1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Patrick Beverley, Eurocup MVP to join our Rockets

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by _RTM_, Dec 23, 2012.

1. rocketsfan4

rocketsfan4 Member

I think you mean Anglocize. Lin is American.

2. BigMaloe

BigMaloe Contributing Member

Its not jus 3mill in lux taxs... chicago is over lux tax even without rips contract... his 5mill a yr costs them 10mill in taxes... and his contract is for two more years... bimathug(who by all accounts is much smarter than the majority of us) said hed be downright shocked if rip wasnt packaged with a pick and dealt to a team under the cap that can absorb his contract...

3. hooroo

hooroo Member

It's a Vipers signing.

4. DrNuegebauer

DrNuegebauer Member

Exactly.

So now he just has to pass his physical, and then we'll cut someone and bring him in.

Expect to see the Machado cut news in the next few days.

5. ERC

ERC Member

I was referring to Lin's ethnic heritage, not his nationality. I just find it mind-boggling why some folks would insist on spelling his name as 'Linn' or 'Lynn'. What do they get out of adding that extra 'n'? :confused::confused:

6. rocketsfan4

rocketsfan4 Member

I know. But when you refer to ethnic origin, you should refer to Asian or Anglo or Caucasian, etc., as opposed to American. Do you get the difference and why this distinction is important?

I think OP just misspelled Lin's name, no big deal. At first when I saw your post I thought you were just making a joke, but I still thought I should correct you.

7. GoRockets!

GoRockets! Member

Why are you so sensitive to people's misspelling names? Not every one knows exactly how Asians spell their names. I often misspell French names if they are similar to English pronunciations, but that doesn't mean I want to Americanize them, I simply don't remember the exact French spelling. It happens to people all the time when they just spell the way of their mother tongue language. I'm sure Asians unintentionally misspell American names all the time. :p

8. ERC

ERC Member

I would've given OP the benefit of doubt had it not happened 3 times in one relatively short post. i chose 'Americanize' deliberately because that seemed like the intention behind the deliberate spelling.

BTW, it's Anglicize, not Anglocize. ;)

9. Alex L.

Alex L. Contributing Member

How difficult it is to spell LIN? It's just 3 letters, L-I-N, and it's spelled just like it sounds. Not to mention that his name is all over the place in this forum.

10. ERC

ERC Member

Hard to miss the spelling when it's on the back of his jersey, wouldn't you say? Not to mention it's only 3-letter long.

Sure, everyone has made the error typo/mis-spelling (and I'm a notorious offender). I just think fans could/should respect the players on the team they root for. I mean, I've seen fans get chided on this site when they mis-spelled Lowry as 'Lowrey'.

11. ERC

ERC Member

My point exactly. Thank you!

12. Carl Herrera

Carl Herrera Contributing Member

So, why do all these African American players Americanize their names?

13. GoRockets!

GoRockets! Member

Not everyone is huge Lin fan and follow him all the time or everyone is very careful about their spelling. People are simply different. Some people are simply sloppy in some aspect of life. Some people makes the same mistakes again and again no matter how many times they are reminded. I missspell Lowry all the time, and still do sometimes. I even misspell Barak Obama all the time. Not because I don't respect them enough. You can call me lazy, you can call me sloppy, that's just me. I hope one day I'm like you that pay extra attention when I type. :p

14. cyclorider

cyclorider Member

The Lakers won multiple championships with Derek Fisher at PG and Miami won a championship with Mario Chalmers at PG.

With a ball dominant SG like James Harden who distributes and is 4th in the league in scoring ahead of Lebron who's 5th, a PG like TD can work.

It's a mute point, though. Jeremy Lin isn't going anywhere.

I'm liking the 6'4" Jeremy Lin, 6'5" James Harden starting backcourt with a second unit of 6'2" Toney Douglas and 6'1" Patrick Beverley. Rockets have plenty of speed, shooting, distribution and defense. I hope Morey views it this way.

15. ERC

ERC Member

LOL - you're doing just fine. :)

90 minutes to tip off. Let's all get ready to root for our Rockets! :grin:

16. VooDooPope

VooDooPope Love > Hate
    Supporting Member

Wow. Really. I got called out for adding an extra N to his name accidentally?

What has this forum come to?

17. roxxy

roxxy Member

Wait so James Harden would be LBJ? LULZ!!!

18. SuperVon

SuperVon Contributing Member

IIRC, Lin was benched in the 4th because the coaches beleived Toney Douglas better suited the smaller quicker Nate matchup. Any bulls followers? Just wondering in the midst of the trading Nate rumours, is he still starting or is Hinrich?

19. peter2012

peter2012 Member

I guess everybody are bored and waitting for the tipoff.

20. muas2010

muas2010 Member

You bet....mj and Kobe will bower to him!:grin: