1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Get comfortable fellas!

Discussion in 'Houston Texans' started by tamericus, Jan 14, 2013.

1. tamericus

tamericus Contributing Member

http://houston.culturemap.com/newsd...y-play-owner-feels-the-texans-are-very-close/

I would advise you all to get comfortable, as long as Kubiak keeps these boys battlefighting there doesn't appear to be any dramatic changes in the foreseeable future.

2. Mr. Clutch

Mr. Clutch Contributing Member

The owner isn't gonna throw the QB under the bus.

Would you rather have Jerrah as the owner and fire people randomly?

3. SwoLy-D

SwoLy-D Contributing Member

Our owner has been meticulous and calculating when it comes to coaching and personnel decisions, and he trusts that the FIRST TRIP for our quarterback was an experience from which he and the coach will learn. Don't try to make us feel worse about not having a crazy owner that wants to say bad things about his players, man. Enough with these knee-jerk threads you and the other peeps just make when mad. :cool: Cool it.

4. Mr. Clutch

Mr. Clutch Contributing Member

I can get used to 12-4.

Hopefully it doesn't come with a late-season collapse next time.

5. tamericus

Lol, where do you get this stuff man? All I stated was there does not appear to be any dramatic changes in the foreseeable future.

There's really nothing knee-jerk about it, just statements from the owner. Take it as you wish.

6. SwoLy-D

SwoLy-D Contributing Member

I get it from wherever your "get comfortable" thread title or your "battlefighting" mockery.
    :confused: Really? When would you prefer the losses, then, NEVER? Two of those 4 came in the late-season collapse... to PLAYOFF teams, mind you.

7. tamericus

I don't follow where you reach me wanting our owner to talk bad about our players?

Maybe a misunderstanding of the text? That's my best guess.

Edit: Upon rereading maybe a poor choice of title on my part, I was just emphasizing what I concluded from the quotes.

#7 tamericus, Jan 14, 2013
    Last edited: Jan 14, 2013
  8. REEKO_HTOWN

REEKO_HTOWN I'm Rich Biiiiaaatch!

Too bad this team has hit it's peak. Andre is getting older, Daniels is getting slower, The O-Line isn't going to get better and we are capped out.

I could enjoy another 12-4 season but I say that's unlikely with this division improving.

9. conquistador#11

the last time he said we were on the right track, we laughed at him and he was correct. rub his belly for good luck!

10. Nick

Nick Contributing Member

Really? Yes, the Colts got better faster than anybody thought... but still have serious deficiencies, seriously overachieved, and could lose all their great defensive guys in the off-season. Tennessee is bad and kept their overmatched HC. Jacksonville is worse and fired everybody.

The Texans still have the best nucleus of anybody in the division... just gotta get better at the things they were once great at (run blocking, quick hit pass plays, allowing any RB to be successful).

11. bobmarley

bobmarley Contributing Member

<iframe width="640" height="360" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/JRdLS-WxXEo?feature=player_embedded" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

12. sugrlndkid

sugrlndkid Member

He just spent 60 mil on the guy...that better be what he is saying about him...lol

13. SamFisher

SamFisher Contributing Member

McNair Smith & Koobs = queuing up the Wilson Phillips.

Foster is going to be in a wheelchair by 2014.

14. bluffkin

bluffkin Member

Peak? JJ Watt and Cushing are only 23 and 25 years old.

15. blackistan

blackistan Member

Unfortunately this is true aint nothing happening until we got schaub n kubiak well never win a super bowl with those two and mcnair is going to keep them as long as he can he feels a sense of loyalty..stupid owner and oh yea we got the next manning in our division luck is going to run the afc south