1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

ClutchFans Game Thread: Rockets @ Hornets 1/9/2013

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Jan 9, 2013.

1. New

Houston usually suffers when the refs are not calling fouls on lay-ups for either team. We are a team without mid-range jumper. This benefits NOH tremendously. But that's the kind of game that can happen in the play-offs. My only question is why Rockets is playing small when the refs clearly do not call the fouls on lay-ups.

2. Gertso

Gertso Member

It's alright. I feel confident they will grab the next few. Clippers game sounds scary...but fun.

3. janpwnz

janpwnz Member

I am so mad at jeremy lin right now because he actually shy away from two open shots in the 4th quarter with 5 minutes left. You are open! shoot the ball! It's gonna hit the rim and better than add another TO on your resume.

4. Rokman

Rokman Member

Lin was absolutely, positively, 100% SUCK this game! What is wrong with him??

5. rokit

rokit Member

why is lin such an escape goat?

6. mike_lu

mike_lu Member

True! I think we really need to squeeze some time in the game to give a few minutes here and there to DMo and/or Anderson. Got to get the bench 10 deep for back-to-backs.

7. JeffB

JeffB Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Hornets suck so badly that the refs couldn't even finesse the 5-on-8. Just blatant. For every Rocket run, the refs had an answer.

Still, young team needs to learn how to play in this situation. Cold from deep, getting hammered, and no calls. Setup up the passing, run, and work the mid range.

8. durvasa

durvasa Contributing Member

Lin's the PG and he was our primary playmaker throughout the game, and our offense sucked. Why shouldn't he get more of the blame?

9. ThatBoyNick

ThatBoyNick Member

Game sucked, though for sure going in the 4th that we had it, blown a 10 pt lead, basically lost by 10, a 20+ quarter for hornets, and neither or gordon or anderson was hitting a damn thing. Beat the lakers with kobe and nash right? lose against hornets without there 2 best scores scoring. dead.

10. Rockie_rocker

Rockie_rocker Member

everybody sucks except harde.and lin sucks more

11. Ming The King

Ming The King Member

f***** game

the players were tired
    terrible fly
    terrible 4 quarter

we lost

Forget this f****ing game
    and move on

12. hocash

hocash Contributing Member

Lin had a bad game. Won't be the last. Still love him on the team. Huge upgrade over Lowry or Dragic.
    A bad loss isn't the end of the world.

13. tkf

tkf Member

tough loss, way too many turnovers.. not a good game for lin, delfino was also cold...
    I think mchale needs to expand rotation a bit on these back to back games.. the rockets are a running and scoring team, guys look winded and made roger mason look like reggie miller... jeez..

get some rest rockets and start another streak...

14. trock

trock Member

Look Lin people, I can very well see that there are people here who are clear trolls. They make themselves very obvious. But the fact of the matter is Lin is deserving of the criticism on a night like this. And yes, his struggles get more attention than Harden's (though I HATE Harden's lack of effort on defense). The reason is because out of everyone out there, Lin is expected to be a game changer when others are struggling. As a primary ball handler, he has to step up and be a factor in the game; not just another guy out there 'contributing' to the win. I'm rooting for him, but he's making me lose confidence in him with games like this.

15. REEKO_HTOWN

REEKO_HTOWN I'm Rich Biiiiaaatch!

Funny how that kind of stuff works.

16. BEAT LA

BEAT LA Member

I can't stand losing to a crappy ass team like the Hornets that has no playoff ambitions. They are 9 and 25. I wish we beat them at their own game last season and lost on purpose so everyone could laugh harder when the 9th pick in the draft and a team that just got sold by the NBA gets the #1 pick Mr. Unibrow.

17. jocar

jocar Member

Congrats Beard!!!
    passed Moses, woooo!

18. Roxs

Roxs Member

Game Scores

James Harden, SG: 9.3
    Omer Asik, C: 8.2
    Toney Douglas, PG: 4.9
    Jeremy Lin, PG: 4.4
    Patrick Patterson, PF: 4.2
    Marcus Morris, PF: 0.8
    Chandler Parsons, SF: -0.6
    Carlos Delfino, SF: -0.8
    Greg Smith, PF: -1.1

Roger Mason Jr., SG: 17.1
    Jason Smith, PF: 16.9
    Greivis Vasquez, PG: 16.1
    Robin Lopez, C: 11.4
    Anthony Davis, PF: 9.7
    Lance Thomas, SF: 4.4
    Al-Farouq Aminu, SF: 3.4
    Brian Roberts, PG: 3
    Austin Rivers, SG: -5.2
    Ryan Anderson, PF: -5.8
    Eric Gordon, SG: -6.7

19. cyclorider

cyclorider Member

Lin has the worst +/- of any player on either team.

20. equinoxin

equinoxin Member

ditto, good effort, the threes weren't falling and noh protected the paint too well.