1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[ClutchFans] The Chandler Parsons Contract: An Analysis (UPDATED)

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by BimaThug, Dec 23, 2012.

1. jtr

jtr Contributing Member

Hey Bima! I was not wrong in my single post on Chandler's contract. You had me worried for like 2 days. There is always a first time for everything I guess.

Oh, and by the way, another exemplary article on your part dude. Fabulous job as usual!

2. jtr

jtr Contributing Member

LOL. I have read a lot of them and it hasn't helped me much.

3. xiki

xiki Contributing Member

4. xiki

xiki Contributing Member

Give the player the rep. He has proved his manhood.

5. Captain Hook

Captain Hook Member

Why doesnt Morey hire Bima as an assistant GM?

6. teebone21

teebone21 Member

You smoking that good stuff

7. fishguy91

fishguy91 Member

Thanks op. I had no idea about his contract b4rrading this.

8. OremLK

OremLK Member

Yeah, not going to feel sorry for any guy in line for a $30M+ payday in a few years.

9. jtr

jtr Contributing Member

Because Bima has a good paying job with somewhat reasonable hours?

10. Carl Herrera

Carl Herrera Contributing Member

Thanks for the clarification. Though I am afraid this won't stop the misinformed from yapping misinformedly.

11. johnnybravo

johnnybravo Member

These are always wonderful reads. Thanks for writing them!

Also, extremely minor point: $624,771 is the $600,000 per $926,500 rate applied to the $964,750 figure.

12. YYYY1313

YYYY1313 Member

Great read! Question, how is it that we have such detailed information about a players contract? Is this the case for all players?

13. Icehouse

Icehouse Contributing Member

So there is nothing we can do to keep him from hitting unrestricted F/A? Sounds like we better keep him happy then.

14. mvpcrossxover

mvpcrossxover Member

people who blame or hate on parsons should look at his contract again, and again

dude is not even making a million

that's why i kinda felt bad for budinger when people here kind of hate him. he's barely making money but did his best

15. meh

meh Contributing Member

Yeah, I'm wondering about this too. The best I can get is shamsport, which can't break down contracts that are partially guaranteed, or factor in incentives.

16. theaesirsfinest

Parsons' putting in work over the offseason despite his dirt-cheap, locked-in salary has forever endeared me to him. I could see a lot of other players taking it easy or even feeling disgruntled if they were in the same situation. Instead, Parsons completely re-tooled his shot and has improved his play-creating abilities.

Such a great draft pick. I hope he stays a Rocket for life and continues his growth.

17. meh

meh Contributing Member

Who hates Parsons? If anything, I feel like he's getting overrated on this board.

18. Joe Joe

Joe Joe Go Stros!
    Supporting Member

Much more surprised that the chronicle doesn't try to get him for guest pieces.

19. BimaThug

BimaThug Resident Capologist
    Supporting Member

Nice catch! Thanks.

All the salary information is from shamsports.com. Mark Deeks does one hell of a good job with his site. His salary info is far and away the most accurate (99%+). As long as his salary data have been updated, looking at any other site for player salary info is just a waste of your time.

The info on extensions and renegotiations can be found in the great Larry Coon's CBA FAQs: www.cbafaq.com

Throw in a healthy dose of common sense, and that's about all it takes to know what I know about all this crap.

FYI, because my knowledge is gleaned completely from this third party content (and not directly from the player contract itself), there remains the possibility that my analysis is not 100% correct.

If I am ever proven wrong in my analysis, please remember that I wrote this little CYA note here, okay?
    ;)

20. Hayesfan

Hayesfan Contributing Member

Bima thanks for spelling it out so succinctly... This is the stuff that makes NBA fans more intelligent!

My thought is everything depends on team production... Meaning should we make the playoffs with this team as is (which is unlikely for us to remain unchanged) and how inflated Chandler's worth becomes over the next season and half will dictate the direction the Rox will go