1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

ClutchFans Game Thread: Rockets @ Pacers 1/18/2013

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Jan 17, 2013.

1. wenzon

wenzon Member

coaching staff says no to mid range game.. thats the answer.. :p

2. javajam

javajam Contributing Member

James, Jeremy and everyone else are both exhausted. McHale acknowledged that tonight. Everyone should send good vibes for tomorrow's game in Minneapolis.

3. eman

eman Contributing Member

OK, never mind, I see Douglas with the DNP-CD on NBA.com's box score. I had wondered if he was fixing to be traded, pouting, or what.

18 turnovers again. Sheesh.

4. adobo

adobo Member

Disapointing game. I thought the coaches would adapt. The offense is becoming very 2 dimensional. Drive or 3's. So predictable. Very disappointing. I hope these coaches realise soon.

5. BlueJazz

BlueJazz Member

I'm so pissed at McHale right now. He basically ran Harden to the ground by playing him 40 minutes a game in this crazy fast paced offense. Now Harden's legs are dead. Can't shoot, can't make lay ups, can't do *****.

We really really need a better coach.

6. Type Raba

Type Raba Member

you still dont get it. lin CANNOT be aggressive without a mid range game. that is his bread and butter and it has been taken away from him. what do you realistically expect him to do when the coaches actively discourage the shots that you are actually good at? and instead drill into your head that the shots you suck at are the best shots to take? what's he to do? honestly...

7. jocar

jocar Member

That's what I said, coaching/playbook is limited, I'm addressing the people who think Lin is being reprimanded for taking shots- which is just idiotic.

8. rolyat93

rolyat93 Contributing Member

Drive to the rim.

9. glacier921

glacier921 Rookie

Yup. agreed.

10. jocar

jocar Member

Prove to me coaches are "actively discouraging shots" or stfu.

11. SirKen

SirKen Member

McHale needs to go. I am open to the idea of all these young players evolving but I doubt we will see that from McHale.

... so in short, he needs to go.

12. Type Raba

Type Raba Member

even when there's nothing there? get real people... as if its that easy... just press turbo button like in 2k13 right? :rolleyes:

13. mfastx

mfastx Member
    Supporting Member

Yet another game thread taken over by the LOF's.

14. neoxyphus

neoxyphus Member

This is all fine and dandy except you see Harden asking for the ball over and over. If Lin/Parsons doesn't hand it to him he claps loudly and motions until they do.

Of course, when Lin/Parsons ask for the ball he never hands it back, was plain as day in 3Q, he ignored both Lin/Parsons and went iso and bricks. Wasn't even double teamed Pacers just looked at him in the paint and laughed when he did his jab steps, they know what's coming next and sat in the paint waiting for him, because they gambled right, Harden wasn't going to pass.

Same ***** different day. But yes lets blame Parsons/Lin/Asik for the past 2 losses, surely golden boy Harden did not contribute to the loss shooting 10/42 high percentage isos with 9 TOs to match because he's an all star and surely cannot be faulted.

15. muas2010

muas2010 Member

Someone needs to ask Dolan to borrow his voice recording set so we can all hear what's being said on the court to Lin from the coaches!:grin:

16. Dreamin

Dreamin Member

Horrid run in the last 6 games. We just played ourselves out of the top8. We desperately need a fix at the 4, Pat and Morris suck plain and simple. I've given up on Pat.

What the hell happened to Lin? He had a few awesome games after he had that huge night against the Spurs when Harden was out and now he is playing like a 3rd string PG again.

17. VanityHalfBlack

You see this is good criticism, a healthy one, now do it again and not direct it towards LOF, because that's what this thread is for:

http://bbs.clutchfans.net/showthread.php?t=229170&page=191

Dude, to be completely honest, you don't even need LOF anymore, you can do this all on your own bro, the desert is empty and you have all the corn fields in the world to yourself, fly from the flock, it's your destiny free as a bird yo, free as a fockin bird!!!

18. Type Raba

Type Raba Member

look at the basket chart. its clear as day. if you cant see that then i dont know what to say. what do you want a recording? :rolleyes:

19. wenzon

wenzon Member

how can u drive to the rim if the opposing big is rallying inside the lane.

20. muas2010

muas2010 Member

And started by LOH's.....I think this whole Rockets GARM has been a Lin forum.:grin: