1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

ClutchFans Game Thread: Rockets @ Cavaliers 1/5/2013

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Jan 5, 2013.

1. MOFvsLOF

MOFvsLOF Member

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/BGywF2M5908" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

2. Jedster

Jedster Member

From the comments on this thread, I would say most people think he didn't flop after watching the video.

Anyway, not trying to flame you. But the hit was not on his chest, but on his face and nose specifically. Maybe your nose is pretty steely, but if I get knocked on the nose by someone's head, I know it hurts.

3. Star

Star Member

If you have not seen this:

[​IMG]

Lin reacted to the head butt by Irvin, and then get pushed.

And let's stop discussed about the 'flop'. There was no flop and so please just talk about the great win.

4. mfastx

mfastx Member
    Supporting Member

That's exactly right, you know why? Most people talking about that flop are huge fans of Lin. Most unbiased people would agree that it was a flop, but this game thread does not have an abundance of unbiased people.

I don't disagree that it hurt, getting hit on the face is serious in a basketball game. I've been hit in the face many times in my playing days. But I never flopped back like that.

Like I said earlier, contact like happens on a lot of drives to the basket, and if Irving pulled that kind of flop against Lin, the LOF's in this thread would b****.

5. AlbanyFan

AlbanyFan Member

So let it be final: Lin DID NOT FLOP! A TRUE FLOP is total BS. It's cheating. Lin legitimately was hit right on the face with Kyries HARD mask, PLUS Kyrie pushed off. The push-off is why the foul was called. Lin sprang back because of the face-hit. If Lin wasn't hit in the face, he wouldn't have swung backwards. He did the same backwards motion against the Bucks, and NO ONE will argue that was a flop! (Five stitches!). Kyrie received some total bs calls against Lin's defense, so this was a justifiable call no matter what one thinks of Lin's motion backwards. But again, for the record, Lin's motion backwards, based on the face hit and push-off is not what is considered a cheating flop.

6. mfastx

mfastx Member
    Supporting Member

I saw the game live on League Pass. I watched the replay multiple times. It was a flop. There was not enough contact for him to fall back like that, I play basketball, I know what it takes to fall back like that, it's a heck of a lot more than that. You can even see the delayed reaction by Lin.

Now, I don't care really, as long as the Rockets win. I'm not opposed to Lin flopping late in the game to get a clutch call, because I'm a Rockets fan. And there are other players on the Rockets who flop. I'm just annoyed that so many LOF are trying to "prove" it wasn't a flop by showing marginal contact by Irving. Just get over it, Lin flopped. Big effin' deal.

I'd love to talk about the win, and I have if you read my OP in this thread a few pages back.

7. mfastx

mfastx Member
    Supporting Member

A flop is an unrealistic embellishment of contact, which that play was. If it wasn't a flop, then people would be flailing backwards on every drive, because that kind of contact is very common.

The play against the Bucks was different, Lin didn't see the guy coming, it was a totally different and more serious play.

8. just a word

just a word Member

thank you again shuh!

9. SuperStar

SuperStar Member

Can't really tell on that small gif honestly but from watching it live it looked like Lin exaggerated the hit. Maybe he was frustrated that Kyrie was getting the calls on him throughout the game so he added something extra?

10. Jedster

Jedster Member

There is that chance that neither you nor the person who hit you on the face were going as fast as the two of them were. E= MC2 kinda thing.

But whatever man...you can call it a flop if you want to. I won't and it shouldn't matter to you either.

11. nono

nono Member

Give it a break.

12. iJHolmes

iJHolmes Member

This! maybe i understand more that its a flop because ive been in similar situations when playing basketball myself. This was without a doubt a flop. It's bluntly obvious. Maybe some dont quite understand what a flop is.

13. AlbanyFan

AlbanyFan Member

What you're forgetting is normally players DON'T HAVE HARD MASKS ON TO USE AS A HEAD-BUTTING WEAPON! It didn't hurt Kyrie, just Lin. If Kyrie didn't have the mask on, he would have been down too.

14. New

You are really good at supporting your own statement by saying others are biased or LOF. Nice job. Wish you had a mirror.

15. Alex L.

Alex L. Contributing Member

I can't speak for everyone else. My opinion is that Lin's reaction, whatever you call it, is not something that warrants a warning from the league.

16. mfastx

mfastx Member
    Supporting Member

Lol, whatever you say man. That contact happens a lot, it's hard to believe that Irving used that much force to throw him back. Lin is not that weak of a human being, lol.

Well I got myself in this mess by giving an objective comment so I'm sticking with it. I will calmly respond to everyone's posts, perhaps you should tell others to give it a break.

Whoa there, no need to yell man! That's debatable, Irving had contact with other players like that throughout the game and they didn't flail back like that.

17. AlbanyFan

AlbanyFan Member

If you want to argue Lin exaggerated the fall backwards, then you have to argue the head-butt pain would have been worse than normal because of the mask. The mask allowed Kyrie to keep going, otherwise he too would have been slowed down, so it gave him an unfair advantage. There is no argument- the mask hit Lin smack in the face. If it was an equal headbutt, and only one player went backwards, then one can say it was a flop, but Kyrie was unfairly protected, so of course he isn't moving backwards.

18. mfastx

mfastx Member
    Supporting Member

Agreed. While it was a flop, the league is only punishing the most egregious flops, and I don't think Lin's flop fits that category. There was still contact on the play, the league specified that they won't fine flops where there was a foul initially.

19. Nook

Nook Member

I don't care if Lin exaggerated.... Overall he had a very good game taking advantage of the piss poor defense Kyrie Irving plays. Lin more than held his own and the Rockets won... End of discussion.

20. jeddah

jeddah Member

So u can say that 600k that voted for Lin are delusionals too? We all have different perceptions of what an All-Star is that's why NBA made it like that so that casual fans can vote and they can test the market..

For some of you an All Star means great Numbers/Scores...but there are some who sees an All Star by how he plays the game..his impact on his team and how he embodies what an Athlete should be...not all players that can score bunches are great players..any NBA player can pad his stats if only given a chance coz I believe you won't be there if ur not that talented...

Lin might not be qualified in the eyes of others but 600k people who votes for him think otherwise..