1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

McHale's Fatherly Instincts piss me off....

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by Liberon, Dec 20, 2012.

1. ashiin

ashiin Member

The fact that you're also a father scares me. I sincerely hope your child comes out ok.

2. durvasa

durvasa Contributing Member

What a disgrace this thread is. You dislike McHale as a coach, so you decide to kick him after his daughter passes away.

3. Liberon

Liberon Rookie

He loves basketball as much as Larry Bird does if not more.. I'm saying that his daughter was not doing well over a year ago based on some googling, not just diagnosed with lupus. Her condition was far more the severe than benign or passive as some in this thread suggested over the course of the last year or more. “Sasha was a daddy’s girl,” Sampson told the Houston Chronicle. “I remember last year during the lockout when we were meeting, she got sick. She was on a study abroad and had to come back. He just talked about her all the time. It’s just tough. It’s terrible.” (IBTimes, 2012)

So clearly this affected his coaching not just earlier in the season but all of last season as well. I'm just saying in that situation I would have quit basketball to attend to my child.

source: http://www.ibtimes.com/sasha-mchales-death-sheds-light-lupus-one-worlds-cruelest-diseases-900086

4. Kojirou

Kojirou Member

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/5hfYJsQAhl0" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

1 person likes this.
  5. durvasa

durvasa Contributing Member

Who cares what you would have done? Without knowing what his daughter's situation was, what sort of care she was receiving, how often he was communicating with her, and what sort of conversation the family was having on how to deal with it, how can you so shamelessly judge him after his daughter passes away? We're talking about a person who just lost his child, and you're expecting people here to actually join you in kicking him while he's down?

#45 durvasa, Dec 21, 2012
    Last edited: Dec 21, 2012
  6. apollo33

apollo33 Member

Holy **** ur a piece of shet. Why don't u cuz the BS and tell us what you really mean. If you don't like McHale's coaching that's fine. Don't bring her daughter into this

7. ashiin

ashiin Member

You don't know jack **** on how McHale handled the whole situation, I would tell you not to reproduce but it's a little too late isn't it. I hope the mother of your child is a much better person than you are.

8. robbie380

robbie380 ლ(▀̿Ĺ̯▀̿ ̿ლ)
    Supporting Member

If you are going to be so ****ing brave and talk so much ****ing **** behind a computer screen you should probably post your full name, phone number, and full home address. Maybe you can also go to a ****ing game and pull Kevin McHale aside and tell him your displeasure with how he raised his child and that you feel he had a hand in killing his child. You seem to be implying this.

Are you brave enough to do this? Or are you only brave enough to talk **** on a message board?

9. Deckard

Deckard Blade Runner
    Supporting Member

That's assuming he has a pair. After seeing this thread, I'm dubious, with all due respect to the OP (and Dubious).

10. split41

split41 Member

Bad thread, Bad OP, all based on pure speculation and hindsight.

Lock it up.

11. Sweet Lou 4 2

Sweet Lou 4 2 Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

that's uncalled for.

But this thread is disgusting. they should lock it up. Liberon - you should apologize as this is a stain on the BBS.

12. bobrek

bobrek Politics belong in the D & D

Again, you can say what you would do all you want, but until you are in that situation, you have no idea what you would do. How do you know your sick child wouldn't say that the thing she wants most is for you to continue living your life? Are you going to deny your sick child that wish? How do you know that she wouldn't say that her ultimate joy and the thing that keeps her going is watching you coach and lead a team?

13. jocar

jocar Member

b****ass tasteless thread

14. ashiin

ashiin Member

Because I feel like a tasteless father might pass his tasteless opinions to his child?

15. sammy

sammy Contributing Member

I work with a girl that has Lupus. It's not always a life threatening situation. Get your facts straight. It's not like she had terminal cancer.

16. Mathloom

Mathloom Shameless Optimist
    Supporting Member

Liberon, people have aleady chimed in with the rationale for why, so I'll just leave a short and sweet:

You are a pile of crap.

17. Joshfast

Joshfast "We're all gonna die" - Billy Sole
    Supporting Member

I agree with Mathloom but will up it to:

You are a pile of ****

18. Svpernaut

Svpernaut Contributing Member

He's not a contributing member, so just kick his ass to the curb.

19. across110thstreet

across110thstreet Contributing Member

so you heard that? but you don't really know?

she could have been diagnosed in her teenage years for all you know.

I saw a young girl (13 or 14) battling with Lupus play an entire basketball game until her flareups were so bad she was forced to the bench in tears... that's a warrior.

I would imagine Sasha had a similar fighter's attitude.

(but I wouldn't know because I don't assume anything about people I don't really know about)

1 person likes this.
  20. langal

langal Contributing Member

If she was studying abroad last year, then I would think her condition was definitely at the "manageable" phase (I know nothing about Lupus) and would assume that has been the norm for quite a while.

From what I heard, her health deterioration was rather sudden.