1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

ClutchFans Game Thread: Rockets @ Celtics 1/11/2013

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Jan 10, 2013.

1. daoshi

daoshi Contributing Member

The Rockets made a come back with TD & Delfino on the court in the 4th, so the coaches decided to stay with them, and most coaches probably would do the same thing.

In hindsight, Lin probable should entered the game earlier, maybe when they got close to 2pt.

2. WSWhippets

WSWhippets Member

take it easy. this game is on FREE THROWS. but i absolutely agree JL taking 9 shots is absolutely unacceptable. what he needs to realize is that when he attacks, MAKE OR MISS, he puts the defense on their heels, because i don't care what ANYONE says, every team we play the defenses KEY IN on beard and JL, especially off the pick n roll in the half court. when jeremy is in the paint creating chaos, it's a very good thing. yes, he'll turn the ball over, but he will have defenders chasing him everywhere as well and that usually leads to a wide open shot for someone.

i think his zero turnovers tonight are deceptively good not truly good. he took care of the ball, but it is the surest indicator that he wasn't hell bent for the basket enough--ESPECIALLY in the SECOND HALF! of course it didn't help that mchale iced him too long again. and i'm sorry, riding tony douglas to the end has a win percentage below 10%. the 2nd laker game is the only one i can remember where that worked. it's a stupid strategy--especially when he's not HOT from the field, and the people who believe riding TD is a good thing over the long haul just flat out don't know basketball, i'm sorry.

3. WSWhippets

WSWhippets Member

this sums it up nicely. and it's something mchale failed to grasp tonight. and it's something that a lot of idiots on this board CANNOT UNDERSTAND. "coincidental member of that line up" says it all. delfino too. JL was playing better than TD in this game and mchale iced him. he didn't give his best players a chance to win.

4. i meow a lot

i meow a lot Member

Part of the reason I think was he gave the ball up to harden I think to make something happen whether it was designed by play or not. But I noticed when he tried to drive the collapsed on him quick. I wasn't there if he got many screens. Was a fun but frustrating game to watch though. On to the next one

5. SuperStar

SuperStar Member

Oh please TD didn't play bad during the stretch and you don't jeopardize the chemistry on the floor just to put in Lin is what you Lin fans don't seem to realize.

6. i meow a lot

i meow a lot Member

I agree with you one hundred percent. They use harden way too much, the offence becomes stagnant and predictable. My biggest irk with the coaching is when they pull Lin when he has a decent game to keep TD in. I really thought he would put Lin back in after they were close to two points . I think at that times that's then the Boston starters came in to make their run. In NY MDA would always put the starters back , once they closed a gaps a little.

When you keep him on the bench - it might damage his confidence. He's getting paid and is a starter yet I feel like sometimes he's treated like he just got drafted. Plus Lin is the type of player who needs to handle the ball often and get into rhythm. So he needs his 4th quarter minutes to adjust accordingly. This also happened in a previous game where the rockets had a lead but I think they benched Lin instead (can't remember which game) and Lin was playing solid

The coaches need to tell Lin to be more aggressive to make something happen. Not sure whether lin's mentality is: a) wants to defer to harden because harden is the closer b) being a team player so passes more or c) it's coaches decision for him to play the way he is playing (give ball up to harden)

I wonder how the teams mates feel about this? There's no question that the teammates respect hardens talent and will defer but how about lin?

7. SuperStar

SuperStar Member

Douglas made a basket, got an asists, and was playing good D so I wouldn't say he didn't contribute. Lin played the majority of the 3 quarters, yet the Rockets never seemed to be able to get close to the Celtics. Lin sits, Rockets finally make their comeback. I don't see any problem with letting TD finish the game off. Who knows if putting in Lin who of done anything either.

8. glacier921

glacier921 Rookie

I remember the Portland game and Dallas game. Both games they lost when they put TD as the closer. They actually benched Lin in the 4th quarter in the previous Boston game, but the Rockets won. Back then I thought that the coaches were finding reasons to bench Lin. Right now, I don't think they are. I mean, the Rockets were scoring 120 something points when Lin runs the offense. Not sure why he wasn't part of the 4th quarter today. Maybe they're trying to rest him up for tommorow's game and the game was out of reach anyways. The offense was simply not clicking from the start.

9. i meow a lot

i meow a lot Member

Yeah I mean I mean I would be happy if the rockets won even if Lin was on the bench - but I'm a Lin fan so I would be sad if he was on the bench. But this isn't the case - Lin clearly can play and the lineup with TD was getting killed by Boston starters. Reinserting Lin with five plus minutes just isn't enough.

10. raskol

raskol Contributing Member

Did you watch the game? Could you elaborate on why you think Lin had a ****ty game other than number of shot attempts. Thanks.

11. iJHolmes

iJHolmes Member

Now the people with common sense come in. I said he wasn't playing an A+ game (others were saying he was) and got called a troll lol.

It wasnt a good game on anyones behalf really. at minimum it was a decent game for some. There was no team chemistry except for that short amount that we made that come back.

12. manning

manning Member

it's nothing about him. Rox finally make their comeback because of Parsons and Harden’s shooting, not TD.

13. BraveFox

BraveFox Member

great exciting game, we played almost as well as usual, its only that we are in a shooting slump as a team, were it not for a horrible FT shooting it would be easy win for us...don't be fooled by the shooting slump this team is very very good!

14. cyclorider

cyclorider Member

Lin did nothing to help the Rockets win last night and he was a minus in the second half. Lin played 36 minutes. That's enough. Lately, McHale's been playing Lin heavy minutes in the first half, which seems to render him unable to perform in the second half.

Lin started the 3rd quarter with the Rockets down by 8.

Lin left with 1:07 left in the 3rd quarter and the Rockets down by 13.

Rockets go on a 20-9 run with Douglas at PG. Rockets down by 2. Celtics call timeout.
    After the timeout...

Pierce makes a shot.
    Delfino misses a shot.
    Smith fouls Rondo who makes both free throws.
    Harden misses a three throw.
    Bass scores inside.
    Harden turns the ball over.
    Pierce makes a shot + 1.

Lin re-enters with 4:52 left in the 4th quarter and the Rockets down by 10.

Lin closes the game, goes scoreless in the 4th quarter, and the Rockets lose by 12.

Lin played 36 minutes and was a minus in the second half. There is no evidence that 40+ minutes of Lin would have produced a victory since the Celtics expanded their leads in both the 3rd and 4th quarters when Lin was in there.

15. catch22

catch22 Member

There are too many bitter Knicks fan btiches on our board who are trolling hard. Jholmes, cyclorider, I don't think they even watch rockets games, these little r****ds just reads the stats then post here with a mission. They are actually easy to spot as they have absolutely no interest in any other rockets player

Time to ban these trolls, they are ruining our board

16. Unstable

Unstable Member

Folks calm down yeah we lost 2 in a row but the main reason was becos of our ****ty shooting . Guess what shooting can be improved with practice so let's hope for a better outing against 76ers go rockets!

17. CCM721

CCM721 Member

When I was checking the game thread earlier, iJholmes merely said Lin wasn't on his A game and got flamed by the next 25 posters. Lin was 4-9 at that point with like 2 assists.

18. holly1985

holly1985 Member

Jeremy Lin needs to be more aggressive. 0 turnover is a sign that he played much much more under control. It's good and bad. But I suppose McHale'll love to see the 0 turnover stat.

19. Sports2012

Sports2012 Member

I agree.

20. Sports2012

Sports2012 Member

I agree. A PF is called a PF because he has the muscle power to play the low-post game. As some posters here said, our PFs in Morris and Patterson are "soft."