1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

ClutchFans Game Thread: Rockets @ Celtics 1/11/2013

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Jan 10, 2013.

1. Deckard

Deckard Blade Runner
    Supporting Member

The Celtics looked like the better team this time around. Dumb kids trying to drive to the hoop on Garnett. All he had were 4 blocks? I thought it was more. Pierce had a good game, worst luck. Still and all, we could have won this thing if we'd shot the ball well, including at the line. Some of that was probably playing in the Garden. I wish the Toy Box was like that every night. When is McHale going to figure out that Delfino has gone cold? And we were really exploited at the 4. Morris and Patterson just didn't impact the game. I'm about ready to give Smith a shot at playing there next to Asik for some decent stretches. Why not, when our 4's are having a night like tonight?

2. peter2012

peter2012 Member

Another good news is portland is going to lose too. Too bad, denver won again in the last few minutes.

3. Falcao

Falcao Rookie

You obviously looked at the data but didn't watch the game.

Next time, watch the game. Lin had a good game the whole game, on both ends of the court.

Are you implying that they were losing because of Lin? Better go eat some Honey Nut Cheerios, 'cause you're sugar's getting low.

4. torocan

torocan Member

2 of those blocks were clear goal tends that were missed by the officials. Not even close goal tends, obvious goal tends hitting the back board first that even our commentators noted and showed on replay.

Obvious enough that Doc Rivers walked up to our commentators and said, "What do you expect? It's a home game..."

5. raskol

raskol Contributing Member

I disagree. Until we get our 2nd star, maybe we should look to our new pg who's been showing that if given the pnr/screen consistently he can create with the best of em. I still can't believe after the rough stretches that Parsons, Asik has been though. You guys could call Lin the 4th best starter. Is it just to get your knock in against Lin? I love Chandler but I don't think he is as valuable as a penetrating pg. Just my opinion.

6. Deckard

Deckard Blade Runner
    Supporting Member

I know that, and heard the comment, but we didn't score, did we?

7. roxxy

roxxy Member

Other bigs need to learn how to set screens. Can't just be Asik.

8. pnr

pnr Member

lolll.. jeremy lin trending on twitter and everyone saying earl clark might be the 2013 jeremy lin

9. Luca

Luca Member

I agree on Smith, give him some more minutes and try a run with Lin & Harden. I don't know what happened to Asik but can't McHale teaches him some offensive moves or something.

10. shuh

shuh Member

Sorry guys, I was almost done with the review of the game when the backspace button was hit and backed the page and I lost the whole text. Guess I also missed my FT (former text)

Basically, in resume:

The bads:

FT's (12-29 is ridiculous), Post play (lack of - Sullinger killed us) and lack of offensive options aside Harden (since Bradley was doing a good job on him). And the 3 pointers.

The goods:

Less turnovers than lately (not good yet)

The players:

Lin: started well, distributing the ball and scoring, but disappeared in the second half. Solid D on Rondo and 0 TO's. Suming it all up, a regular game form him.

Harden: bad game, 24 points out of 19 attempts and 6 TO's. Most of them out of being stripped of the ball by Bradley. And he kept insisting...

Morris: dunked, and nothing more. Not holding Garnett

Asik: missing too much FTs. Sullinger killed him, with points and 5 offensive rebounds.

Bench: TDouglas provided some D, but nothing exceptional. Delfino went 1-8 from the 3 point line. Smith missing FTs either, and not holding Sullinger. PPat not holding KG. KG physical game was too much for our PF's

Coach McHale: bad coaching tonight. Kept the bench too much on the 4th. Our PF's on Garnett were overpowered. Asik and Smith on Sullinger were not able to hold him. Perhaps he should have exchanged that defensive assignements and that would be less damaging. Heavy minutes from our starters again.

Overall, we gotta go back to running. And if the 3's are not coming in, be more efficient on he other aspects of the offense. Not mentioning FTs..

11. muas2010

muas2010 Member

Ha...
    1. Can't depend on Cleveland.
    2. Lakers looks to be lottery bound...catching up though.
    3. Portland's upcoming tough schedule looks to be a bonus for the Rockets.

12. raskol

raskol Contributing Member

The fact of the matter is, we only have 2 solid playmakers. Lin utilizes the entire team and scoring is distributed and everyone's involved more but it's way too passive. Harden is definitely not passive, but he's somewhat iso happy, especially when he's not feeling it and feels like he needs to punch through it. The fact of the matter is we need a yin to the yang. Not such a bad sign. It happens when balance is missing.

13. el gnomo

el gnomo Member

Earl Clark was a 1st round draft pick (14th overall), therefore he can't be the 2013 Jeremy Lin. This guy has been a bust his whole career and is finally having a couple decent games.

14. MT1417

MT1417 Member

I don't know what are you talking about or I suppose you are responding to Nook? I said he's not the 4th best starter because we don't even have a 2nd best starter yet. How could he be the 3rd or 4th best?

15. Luca

Luca Member

Good post. I like Lin a lot but I want to smack him to get some sense out of the kid sometimes. He needs to realise that when Harden is out it is your job to take over and help the team to play.

16. New

Yeah... We are too Harden and Lin - reliant... We just wait for Harden and Lin to create offense....

I do think Lin's success in Knicks has a lot to do with the fact that they have Jeffries who does the dirty job of setting screens for off-ball players...

Sometimes we just run like Harden + another player or Lin + another player with little off-ball screening. I see Harden struggles to even get the ball during our 4th quarter today. I hope we are setting more screens for Harden when he does not have the ball. Otherwise we are wearing him out quickly.

17. REEKO_HTOWN

REEKO_HTOWN I'm Rich Biiiiaaatch!

We need a PF that can post up and rebound BADLY!!!

18. Karolik

Karolik Member

There's a huge drop in play right now after Harden. After that Parson, Asik and Lin are arguable and then another huge drop and thats the PF.

19. OpportunityCost

I feel at times we win in spite of McHale not because of him - mainly due to our talent.

20. Deckard

Deckard Blade Runner
    Supporting Member

I'm not blaming this loss on McHale, but coaches have bad nights, just like players. I was a huge Adelman fan, still am, but there were times when I simply couldn't fathom his rotations.