1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

ClutchFans Game Thread: Rockets @ Celtics 1/11/2013

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Jan 10, 2013.

1. SuperStar

SuperStar Member

Also McHale stuck with Lin wayyyyyyyy too long against the Hornets. You don't see Toney Douglas only Fans complaining!

2. Cautiously_Op

Cautiously_Op Member

The 4th spot in the West is going to be tough to crack. The 5th - 8th spots are really tight. I rather GS loses to Portland because it'll push GS down close to the 6th - 8th spots.

Houston needs to stop being a scoring-centric team all the time. Scoring is not the problem. Obviously the team can put up points. Playoffs are lower scoring, slow down, physical, defense focused games. Not sure what the trade dead line will bring, but if there are roster moves, it would really help if we got someone who can play the 4 better, help with rebouding, and set solid screens.

3. SuperStar

SuperStar Member

If anything complain about the horrendous free throw shooting and lack of rebounding from the pf position maybe.

4. raskol

raskol Contributing Member

But that's exactly it. With TD out on the floor, Harden had to force it a bit which led to a counter run. McHale needs to provide better rest for Harden as well. Harden should not be playing the entire quarter. We need him at the end.
    I'm just frustrated, that's all. If Lin had the last shot down by 1, with one second on the clock and he passed it. I'd fricken want to kill him. That's how I feel during what I feel to be bone-headed coaching mistakes. I coach my son's team, my church team, and I've made my share of mistakes early but to see an NBA coach make bad judgement calls...

Anyways, you guys are all right, it is being blown out of proportion. It would've been a loss anyways perhaps. I am upset about the lack of respect by the coaches though. The counterrun could have been prevented.

but maybe not.. either way, I hope the boys aren't too down.

5. steady

steady Member

The celtics just had a good game. They shot over 50% FG and almost 40% 3PT. Sullinger and bench were impressive at end of 1st Q, and they got serious momentum going. I was impressed that the Rockets made a comeback. On the road. That is a really good sign.

I love TD, and I do think he brings a particular energy and galvanizes the group. I don't know if the coach's substitution decisions were right or wrong in this game. But in general I do think I'd rather have Lin at the point at the end of games. It's not a question of Lin being a superstar, but just the team having some consistency. When Lin was not playing well earlier in season, it was a different case. But that is no longer what is happening, he is playing well enough.

6. howo13579

howo13579 Member

The loss is on coach. Run some PnR for our guards for god sake. When Lin or Harden had the ball, the other 4 guys were just stand there doing nothing. Results are either turn overs or bricks. Regardless our poor rebound, **** free throws, or crap reffing, I think we could've still won the game. We've got a pg with excellent penetration speed and court vision and a super star sg who is unstoppable with as good if not better court vision. Why don't we set any ****ing screen for these guys? What was Mchale doing in this game? Does our half court offense have to be that predictable? People credit Mchale for this season's success. I say he's overrated. We pretty much use every opportunity to run fast break. That requires talent and heart, not in game coaching. When the pace slows down, that's when coach has to be involved and remind our players what they have practiced on. IMO, we have one of the best back courts. It's very frustrating watching this team offense became so stagnant half court when we clearly has the talent and speed. Also please call TJ back. Asik can't play 20+ min any more.

7. Jedster

Jedster Member

You're absolutely right about Parsons because you can't deny fandom.
    That poll we took earlier showed that 75% of the people here think of Lin as their favorite player. It stands to reason that Lin will always be a topic of conversation in just about every thread.

Parsons got I dunno...less than 10%. So nobody has too much interest discussing him in general.

Definitely, fans of other players are unhappy about Lin getting so much attention, and hence it's why they lash out at Lin at every chance they get. Kinda like punching something to let out frustration. They know it's unfair, but they don't care.

8. MT1417

MT1417 Member

This.

Well except for the part that Lin is our 4th best starter. The way I see, we only have one obvious best starter on the team. I wouldn't even consider Parsons as our 2nd best starter. We just don't have another starter or player than is consistent enough to be declared the 2nd best starter or player on the team. Also the reason why we need a 2nd star badly, or someone to emerge as a 2nd star, hopefully by end of the season.

9. raskol

No. YOu are clearly misunderstanding the situation due to your sensitivity of the LOF situation. Pretty much everyone agreed that McHale should keep the unit that made a run out there. BUT, he stayed with it a beat or two too long. Those of us who felt the rhythm slipping away voiced our frustration afterwards. If it was Harden sitting out, it'd be the same thing. If the team was making a run without Harden, superstar or not, you keep it rolling. But when it starts showing the first signs of sputtering, the coaches got to be on top of that and coach.

10. Luca

Luca Member

Pierce is very clutch and I don't why he is at times left open.

11. SirKen

SirKen Member

+1

10chars

12. Falcao

Falcao Rookie

Fact is we lost. It's the same if we lose by 10 or 25. You guys empathize way too much with McHale. You're acting girlier than Parsons.

Lin was factually our best player tonight. The decision should have been to bring Lin once the deficit was down to small single digits -- actually, the decision to bring him back should have been based on whether Lin had enough rest, and on just that alone. In fact, with the way this game was going, it would have been reasonable to bring him in for either Harden or Douglas.

13. marry

marry Member

yes,my english is poor, but what i said is not a true??

14. Evil Empire

Evil Empire Member

I missed the game, but was checking the score on my iPhone app. I saw we were up by 5 with about 6 min left in the 3rd. I refreshed with 3 min left in the 3rd and we were down double digits. I was like WTF. Thought there was something wrong with my app

15. munsteur

munsteur Member

Post of the Day.

16. tws793

tws793 New Member

Seriously???

Are you guys seriously arguing Lin vs TD in this game??? Seriously??? Did you guys even watch the game??? This makes me so angry.

What happened that got us into a deep hole in the first half was not because JLin played crappily. In fact, JLin was better than Harden in the first half, because Courtney Lee got Harden, forces him to right and had a super tight defense on him. Then, while Harden couldn't get hot, and then that Seldinger dude and other big guys of the Celtics keep getting offensive rebounds.

And for xxxx's sake, it was a team loss. Did you see how lazy Delfino was when his dribble was poked by a Celtics defender, and he just waited for the ball to go out of bounds instead of chasing it, "Oops I lost the ball, but it's gonna be fine...:confused:" while the Celtics team CHASED THE BALL, got it back right at the boundary and got an easy lay up.

AND SERIOUSLY? James Harden was so well defended and never got hot and got 6TO, and then the whole team never got into a good rhythm, and all of you guys just want to talk about JLin vs TD???? this game was not lost because of JLin, it wasn't lost because of TD, it was lost because as a team we were not executing as well as the other team.

And how many more assists would JLin or Harden have in general when Asik can xxxxking pick up the ball, and Patrick Patterson or Marcus Morris can actually be a big 4 and not play as a 3 when they are a 4. And why couldn't Asik just not lose the ball with his butter hands and dunk the thing as a 7 feet guy would normally do?

This rockets team has a very good back court, but you can't rely on a good back court to win games everytime, esp when the bigs can't be relied offensively and cannot run PnR well, and esp in this game, got outrebounded in the first half!!

I have been reading post on this forum a lot and I am so angry about the stupid stuff some people are writing, like discussing JLin vs TD in this game, SERIOUSLY???

17. raskol

Because he's not the starter. And we stuck through some bad stretches with Harden as well. It happens, I get it. I'm just not a TD fan having seen him play for going on 3 years now.

18. muas2010

muas2010 Member

A few things about this game and the whole Lin situation:
    1. 36 minutes is plenty of playing time, it was like the first meeting with Boston, where Lin was pretty much yanked for no reason and left to rot in the 4th.

2. Houston's shots were not falling? What can you do as a facilitator if you pass people the ball but nothing happens?

3. If you look at the minutes in the past few games, Harden and Lin are playing way too many minutes. Injury to either Lin and Harden and Rockets could kiss the season good by...to a high degree.

Let's break the streak tomorrow.

19. Jedster

Jedster Member

:grin:
    Are there any?
    I like Douglas...but I can't be a Douglas ONLY fan. His misfortune is that he competes with my loyalty for Lin. So I'm happy to see him play, but when Lin is put in, I'm not sorry to see him sit.

20. New

I take it as a bad sign when our only solution to prevent Harden forcing the shots is to put Lin back...