1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Feinstein calls for banning more than 150 types of firearms, including pistols and shotguns.

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by Svpernaut, Jan 24, 2013.

Tags:
  1. Nook

Nook Member

That is a fair response. All I will add is that I believe that many would like an eventual ban on a majority of firearms. You are right that it is not an official platform like the Republicans with abortion.

2. Nook

Nook Member

Not really snarky, but stating what I believe he would say. For those with a great deal of experience the reload time is very small.

3. ROXRAN

ROXRAN Contributing Member

Ahh rapture. We all die. Nice

4. underoverup

underoverup Member

It seems like gun collectors would want these weapons banned so the value of the ones out there would skyrocket. :confused:

5. ROXRAN

There is no slippery slope. Cool. Then keep regulation as is.

6. MoonDogg

MoonDogg Member

[​IMG]

1 person likes this.
  7. ROXRAN

Like I said fortunately she ain't no decider. I can make wish lists too.

8. Baba Booey

Baba Booey Contributing Member

How am I supposed to hunt without my Izhmash Saiga 12? I do high volume duck hunting, so a banana clip on my shotty is a must!

Next thing they're going to tell me is that I can longer use my M203 for hunting blue quail in West Texas...

9. rimrocker

rimrocker Contributing Member

Hey gunnies, here's a clue. Quit trying to say things would have been better for the Jews, the slaves, and the Sioux at Wounded Knee if they had only used guns. It's not helping your cause. And really, if John Lewis had pulled a gun (in the middle of a NON-VIOLENT protest), he would have been dead for decades now.

10. rocketsjudoka

rocketsjudoka Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I wonder what Rush thought of these black guys with guns in the 60's
    [​IMG]

11. CometsWin

CometsWin Breaker Breaker One Nine

There's just no end to the stupidity.

12. ROXRAN

Power to the people?

13. Rashmon

Rashmon Contributing Member

That's back when the NRA was in favor of gun control...

14. KingCheetah

KingCheetah Contributing Member

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/cgpQBZF2sZQ" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

I just put a couple of these bad boys on order just in case this liberal witch hunt for freedom is somehow passed.

15. Svpernaut

Svpernaut Contributing Member

Nothing. Thus adding to the ridiculousness.

You won't use an AR-15 in Call of Duty. Well, you could but you'd get "WTF PWNED." Why can't you comprehend that an AR-15 is not the same as an M16 or an A4? It is SEMI-AUTOMATIC. Your average semi-automatic hunting rifle is MORE POWERFUL, and many are just as capable of having high capacity magazines. That's the point. The people proposing changes are ignorant to what they are proposing... and God forbid I don't want more ignorant laws passed.

But it sets a precedence, and is a clear start. Just last week many of you were exclaiming "no one wants to ban guns, just high capacity magazines." Like I said, they peck away until there is nothing left.

More ignorance. An AK-47 is a fully automatic rifle, and has been banned since 1986. Just because a gun LOOKS like an AK-47 doesn't mean it is... just like a Ferrari kit car built on a Pontiac Fiero isn't a Ferrari.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Firearm_Owners_Protection_Act

The more you know...

Unfortunately that is an automatic weapon and has been banned since 1986, and Predator didn't make it famous until 1987... just missed it! :p

I've never said my right to own guns was for hunting, I've said just the opposite... like most gun owners.

16. Baba Booey

Baba Booey Contributing Member

So...do you think current gun laws have already gone too far? Should we be able to buy belt-fed M249 light machine guns? How about shoulder fired surface-to-air missiles? At what point do you draw the line, if your interpretation of the 2nd amendment is for the public to be able to counter the USA Armed Forces?

There has, for many years, been precedence stating that it is okay to restrict the 2nd amendment in certain ways (machine guns have been prohibited for a long time), just like it's okay to restrict the 1st amendment in certain ways (yelling 'FIRE' in a crowded theater or libel laws). Precedence rules, my friend.

17. Commodore

Commodore Contributing Member

Testimony from a survivor of the Texas Luby's shooting during the original assault weapons ban hearings.

<iframe width="480" height="360" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/6sEYGcXSmpQ" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

18. CrazyDave

CrazyDave Contributing Member

<object width="560" height="315"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/aOYno0TTWl4?version=3&amp;hl=en_US"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/aOYno0TTWl4?version=3&amp;hl=en_US" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="560" height="315" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true"></embed></object>

1975, couldn't find it in english. Just a tangent, the Duke being cool should not imply a stance on my part.

#58 CrazyDave, Jan 24, 2013
    Last edited: Jan 24, 2013
  19. CometsWin

CometsWin Breaker Breaker One Nine

I've seen this stupid video posted by every gun nut I know. Why is that any time reality seems to rum amok with conservative logic that it just takes an anectodal facebook post or video by just anybody to refute actual research, science, expert opinion, facts, etc.

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/8QjZY3WiO9s" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

20. SamFisher

SamFisher Contributing Member

You haven't even seen the proposed legislation, but you are an expert on all of its provisions and how it will be iinterpeted. Do you realize how embarrassingly silly a post like this makes you look? It's things like this that lead you to be mocked and laughed at.

The ignoramus here is you, who claim that weapons designed by and for the military are "not military weapons" - again, you should be embarrassed to post something so openly and obviously ridiculous.