1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

ClutchFans Game Thread: Rockets @ Celtics 1/11/2013

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Jan 10, 2013.

1. aesthetics80

aesthetics80 Member

On the flipside if harden had 0 and Lin had 6 this game he'd be getting crapped on, and nobody would care that "we've won games with way higher TOs" as you say.

2. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

17 years without going to the 3rd round of the playoffs is a lot to digest

3. Karolik

Karolik Member

You're usually a good poster but you're showing your bias for Lin (obviously the reason you joined) in this post.

Objectively I saw a guard that created some pressure on the backcourt and a team that went on a huge run with him in the lineup.

4. Houst0ne

Houst0ne Member

sign Josh Smith this offseason

5. Jedster

Jedster Member

If we are being fair, looking at both TD and Lin's stats, they both played well.

The only reason I would keep TD there in the 4th while keeping the run is probably because of momentum, and a bit of superstition (lucky charm...not the CF poster, the actual charm). Cos TD's influence on the run was quite neutral. Would Lin have done better? We don't know cos he wasn't out there, but Lin was playing well up until he was taken out.

It's really hard to blame or credit TD/Lin when our shooters go 9/33 on 3-pts and 12/29 on FTs. Just by going 11/33 on 3's and 20/29 FTs (reasonable stats) and we would have won the game. Yeah, so there's no need for any Lin or TD arguments tonight.

6. jordnnnn

jordnnnn Member

The perks of being an MVP candidate.

7. MT1417

MT1417 Member

Exactly. People need to stop turning this into Lin is our savior crap. He's just not a consistent player yet. He played reasonably well today but he wasn't playing that well to justify playing him even we were going on a run without him in the lineup. It's really not about Douglas but the lineup at the point in time.

In fact, Harden is really the only one that is consistent enough on this team.

8. hocash

hocash Contributing Member

In the regular season, players like a set rotation. If you are constantly changing playing time the players mutinee. This isn't college where the coach is a dictator.
    Come on guys it's two losses. Turn on espn and enjoy watching the lakers lose, again!

9. muas2010

muas2010 Member

And...a middle man like this.:rolleyes:

10. New

He seems to have difficulty concentrating on the game sometimes when playing defense. I saw him played really well defense and then completely forgot his guy and let his guy get the rebound easily. I could be really biased but that's the main issue I have with 2Pat. MM is doing better in this aspect.

11. rocketsmetalspd

That or trade for him before the trading deadline if possible. I hope he is not camping out at the 3 pt line though.

12. peter2012

peter2012 Member

Pure LOH and a troll.

13. Cosmonaut

Cosmonaut Member

Tonight I thought the rockets were playing Boston ball for most of the game. Rockets should of pushed the ball up the floor quicker so that boston couldn't settle into their defense. That Run that got the rockets back within 2 was a point where the rockets were pushing.

At the end of the day though Free Throws killed the teams chance of winning. 12 of 29 is disgraceful. If the rockets make 20 or 21 of those 29 free throws then the Celtics would of been under more pressure during this game. Free throws are also great way to start building momentum, but every time one was missed it just killed any sort of momentum and pressure.

I guess Mchale will do some free throw drills of some sort

14. TheRealist137

TheRealist137 Member

Our threes stopped falling. I was impressed with our defense at least.

15. khfxxx

khfxxx Member

McHale need to realize that the reason why backups are backups is that they will likely be exposed when given heavy minutes.

You can't always depend on the backups in crunch time even though they give you a comeback at times.

16. jocar

jocar Member

Unfortunately TD has proven himself more of a clutch shooter than Lin. Especially at the end of games. We were down by 10 and we needed more points than we did Lin's defense. That's why I think TD stayed in.

17. brick

brick Member

Do you see lin always bump into their bigs when defending a P&R ? Why don't I often see other team's defending guards run into our bigs when our guards running a P&R ? Is it because we only have faked P&R or our guards are so good they don't need any help in driving ?

18. Karolik

Karolik Member

The bulls almost choked away the lead. Thank goodness they didn't.

19. SuperStar

SuperStar Member

Who knows if Lin would of been able to swing the momentum so might as well reward the players that were responsible for the comeback that's how I look at it. Lin played enough minutes in the game so if he was going to make anything happen, he had the chance.

20. SirKen

SirKen Member

I only saw the first half as I was planning to watch a movie with my girlfriend. Did McHale again treat Lin like a simple role player? On a night in which he was playing decent offensively? Even after winning a few games in which he did a great job defensively?

So wait... He has always been good in defense and tonight he was performing in offense as well and we forced Harden's hand? Again? I love Harden and all the other players but shouldn't we utilize all the strength of this team?

I might be wrong since I only looked at the stats and nothing else. Is shuh around? Can torocan, durvasa or someone who knows a bit about basketball make a quick summary of the second half for me?