1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

ClutchFans Game Thread: Rockets @ Hornets 1/9/2013

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Jan 9, 2013.

1. Type Raba

Type Raba Member

small ball did us in tonight. on the one post play by asik he scored nicely. smith hasnt been used in a post situation for a long, long time now. even pnr is useless now cuz the roll man hardly gets a touch...

2. stjoesephsborn

The refs had a lot to do with the outcome tonight. Rockets average about 26 FTA a game. Tonight, the refs weren't calling anything at all inside, so they had only 13 FTA tonight. Like many posters have stated before, the team looks for 3 pointers, shots at the rim and free throws, so when one of those options is essentially taken away from you, you're losing 1/3 of your offensive gameplan.

3. FacePalmMaster

We're beaten in assists 15 to their 26. There was little ball movement and guys couldn't finish. Then we got sloppy and turned it over 22 to their 16. All this indicates one thing....fatigue. We're simply tired.

4. gnozahs

gnozahs Member

Holy crap. I just finally figured out what GARM means.

5. tehG l i d e

tehG l i d e Member

Harden was the only Rocket to score in double digits

6. 28sinan

28sinan Member

No Smith in the entire 2nd half....no Asik in the 4th.....are you kiddn me???
    Some coaches doesn't have such bigs and you just don't want them???

7. Alex L.

Alex L. Contributing Member

Almost feel sorry for him... But no :)

8. kent335

kent335 Member

Eh, I'm not mad about the loss. It was on the back end of a back to back on the road. I could see the team ran out of energy in the 4th quarter. There were a lot of open 3s that didn't go in, and I can blame that on fatigue. Harden and Lin did not get a calls that they normally get from the refs.

9. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

I guess but that's no excuse we played one of our worst games.
    Look ahead to the next games against EC teams.

10. aesthetics80

aesthetics80 Member

Mason Jr. = Rockets killer

15 points in the 4th.

Inability to guard him or cool him off was part of the reason we lost this one.

11. bullardfan

bullardfan なんでやねん

we, as a team, got beat. let's just leave it at that. Like Clutch said, let's see how they bounce back or if they bounce back

12. platypus

platypus Member

13. raskol

raskol Contributing Member

What does Vegas know that we don't know? Do they have super statisticians? Wow. It's like they almost knew how this game would be officiated.

14. wanghan2004281

JLin played like crap today. But can somebody tell me why he rarely gets screens on the top of the key? When he sometimes gets a screen, it's always on the right-side wing where Lin has to use his sucky left hand to use the pick. Since it's really hard to go away from the pick (teammates and opposing players clogging the lane down low), he has to drive left and once the opposing player hedge there is no way Lin can turn the corner. Energy wasted. And when Lin guarded Vasquez he needed to go through countless screens. And this is the second game of back to back. Shooters are cold and screens set for them are useless. And if we can get some penetrations shooters can get open without screens anyway. I just don't know why use the hard way?

15. mattrbowers

mattrbowers Member

Lin was looking really young today. Running into the lane out of control, jumping up in the air, spinning mid air, THEN looking for a place to dish. Why? He better learn to cut that $hit out. He was also driving in looking for a call, which I might understand, but he's gotta realize that if the refs are sucking a$$ and not calling it, don't do it!

16. hocash

hocash Contributing Member

Wouldn't shock me to see another bad game from the rockets next time. Seems to happens lots after a winning streak. Your energy level just drops.

17. muas2010

muas2010 Member

After 5 wins...chances are you're going to lose at some point. It was a team loss tonight....and quit blaming it solely on Jeremy. Asik had a quiet but fairly productive night considering he only played 26 minutes. Yes, even Harden contributed to the loss with his game high 7 TOs...it's not Lin who was tossing TOs out the wazzoo....like everyone is thinking.

18. chenglug

chenglug Contributing Member

One freaking subpar game and he is dleaguer again, LOH in full force tonight, here comes ignore list

Refs lost the game for us if anything

19. durvasa

durvasa Contributing Member

Back-to-back and we're on the road while the Hornets are well rested and have Eric Gordan back. The line being +3 in our favor sounds right to me.

20. glacier921

glacier921 Rookie

What does it mean?