1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

3rd All-Star Returns

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by J.R., Jan 3, 2013.

1. TheMystery008

TheMystery008 Member

I follow the Rockets because of one player?

You sir is hilarious.

I've been a Rockets fan since I was twelve.

So I don't know what you are smoking.

2. muas2010

muas2010 Member

Man people don't really understand what the allstars game is about. If he gets voted in he sure hell deserves it! If you want it based on performance then just use advanced stats to put players in...and you know what this means...less well known players= less money for the NBA. This game is no more than a marketing tool!

3. SuperBeeKay

SuperBeeKay Member

so youre 12 yrs old? lol

4. dragonz

dragonz Member

lol, what are you? Tea partier?

5. TheMystery008

TheMystery008 Member

So you don't know your English?

I did say "WAS" right?

Did you take too much shrooms?

6. tellitlikeitis

tellitlikeitis Canceled
    Supporting Member

The All-Star Game was once a gathering of the BEST players...

7. SuperBeeKay

SuperBeeKay Member

dang can't even joke anymore

Never seen somebody get so mad that I would still rather see cp3 in allstar over Lin lol

8. tellitlikeitis

tellitlikeitis Canceled
    Supporting Member

If Lin doesn't make the All-Star team, it's not going to be the end of humanity as we know it....

9. Rox>Mavs

Rox>Mavs Member

maybe we should just create a poll:

a) All star game should be for the best NBA performing players for each position
    b) All star game should be for the most popular/liked players for each position

seems the reason for the differences with whether Lin should be in or not comes down to what people think the All Star game should be about.

10. CheukLau

CheukLau Member

It is hard to say who are the top players for each position.

11. redearth

redearth Member

My NBA history is not that good, but does anyone know if there was any controversy in the 1950s or 1960s over black players who clearly deserved to be an all-star but were shut out for racial reasons?

12. Jedster

Jedster Member

Well it would be helpful to adapt and get with what's going on today. It's not like you can singlehandedly change the path of NBA and get them back to the short shorts, and 99% white players era either. So might as well accept that the world is becoming more connected and the NBA is a global business keen on involving their fans.

13. apollo33

apollo33 Member

why do we need to adapt to anything

the all star game is meant to be the gathering of the best players from the first half of the season, just because it has become a popularity fan boys circus doesn't mean we need to adapt or even accept it.

14. tellitlikeitis

tellitlikeitis Canceled
    Supporting Member

This is certainly news to me...

and I'm not even white, so..... what's with the patronizing?

15. TheMystery008

TheMystery008 Member

That's why it is left to the fans on how they vote.

Popularity VS. Performance

At the end of the day, majority vote wins.

16. Jedster

Jedster Member

Sorry for being snarky. The short shorts and 99% white was just a way to point out that the past is the past, and to deal with what's going on today. Not saying you're a particular ethnic group.

I mean sure, you can reminisce about how it used to be, but that sounds like grandfathers saying...back in our day...etc.

The post before yours about not accepting or adapting...well, then I guess there's no stopping you if you want to rant and rail helplessly against the NBA machine for letting fans vote.

17. SuperStar

SuperStar Member

Hmm ten days left and it looks like Lin isn't gaining much ground on CP3 so most likely he won't be in anyways. No point in arguing :D

18. JJ23

JJ23 Rookie

If a 1000 ppl vote 5 times a day for Lin for 10 days or so Lin will surpass CP3 ROFL....Get it done just to piss CF haters off. Since Lin has fans all over the world this should be a piece of cake. On a serious note, there are about 5 other players who don't "deserve" to be there this year and many more who are more deserving...not need to single out Lin.

19. Rox>Mavs

Rox>Mavs Member

You know what makes this confusing is the purpose is unclear. NBA, NFL, MLB....all have these games and the assumption I thought was to see the best of the best play against the best to see who was the best. But in reality no player takes these games seriously anyway....it's all for show. There no defense and its all an offensive display with flash. Players don't really play.... And the league wants the flash for marketing. So is this about the best playing against the best or is this really about a marketing machine to generate fan interest. I'd like it to be about the former but I'm thinking its become more about the latter.

20. langal

langal Member

As a Rockets fan I am personally and deeply offended that Lin got more votes than Westbrook.

I sincerely hope they waive him just to maintain the integrity of that exhibition game. It is always a very important game. You can just tell by the defensive intensity.