1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2. Watching NBA Action
    Come join Clutch as we're watching NBA playoff action live, including KD vs. Ant and the star-studded Clippers-Mavericks matchup

LIVE: NBA Playoffs!
    Dismiss Notice

ClutchFans Game Thread: Rockets @ Celtics 1/11/2013

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Jan 10, 2013.

1. muas2010

muas2010 Member

Yes. That's what everyone tells me. Haven't been this excited about basketball since the days of Magic with my Lakers!:grin:

2. DOLPHIN2k2

DOLPHIN2k2 Member

No need to blame Douglas, Harden or Lin, they played fine. The reason we lost was because Morris and Patterson went 4 for 14 and Delfino's 1-7 performance. Shooting 27.3% at 3 pt land and FTM-A of 12-29 definitely hurt. The front court needs to step up and show up at games going forward and more practice at the charity line.

3. parksn306

parksn306 Contributing Member

haha awesome man!

4. New

Never liked Celtics... They play dirty (or veteran) defense... We are lucky that no one got injured...

5. New

What is the percentage of 3pt attempts today that are uncontested? I did not watch the first 3 quarters...

6. Rockets12

Rockets12 Member

Most likely sarcasm....just an actual fan having fun trolling all the LOFs

7. Rockets12

Rockets12 Member

"your lakers"? So you're a LOF and a lakers fan. Ok....

8. Lucky Charm

Lucky Charm Member

Forgot to post this one, no caption, just a nice pic :p
    [​IMG]

9. muas2010

muas2010 Member

Nice shootout between Lillard and Curry (22/12..pretty good stat for Curry as well). Good thing about Lillard is that he's not like Irving in going all out every night and at times forgetting about your own teammates. He knows when to take over and when to defer things. Houston should still be good shape after this weekend if they take tomorrow's game. Portland is probably bound to be pushed back another game on Sunday. GS or Denver is guaranteed a loss on Sunday. Houston could be back to number 6 come Monday.

10. raskol

raskol Contributing Member

I blame this loss on Lin. No joke. He can't be on his game watch everyone be off their game and shoot 9 shots. Ridiculous. If he wants to be the second option he's got to take over sometimes. If he doesn't take 15 shots a game I'm gonna blame him for everything not the coaches

11. New

What are you saying? He obviously was taking about the style of the game. Can't you like a team just because of its style?

12. jocar

jocar Member

Lol! funny stuff man
    One issue with all the lack of picks/screens knocks on the team... Setting a screen for Lin, whether or not it would help him to beat his defender (which he can already do without one), will not help him to finish at the basket or prevent defense from collapsing on him in the paint. You can set a thousand picks, but they'll continue to dead end him in the paint since he has no stop and pop, outside jumper threat.

13. M4-Nightvision

the rockets offense is pathetic so predictable just give to harden and iso jump shot or drive try to get foul. pass around with no picks or screen set. or asik get calls for moving picks.

harden takes a lot of bad shots some with a defender right in front , it looks good when it goes in but ugly when its not.

harden try to do to much thats why 5 to first half. 6 to total.

the celtics pick n roll the rockets all night and asik is not a good pick n roll defender , he stay to far back.

14. gate470

gate470 Rookie

OMG, Lillard KILLED Curry! 37pts on him!! See, our starting PG isn't the only one that's gets killed by other PG's!

15. muas2010

muas2010 Member

Yup...but I wore Lin's Rockets jersey to the first Laker's game...:grin:Lin and Rockets still come first though.:)

16. GanjaRocket

GanjaRocket Member

TURNOVERS man!

A lot of them are totally on Harden who has the crazy ability to hero-ball but he really needs to watch a LOT OF GAME FILM and learn how to pick and choose his hero moments better

17. Rockets12

Rockets12 Member

Oh yeah I forgot saying "my lakers" obviously means he loved the style (just the style). I apologize for my ignorance. :rolleyes:

1 person likes this.
  18. Sports2012

Sports2012 Member

I have noticed this and to be sure I would watch replay on League Pass to confirm what I saw.

Harden seldom really use the screens properly to get his defender stopped. I am not sure what you mean by "wave off" a lot of screens, but he would often just fake to the other side and then swing back to the same side as the defender and dribble around him, rather than letting the screener block the defender.

Lin used to use a lot more screens in NY with Tyson Chandler and Jared Jeffries, but now I only see him do it with Asik occasionally but much less than a month ago.

In the last month Asik would stay at low post more probably to get ready for layup or rebounding, but it would be more effective if he would come up to the the top of the key to set the pick and roll back to get to the rim.

I have seen Smith did it once with Lin but that's it.

I think McHale should have our players relearn the use of screening and all its variations, or our games would become more and more difficult going towards the postseason.

19. Rockets12

Rockets12 Member

Well to be fair we only had 14 turnovers, below our average. If you are referring to the rockets as a team, turnovers weren't a problem. But if you're talking about harden by himself, yeah I agree he has turned over the ball a lot recently (along with Lin, although he had none today)

20. Arthurprescott2

I missed the second half but from what I can tell,, Morris and ppatt didn't show up, huh?