1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2. LIVE WATCH EVENT
    The NBA Draft is here! Come join Clutch in the ClutchFans Room Wednesday night at 6:30pm CT as we host the live online NBA Draft Watch Party. Who will the Rockets select at #3?

NBA Draft - LIVE!

ClutchFans Game Thread: Rockets @ Bulls 12/25/2012

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Dec 24, 2012.

1. DonkeyMagic

DonkeyMagic Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Screw this guy

http://www.sbnation.com/nba/2012/12/25/3795988/nba-viewing-guide-christmas-2012-schedule

2. gorockets2009

gorockets2009 Rookie

LOL, Noah might handle a rock to Omer for a easy buck today.

3. conquistador#11

4. dchoye

dchoye Member

I hope all the traveling NBA teams that play on Xmas day win
    It must suck to take time away from your family to fly away and play on Xmas day

5. teebone21

teebone21 Member

That was his brother brent

6. CheukLau

CheukLau Member

It will be an interesting game, Bulls are the best defensive team in the league.

7. Noob Cake

Noob Cake Member

I have a feeling that we'll rip overrated Chicago a new one. Memphis was legit.

8. tehG l i d e

tehG l i d e Member

no it was Brent

9. scaramanga

scaramanga Member

10. Karolik

Karolik Member

Chicago's defense is not overrated, their offense is just putrid.

11. lookabove

lookabove Contributing Member

Number-wise Memphis before last game was the best defense in league and Rockets rip them a new one.

12. SWTsig

SWTsig Contributing Member

So was new York and Memphis when we played them.

13. torocan

torocan Member

I expect this could have a similar outcome to Memphis.

Strong defense, bad offense, and older legs.

Assuming our players keep their heads on straight, I wouldn't be shocked if they tire out by mid way through the 3rd quarter and we run them out of the building.

Their entire offense is Deng (returning from injury) and Noah (who'll have his hands full with Asik).

Hinrich is a decent PG, but he's not a game changer. And while Nate Robinson is very quick, he's a shooter more than PG and streaky.

Should be an interesting game...

14. RickyNewport

RickyNewport Member

Last time these two teams met Harden and Lin combined for 6 assist and 11 turnovers. And Asik didn't show up at all. And the Rockets won by 4.

The Rockets have been much better at limiting their turnovers and they're playing a little better defense and since the Bulls struggle to score this will be another blowout.

Harden is due for another 40 + point game.

15. mesta

mesta Member

I think at the first meeting asik was still a little hesitant because he was playing against noah. hist first block on noah was uncharacteristically weak and i observed he was trying to imitate some of noah's moves like passing.
    But now he has proven his worth playing against nbs top centers and power forwards, i am sure he can go all out against noah.

16. steady

steady Member

If the Rockets play as well as they did Saturday night, they should win. But remember this game is on the road, and they are a young team. They are 3-7 on the road, and, apart from the Knicks, the last game they won on road was in week 1 against ATL. … Obviously I want them to win, and win big. But I think this one could be closer and harder than the game on Saturday.

17. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

He's not even a basketball fan.

The fact that he's more interested in watching two teams like the Nets and Celtics over the Bulls and Rockets tells you this.

The latter matchup (Bulls and Rox) is the one between the teams with the better record and yet he makes a joke of it as if these are two bottom dwelling teams going at it.

Just another dude who likely gets all of his information from ESPN, so he only knows 5 or so teams.

18. RickyNewport

RickyNewport Member

Check out the Harden and Lin assist...

http://www.nba.com/#$/video/channels/top_plays/2012/12/24/20121224-assists-of-the-week.nba/index.html

19. Scarface281

Scarface281 Contributing Member

Yeah, there is a reason why Brooklyn and Boston are the early game, while our game comes in primetime after the number one matchup.

20. conquistador#11

a N.Y 'expert' came on to a radio show on 790 to "breakdown" all the christmas games but never slightly even mentioned our game.:mad:
    how rude! I bet they're still butt hurt over Daryl's hostile take over on their front office.