1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Official Fire McHale Thread

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by FTW Rockets FTW, Apr 19, 2012.

1. Commodore

Commodore Contributing Member

You wonder what this says about Chris Finch as well

How much influence does he have on the offense?

2. OremLK

OremLK Member

ISO, ISO, ISO, ISO, ISO, ISO

That's his offensive system.

3. pnr

pnr Member

His system is harden isos and initiates all the plays while the other 4 players are camped at the 3 point line waiting for a harden kickout

4. rolyat93

rolyat93 Contributing Member

[​IMG]

5. hocash

hocash Contributing Member

You can't be serious. We are terrible at PF and SF (yes Parsons is garbage). Average to above average PG. awesome SG. Pretty good center. Bench is pretty decent.
    But top 5 in the west. No way!

6. rolyat93

rolyat93 Contributing Member

Opinion voided, welcome to Ignore.

7. hocash

hocash Contributing Member

Garbage might have been too strong. But when you can't finish on a fast break, can't play defense, and your only strength is outside shooting you're not very good.

8. Lucky Charm

Lucky Charm Member

You've got 2 great playmaking unselfish penetrating guards so of course running ISO, brick 3, ISO, brick 3, ISO, brick 3 is the best offense he can come up with. Now that is what I call imagination. Good going, McHale!

[​IMG]

9. kcal

kcal Member

Yes, except for asik, this is exactly correct. It's really unfortunate that the offense is so lopsided and so predictable.

Based on what I've seen, parsons is the only player who feels truly comfortable in the harden-led/dominated offensive set. Delfino and Douglas have had their moments as well. Even the PF's are gunning away from 3.

Lin is the starter who seems most lost in this offense, as he was accustomed to being ball dominant last season.

My sense is that unless lin petitions for a bigger role somehow, he will be stuck not doing much of anything for the foreseeable future as long as mchale and his staff are in place.

10. Rip Van Rocket

Rip Van Rocket Contributing Member

Someone send Adam Clanton a tweet and ask him if he really said this.

11. brick

brick Member

“I feel like we just won the championship,” said James Harden after the game against Bobcats.

12. SirKen

SirKen Member

I was about to respond to your reply, then I saw this post...

Pointless to argue, I guess...

13. charles_zed

charles_zed Member

Parsons isn't garbage, he's just being misused, like everyone else on this roster.

Parsons is a glue guy, a legit SF who isn't elite at anything but makes cuts to the basket, can drive, can pass, can shoot can hustle and defend perimeter scorers but instead he's carrying an inordinate amount of the offensive load.

14. kcal

kcal Member

Parsons is a FANTASTIC player. He's a 6'9", 6'10" SF with range to 25.' He has a great, intuitive feel for the game and plays all out on every play.

If he can develop some strength, and perhaps a bit of bulk, I can see him as an all star. Especially if da females vote. No homo.

15. tminusrex

tminusrex Rookie

I have no idea what McHale is doing anymore.

16. TopChef

TopChef Member

Sooo. Anyone want to take a stab at why TD has been benched?

I thought TD was getting a lot of playing time before to boost his trade value. Maybe no one bit so Morrey instructed McFail to destroy TD's market value so he will be cheap to resign next season. Then we trade Beverly for a late second rounder in the off season?

17. JeffB

JeffB Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

[missed the game and am watching now]

McHale's substitutions feel so random. I really have no idea what he is going for. It is like he hasn't a big, small, or medium picture of what the team is about. Sometimes I think he is just flailing around hoping something sticks.

#1317 JeffB, Jan 22, 2013
    Last edited: Jan 22, 2013
  18. LosPollosHermanos

LosPollosHermanos Houston only fan
    Supporting Member

I was never for the mchale signing, in fact I was really bitter for about a year after Rick was fired. That being said, you can't fire Mchale now. The faults of the team can't completely be attributed to him, this team is not built to be a contender, there are too many holes.

And before any of you criticize mchale, do you remember when and why Adelman left? Management wants a mojority of the say in the way the rockets play, who they play and to what extent. Rick didn't want that and left. Mchale was hired as a guy that would stick to the FO plans. If you want to blame anyone, blame them.

19. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

Nope.

Morey has been touting Lin and Harden as some of the best pnr players in the NBA. If Morey was giving directions on how to coach the team I'd think you see a lot of that.

20. Lucky Charm

Lucky Charm Member

Just whatta hell is he talking about? :confused: Kinda hard to grab offensive rebounds when you're parked at the 3pt line like you're Steve Novak.
    I'm sure it's just our PFs idea to shoot endless 3's, it's not like McHale himself said "this is a team that will take A LOT of 3's" in the beginning of season, oh wait yes it was.
    Great to see that now that it's obvious his brilliant offensive system is crap, he's just throwing his players under the bus. :)

Jeff, where are you watching it? I missed the first 3 quarters :(

But yeah watching the Denver vs OKC game last night made me so sad for the young Rockets. Real coaches running real plays, appropriate time outs, but most of all LOGICAL substitutions. Even that seems too complex for McHale. Utterly clueless.