1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Hang Up and Listen] Royce White Interview on Slate

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Arthurprescott2, Jan 8, 2013.

1. Arthurprescott2

2. Outlier

Outlier Member

Transcript, anyone?

3. kastuul

kastuul Member

He should bring up the protocol talks before he entered into the NBA.

He played the summer league and pre-season, so his health issues is not convincing.

4. SamFisher

SamFisher Contributing Member

#don't care

5. IzakDavid13

IzakDavid13 Contributing Member

All signs point to him not being back this season, next season he will be a 'rookie' and assigned to the D-League again...if he doesn't follow instructions he will be suspended without pay, again.

If Daryl Morey needs the roster spot, he either comes to a buyout agreement of voids the contract due to breach of contract or non-disclosure...either way Rockets win.

In saying that, I do hope Royce recovers from his issues and gets his life in order. I would love to see him on the court, eventually...I just don't think that it will be in Houston

6. Mr. Clutch

Mr. Clutch Contributing Member

Is it #safe for him to do all these interviews? #seekingtruth

2 people like this.
  7. LonghornFan

LonghornFan Contributing Member

8. meh

meh Contributing Member

Before signing his guaranteed rookie contract? "I'll do anything you need me to."
    After signing his guaranteed rookie contract? "Yeah, you're gonna have to break the CBA for me, this isn't cutting it."

Seems like he just wanted to con his way into a guaranteed deal. Otherwise, why go through the process of a draft if you know it can't work out?

9. Mr. Clutch

#plottwist

10. dobro1229

dobro1229 Contributing Member

Wow... Ok, Im going to rant here a little bit. Just warning you.

PTSD from watching his friend collapse from running sprints.... really, Royce... Tell that to my brother in law who just got back from Afghanistan, and let him tell you about a "traumatic experience."

If he really did have an abusive childhood then thats one thing(also that's none of our business. Thats a family issue, and if I was his mother I would be very upset that he was airing dirty laundry to NBA fans), but look... this kind of stuff happens to everyone daily, and at some point you can't keep hiding behind your anxiety as an excuse to never deal with ANYTHING.

-Anyone on here ever played high school football and been through Two-A-Days? How many teamates did you see collapse from exhaustion? I can remember several just off the top of my head. How many people have had a friend die in a car accident? I can think of a few off the top of my head.

This guy does have one major issue... that is being addicted to his mental illnesses. This is clearly just attention seeking behavior at its finest.

Yes, he probably has GAD that might have been diagnosed at one point in time, but holy crap is he going to the extreme here. Its amazing that people in the media are still paying attention to this guy.

My advice to them, myself, and the fans out there is to just STOP. Stop giving this guy attention, and people need to stop treating him as if he's the second coming of Gandhi... who he LOVES to quote daily to prove to everyone that he's some enlighted human being.

By all accounts EVERYONE on here must have mental illnesses galore, and needs accommodations from our employers. I do believe that mental health is a HUGE issue in this country and needs to be more open to discussion and proper treatment, but at some point humans have to live their lives and not expect handouts in life because they are unique or special. We ALL are unique and special, and everyone suffers. Royce is nothing different than the rest of us. He needs treatment allright, but he also needs to learn how to take accountability and responsibility for himself at the same time.

#10 dobro1229, Jan 8, 2013
    Last edited: Jan 8, 2013
    2 people like this.
  11. Mr. Clutch

I see Royce having a career in #realityTV.

#SMH

12. tim562

tim562 Contributing Member

Well said...

13. Willis25

Willis25 Contributing Member

#SuraFaints

14. Amel

Amel Contributing Member

Still no details of what he's demanding...

blah blah blah #BeWell

15. peleincubus

peleincubus Member

thats what i dont understand. does he want people to lead him places blindfolded? maybe express what you want royce and if the rockets are refusing those said things maybe we could all understand.

because right now i feel like im trying to win an argument with a crazy girlfriend. and its going nowhere.

16. Haymitch

Haymitch Custom Title
    Supporting Member

Royce White said he was a Truth Applier.

How can you not want to punch him in the mouth for saying something so stupid?

17. arjun

arjun Member

**** this guy

i dont give two ****s about him to even listen to this interview.

hope he ends up out of the nba and broke

18. Geaux Rockets

Geaux Rockets Member

He's actually very clear with what he's demanding. It's the very general idea of him not wanting the Rockets management to have the right to overrule his/their doctors on anything. It's not really an irrational request. He's being over-dramatic about it and it's probably not that necessary because I don't think the Rockets organization would ignore doctors' advice, but it's not ridiculous to think that medical professionals should have the final say on medical decisions. It sounds like that's all he wants, and he wants that in writing.

19. Pukimonster

Pukimonster Member

My girlfriend's brother has anxiety and the guy can't go too far away from home or to extremely loud places (clubs, etc) for fear of anxiety triggers. If he gets triggered, he can't breathe, heart starts racing, etc, his physiology is affected to the point he's gotta stop whatever he's doing and recover. It's like a mental asthma attack. This is different from you and me. I can go and do whatever I want and nothing is gonna paralyze me.

As annoying as Royce is spamming Twitter and demanding protocols when he's a rook with zero leverage, he's right to be doing it. All it would take is one anxiety attack caught on tape at an airport, and the Rockets/NBA would look pretty stupid.

20. Arthurprescott2

I would think the hang-up would be on what is categorized as a "medical decision."

If his personal doctor says going to the D-League would be detrimental to Royce, is sending him to RGV a medical decision? In Royce's mind, yes. Right now Morey has final say on whether Royce would be required to go. Royce wants that decision-making power in his doctors hands. That is not a rational request.