1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

ClutchFans Game Thread: Rockets @ Nuggets 1/30/2013

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Jan 29, 2013.

1. haydenfisher342

NP. Ill set things straight about how i feel about lin, not sure its going to make a difference and who cares really, but....Jeremy Lin is in a Rockets Jersey, believes in God, Was Linsanity and may spark Linsanity again soon, Good guy, Humble, Morey paid him, Les wanted him, has potential, im going to stick by him during and after playing for the Rockets.

2. hkomives

hkomives Member

Not only score in the 120 point range again, but also WIN again.

But fans don't want that, they want to see a low turnover game.

I don't know about you, I subscribed to league pass just to see Lin hand the ball to Harden and stand in corner. It's so exiting, knowing Lin have no chance of turming the ball over.

3. hkomives

hkomives Member

Yes, they did exposed him, he's been like that ever since, useless, playing on losing teams wherever he goes, his 15 minutes of fame was up. No team wanted him, even for peanuts.

Who's Jeremy Lin? nobody talks about him anymore.

4. Durant

Durant Member

be careful, refs will help them

5. Lucky Charm

Lucky Charm Member

Not gonna lie, a little nervous for tomorrow's game.
    They just gotta keep playing the way they've been doing, moving the ball and playing SOLID defense.
    And when Jeremy is on the bench, I say we let Asik play PG.
    [​IMG]

Well yeah but everyone was hitting their shots, he didn't really need to keep shooting.
    But yes if we go cold, he better ballhog a bit and keep shooting :p ESPECIALLY those mid range jumpers and off-the-dribble 3's, those never seem to fail...the 5 or 6 times he's shot them anyway :p

6. tor.rocks

tor.rocks Member

If lin plays PG we will win. If harden plays PG we will lose. Harden as a PG experiment should be over. We saw what happen when he did.

7. hkomives

hkomives Member

A PG playing PG, drastic experiment. Next thing you know, Asik will be allow to play center.

1 person likes this.
  8. torocan

torocan Member

This is going to be a tough game. Denver IN Denver.

They're long, fast, athletic, have multiple scorers and very good in transition.

In a lot of ways they're similar to the Rockets, except with more veterans and more time together as a team.

Not to say this game can't be won, but don't expect us to easily run them out of the gym.

And if both teams go at a high pace, it will be crazy fast. One of those blink and you miss it type games.

9. pnr

pnr Member

This will be a loss. Denver is just better than us. Their frontcourt is insane too. If Lin helps out like he did in Utah, Ty Lawson will make him pay big time.

10. Morlock O

Morlock O Member

Denver is the worse match up for us...

11. Falcao

Falcao Rookie

hko, I've been enjoying your posts on this thread, but this one was a little to easy. The previous posts were about the perfect balance of sarcasm and possible honest opinion.

Either way, I liked your posts this thread. As someone who shares your opinion, I appreciate your style.

12. Falcao

Falcao Rookie

We got this. They can bring back Alex English, Dan Issel, and Kiki Vandewheghe and still they wouldn't have a chance.

By the way, they're guys I used to watch.

13. SuperVon

SuperVon Member

Do you even give a **** about Houston? It seems that every post you make is in favour of Lin, or why Harden and Mchale shouldn't have credibility. Its sick.

14. hkomives

hkomives Member

Mercy, you indeed have high standards on sarcasm.

Thanks dude, I'll follow your posts as well and be talking to you.

15. mfastx

mfastx Member
    Supporting Member

Not saying that Harden playing PG is good, but we did get out to a 21-14 start with that strategy.

16. Lucky Charm

Lucky Charm Member

Actually the little winning stretch a while ago when we were blowing out opponents was also when Lin was handling the ball more (started during NYK game and then PHI, CHI, UTA & MEM?) and then we kinda slowly went with a more Harden dominated system when we lost 2 bad ones against SAS & OKC, which was totally knee-jerkish of the coaching staff but I cant knock them for experimenting.
    Im just glad we're back to the winning strategy where everyone seems confident with their role! :) I hope this formula sticks this time around.

17. Fighton

Fighton Member

If George Karl meant what he said about Lin, Lin is going to have a very tough game since their attention will be on him.

He said that as much as Harden is the superstar, he still believes that Lin is the motor of the team and if he's playing well, we're very hard to stop. I think if he struggles, our pace will grind to a halt.

18. sophiaaa19

sophiaaa19 Member

omgahh why can't we catch a break. Lakers won again -_- and so did blazers, granted the mavs lost but blazers are closer. I hope kobe goes into chuck mode soon, he is being too graceful right now lol JEEEZ, trying to make the playoffs here

19. Sydeffect

Sydeffect Member

More of these LOF ....:grin:

20. parksn306

parksn306 Member

man a win here would be HUGE...i just hope the coaches have a game plan for mcgee...he killed us last time...i hope they go to pat early and try and establish that baseline jumper of his...if hes hitting that it opens up the paint for us which is obviously good for our game

go rockets!