1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Was this police abuse or Blue justice

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by edwardc, Jan 13, 2013.

1. edwardc

edwardc Member

2. AroundTheWorld

AroundTheWorld Insufferable 98er
    Supporting Member

Any photo of the police officer that was shot in the face by this criminal?

3. Svpernaut

Svpernaut Member

4. edwardc

edwardc Member

Don't get me wrong i agree with you just wondering if this is a good look for the cops.

5. AroundTheWorld

AroundTheWorld Insufferable 98er
    Supporting Member

Hard to say without more facts? Maybe the suspect resisted arrest and was attacking the police officers making the arrest and they had to physically subdue him?

6. edwardc

edwardc Member

I'm thinking so and they had to rough him up a bit.

7. platypus

platypus Member

Heck if my partner got shot in the face id beat the crap of the offender too. The guy isn't lucky the other officer shot and killed him.

8. platypus

platypus Member

my correction

9. Jontro

Jontro Member

Just another day in 'Murica.

10. Svpernaut

Svpernaut Member

I think most people have the same opinion as us...

[​IMG]

11. tallanvor

tallanvor Member

I wouldn't call it police abuse. I also wouldn't call it justice. that's a false choice.

12. bigtexxx

bigtexxx Member

Need more facts to directly answer your question

if the guy shot an officer in the face, then I would suspect others on the scene would need to use appropriate force to ensure he doesn't harm them, too. It looks like this thug was in possession of an illegal weapon (since he's already a convicted felon) and had cocaine with him. Yeah that's not helpful for his case...

13. rockbox

rockbox Around before clutchcity.com

I need to know all the facts but if he did shoot a cop in the face, he's lucky to be even alive.

14. edwardc

edwardc Member

BT really all i wanted to know was give the current info was Blue justice ok.

15. bigtexxx

bigtexxx Member

is this English?

16. edwardc

edwardc Member

you knew what i meant so stop with the nonsense and answer the question.

17. RedRedemption

RedRedemption Member

The only thing that keeps us civilized is the fact that we don't have the "eye for an eye" deal from the Code of Hammurabi anymore. While I don't blame the cops for beating the living hell out of someone that chooses to shoot a cop in the face... the preferred action would be just to apprehend the suspect and let the justice system do its work.

Huge grey area here. In my opinion this situation is not as black and white as the title says.

18. Hak34

Hak34 Member

Its Blue justice and just fine as long as your willing to allow police officers to be jury and executioners of said findings in all cases.

Look, the dude is a dirtbag. Cops know what their job entails. Cops are not sentencers, or jury's or executioners for any reason what so ever.

Im not saying that this dude didn't get roughed up in a resisting arrest style fashion. What I am saying is that no cop as OUTLINED by their own oaths should be allowed to "handle" any business the way they see fit. Otherwise, they in and of themselves are law breakers.

Unless you know the truth about what happened, how would you feel if you witnessed your son, or daughter getting a beatdown that causes that much damage (assuming it wasn't a resisting type situation).

That is what our courts are for, our legal system, and what our country is founded on.

19. MoonDogg

MoonDogg Member

20. Nook

Nook Member

Define "blue justice"

It is all speculation at this point but those appear to be superficial injuries.