he's assigned to all season long. I'm not surprised by his stat line tonight.

9. cyclorider

cyclorider Member

The game was over when Harden anointed himself the team's PG.

Towards the end, Lin said, "To Hell with this!"

Unfortunately by then, the game had already gotten out of hand.

10. mfastx

mfastx Member
    Supporting Member

He came in a few minutes into the 4th, and he played pretty passive actually when he first came in. Not sure where your "forcing everything" assertion came from. He started forcing a bit after we were down a ****load and everyone on the team was sucking.

11. Krizzle

Krizzle Member

Would love to have him on the Rockets. if it was possible.

12. Chadhsu

Chadhsu Member

Me too,they get used to high latitude

13. 34to11

34to11 Member

There were A LOT of things that contributed to this loss (turnovers, missed free-throws, bad coaching decisions, poor execution in crucial moments, Chandler Parsons, etc....).

However, one thing is becoming painfully obvious: This teams struggles mightily to compete if James Harden has anything less than a stellar game.

14. Second_Cousin

Second_Cousin Member

Look at the box score ppl harden was not the leading scorer for the team in nearly two months.

15. YoungGods

YoungGods Member

If Harden is more aggressive like his usual self, we will win this game. Asik, Lin, and Parsons are all playing hard.

16. instar

instar Member

welp, it ain't coach's fault that we missed every FT and turn it over ton.

17. mfastx

mfastx Member
    Supporting Member

Um, ok, that's pretty much what was happening tonight, no? We lost because we clanged wide open 3s and turned the ball over a ****load.

18. adobo

adobo Member

I don't want to be too harsh on the coach, but I don't understand why get away from the rotation that was working for you on the winning streak? Was the wrong time to experiment with the line up at such a crucial qtr and the momentum was going the other way. Postive note, this will hopefully put more trust on there pg. I can see Harden is sharing the ball well and already adapting. Good signs tho from the rockets, they are starting to play well. Nuggets at home is a touch match up.

19. VanityHalfBlack

We lost by 8/ can you imagine us losing by 45??? Clutchfans would explode!!!

20. torocan

torocan Member

Possibly the stupidest late game rotations I've ever seen.

Winning the game by 7 late into the 3rd.

Sit Asik, Lin AND Harden for the beginning of the 4th allowing Denver to not only get back into the game, but build momentum, build a lead, and Gallinari to get red hot.

Throw our starters in when we're down and expect them to suddenly right the ship.

Stunning.

What did he THINK George Karl was going to do when he was behind? Put in their BAD players?

Yes, there were some missed FT's, and a missed dunk by Asik, and a missed 3 pointer by Delfino... but really, asking the starters to dig you out of a hole with 6 mins left against DENVER when the game was a 1-3 point game ALL night is beyond stupid.

The coaches have two jobs in game... Manage minutes and call plays. And they sure do a LOT more managing of minutes than calling plays.

Wow. Just wow. :mad: