1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

James Harden sighting (friend's perspective)

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by jfbradley1985, Jan 6, 2013.

1. GIGO

GIGO Member

Sorry to hear that, milkoholic17. But I still like how these articles portray him.
    Thanks, steady. It's a great article about him, particularly
    Here is a quote from another article.
    This consistency of paradox is what's special and wonderful about him. I think his blunt attitude may have something to do with his shyness and tendency to efficiency and individuality in life. :)

2. ThisIsOurCity

ThisIsOurCity Member

He just wants a slice of cheesecake, leave the man alone to eat it in peace.

3. conquistador#11

if she had been packing more junk in the trunk and i'm talking about the waitress, harden would not have been a douche. her fault, no offense to your friend though.

=)

4. PhiSlammaJamma

There's really nothing I can see that he did wrong in the post. He thought service was slow. Not really that big of a deal. Heard that before from perfectly normal people. Sometimes it is slow. I would think cheescake factory is very active. It is here is DC. Jordan loved the Cheesecake factory in Chevy Chase here. But busy. Then Harden wanted some photograph protection. This would be standard operating procedure for someone like Harden in my opinion. Dark restauraunt and flashes would become bothersome to all patrons after a while. I read it. I don't see where he was a dick. Now if you want evidence of being a dick look up superman being a dick. That is some funny stuff.

1 person likes this.
  5. J Sizzle

J Sizzle Member

Well if YOUR FRIEND from the CHEESECAKE FACTORY said it....

6. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

players and people have moods... maybe was just not his day

7. rockettes

rockettes Rookie

what would royce white do?
    haha

8. jae713

jae713 Member

Who cares. Not every player can be nice. I would bet that most athletes aren't nice. Put yourself in their shoes. Personally I would absolutely hate being followed and recognized anywhere I went. Thank god I'm talentless. I couldn't handle it.

9. RoxBeliever

RoxBeliever Member

Harden is the whole package. The mercurial personality must come with the work ethic and the desire to be a superstar.

Even Feigen noticed that Harden could be blunt with the media, right? Early in the season when we lost some games, Harden would give very short answers. One time on a day off before our Lakers game, he was asked for an interview. His response: "It's my day off. I don't want to answer any questions."

On-court though, he doesn't lose his cool or poise. As long as he doesn't defy the coaches or management or pick fights with his teammates, he's okay.

10. YallMean

YallMean Member

Music to my ears. Mean. He is a winner. You can kinda see it in his face , his persona in the game. I like a player of his caliber to be like that.

11. Jack0153

Jack0153 Member

Charles says it best.
    [​IMG]

I'm not a role model. I'm paid to make Havoc on the court."

12. liunatic

liunatic Member

People quoting stuff about how people were in highschool has no bearing on how they are now. Jeremy Lin was similar in Highschool. There is an article floating around here where he thought he was above it all in highschool, etc etc etc, until he had a bad injury which made him start reconsidering how things could change in an instant.

High school for Harden is already more than half a decade ago. People change A LOT during that time in their lives.

1 person likes this.
  13. sabesque

sabesque Member

I heard he's a good tipper.

14. Jack0153

Jack0153 Member

Especially how they say it was during HIGHSCHOOL YEARS. People mature....

1 person likes this.
  15. pho

pho Member

This is such a dumb thread. No one should take anything out of this thread. Something like this is worse than a rumor because it's almost entirely subjective.

A person's perspective on others tells more about the person making judgments. If you don't actually get to know someone, don't judge them based on first appearances or what you think they are like.

1 person likes this.
  16. lfw

lfw Rookie

If your friend look like Jenna Shea, Harden might of made it rain instead of complaining about the service.

17. FacePalmMaster

There's no need to diss the waitress, it's hard to confirm anything. If the OP's friend's account is accurate/true then that sucks. Hopefully it is just his bad day, we all have such days and we can be monsters sometimes. Hopefully Harden ain't like that, he seem pretty chill in interviews and all.

18. TheFreak

TheFreak Contributing Member

It's not the waiter's job to give 'photograph protection'. If you want that, then don't go out in public. Hopefully he'll learn that as he matures. I feel sorry for the waiter.

19. liunatic

liunatic Member

Yea it's not. That's why he asked the Manager.

Customer serviceeeeeeeeeeeee

20. VanityHalfBlack

CHEESECAKE FACTORY, YOU SEE THE PROBLEM HERE???? F YOUR CHEESECAKE!!!!