1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

ClutchFans Game Thread: Rockets @ Hornets 1/9/2013

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Jan 9, 2013.

1. Ynnis888

Ynnis888 Member

Originally Posted by aesthetics80 Patterson 3pt Shot: Missed 11:44
    Patterson Rebound (Off:2 Def:5) 11:21
    Patterson Jump Shot: Missed Block: Smith (3 BLK) 11:11
    Patterson Rebound (Off:2 Def:6) 10:54
    Delfino 3pt Shot: Missed 10:32
    Parsons Turnover : Traveling (4 TO) 10:06
    Parsons 3pt Shot: Missed 09:36
    Lin Layup Shot: Missed Block: Rivers (1 BLK) 09:06
    Harden Turnover : Lost Ball (6 TO) Steal:Rivers (1 ST) 08:30
    Patterson Foul: Personal (3 PF)
    Lin Jump Shot: Missed Block: Mason Jr. (1 BLK) 07:16
    Douglas Foul: Shooting (1 PF) (2 FTA) 06:58
    Lin 3pt Shot: Missed 06:46
    Delfino 3pt Shot: Missed 06:19
    Harden Jump Shot: Missed 05:59
    Harden Driving Layup Shot: Missed 05:18
    Parsons 3pt Shot: Missed 04:36
    Harden Layup Shot: Missed 04:01
    Patterson Rebound (Off:3 Def:7) 04:00
    Patterson Putback Layup Shot: Made (6 PTS) 04:00
    Delfino 3pt Shot: Missed 03:29
    Harden Turnover : Lost Ball (7 TO) Steal:Mason Jr. (1 ST)

2. muas2010

muas2010 Member

Some good news, Denver is trailing Orlando and either Memphis or GS is going to lose. Rockets still sitting at slot #6. The other bottom teams are being pushed further down.

3. CheukLau

CheukLau Member

Lin didn't shoot the ball while he was open... He needed to shoot the ball...

4. Viola

Viola Member

^^^ recalled

5. Lucky Charm

Lucky Charm Member

Congrats to the Rockets for keeping it as close as they could while playing 8vs5 :(
    Not even sure how I still managed to stomach watching the second half after the horrendously officiated first.

Garbage reffing aside, this was obviously an ugly game. I don't think I've seen the Rockets miss this many layups before :(, went completely ice cold in the 4th and of course the turnovers. I'm gonna cut Jeremy and James some slack on some of their TOs because half were from BULLCRAP calls and Jeremy got 5 steals.
    Still, not sure what's been up with Jeremy the last couple of games, he's been forcing so many passes. Now, I know he might want to get ~Assist of the night~ but close games are not the time Lin :mad:. Im talking about that one fastbreak pass he tried and failed to thread the needle with a bounce pass. And sometimes, he really needs to be "selfish" and get his own shot when it's easier than passing it. I think that happened twice where he was right there at the rim and decided to pass instead which resulted in TOs :mad:
    Another invisible night for Omer. He couldn't stay on Sideshow Bob.

Whatever, at least James' 20+ streak is alive and well :p

6. CheukLau

CheukLau Member

He didn't even attack the basket. god! it wasn't good at all.

7. split41

split41 Member

Hey guys, I missed the fourth Q, but before I left we were up and things were looking ok.

Can anyone give me a short summary of what went wrong with the rox tonight. In the box score I saw that Lin was -18 and Parsons and Delfino were -14, while most others were +'s - what happened?

I can't be hassled sifting through pages and pages of this thread to find any answer.

8. DOLPHIN2k2

DOLPHIN2k2 Member

Notice that when the other side packs the paint and our 3 pts are not falling, the scoring turns ugly. I understand the theory of shooting at the basket or 3 pt being more efficient, but at some point, the players need to make an adjustment to what the defense are giving them. Maybe some 15 footer is not such a bad idea to loosen the painted area. This should help with the rebound too.

We need another strategy when 3 pt aren't falling and the other side is packing the paint.

9. Viola

Viola Member

GREAT! :grin:

10. iJHolmes

iJHolmes Member

You LOFs give him the credit every time we win anyway. Look at the houston rockets facebook page when they post about a win. Good win lin and the rockets woo and Lin for the win. so why can't he take some heat when we lose especially with as bad as a performance as tonight?

now obviously thats not logical, im just going off how yall are making it seem.

its a team game guys. if Lin wasn't on such a high pedistol he wouldn't get criticism. Imagine if harden started putting up lin numbers. there would be some pretty upset and mad fans.

1 person likes this.
  11. Grigori

Grigori Member

And add to that even when the NOH missed the HOU small ball lineup couldn't secure a ******* rebound. I have no idea why any sane coach would willingly play small ball in the NBA. It's just dumb. I guess they just want to be different and look brilliant. Sometimes you get so much talent and you win despite it for a while, then reality invariably sinks in.

12. kuku

kuku Contributing Member

Was it my imagination when Lin was on a 2-on-1 fastbreak when he threw away the ball behind Harden when Hornets had the momentum and the lead??

13. kianainhi

kianainhi Member

Thank you. Also, where was our defense?

14. jocar

jocar Member

Shows how much our half court game sucks. They looked too tired to keep up the usual run and gun, and had to bust out the 2 or 3 page half court playbook. That's what will probably happen if we go deep into the playoffs. We can't depend solely on making outside shots. Needs a bit of diversity and motion.

15. Hail to the V

Hail to the V Member

Now this is actually relevant news. Thanks.

16. CheukLau

CheukLau Member

I will blame the lost to both harden and lin. they didn't play well.

17. Jedster

Jedster Member

I agree with you. But then if you were here reading the forums, on that charging call that should've been an and-1 for Lin, some one here was yelling at Lin for not passing it to Asik instead.

It's too funny.

18. Cautiously_Op

Cautiously_Op Member

Actually this is inaccurate. Lin's 5th TO came midway in the 3rd. At that point there was still a whole quarter and a half left to play. That is alot of time, and the team was not being blown out at that point. He did not make another TO after that. The downfall was a whole team's poor play. There were plenty of mistakes made by other players.

19. torocan

torocan Member

The team entered the 4th with a 10 point lead. Lin didn't have any TO's in the 4th.

The Team had 3 x TO's in the 4th.

8:30 : James Harden turn over (Austin Rivers steals)
    2:58 : James Harden turn over (Roger Mason steals)
    1:28 : Carlos Delfino turn over (Greivis Vasquez steals)

AND Lin only took 2 shots in the 4th (1/2), one of which was blocked. The misses were pretty much everyone else, with a LOT of wide open looks and some missed lay ups, as well as some blocked shots.

Lots of selective memories flying around.

1 person likes this.
  20. Viola

Viola Member

We lost this one due to our horrible defense(out-rebounded, poor pnr defense, etc) and terrible transition plays.

And...this line-up doesn't work AT ALL:

TD(-5) - Lin(-18) - Delfino(-14) - Parsons(-14) - PATTERSON(-13)

:eek: