1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

ClutchFans Game Thread: Sixers @ Rockets 12/19/2012

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Dec 18, 2012.

1. Luca

Luca Member

Thank you, I would love to see them grow together.

2. Allegro

Allegro Member

Heh, good find. As I said, I hope I'm wrong and Lin stays. I'm definitely worried about Gasol's knees (both of them).

3. just a word

just a word Member

Pft. Okay, take that dreadful feeling, and take a look around the Toyota Center court.

See all those Ads in Chinese?

If rumors are right, they total over double digit millions of dollars in revenue; just the seasons, not only has Lin indirectly paid his own salary, but that of several teammates.

No way are they moving Lin; besides, last time there was three other PGs on the roster and the assistant coaches were STILL arguing against cutting him because they liked how hard he worked. Plus, I'm fairly sure Les would kill Morey.

4. Luca

Luca Member

Well said.

5. parksn306

parksn306 Contributing Member

Good win! Really liked having Harden, Lin and Douglas to close.

I'm gonna disagree with some posters though. I don't think we need to make a move in the market. We got a lot of young bigs, I'd rather wait and see how they develop. I think Smith in particular can become a beast.

Millsap and Josh Smith are good, but they're both around 27. A little too old for this team's plan I think. I say sit pat for a couple years and see if one of the young guys becomes that low-post threat/banger we need.

6. RollsRoyce

RollsRoyce Member

Morey cut him on Christmas day? If that's true, that's cold-blooded. Regarding the game, did Lin's first step look faster, even faster than against the Knicks?

Even TonyD seemed faster tonight, maybe the Philly guards just look slow w/o Jrue...

7. Allegro

Allegro Member

My impression was that the owner (Les) forced Morey to eat some humble pie and beg Lin to come back. I would not be surprised to learn that Morey is still a bit resentful about that.

8. gorockets2009

gorockets2009 Rookie

LOL, poor guy:grin:

9. Spiegel

Spiegel Member

Really? I think the base is there now for a very good team but it is still missing one piece for it to be complete. We are lacking a legit PF right now. We have no post scorer whatsoever.Monti is still years away from being that so we need someone like Millsap who we can snare withoutoffering him the MAX. None will offer him the max and he knows they are eying Favors as their future.

10. Spiegel

Spiegel Member

What bandwago, he is part of the Rockets. There is no bandwagon idiot. They are all part of the same entity. The Houston Rockets.

11. JJ23

JJ23 Rookie

You do realize that every single move has to be approved by Les, right? That's the way it's always been.

12. cyclorider

cyclorider Member

No. Harden is a turnover machine.

13. parksn306

parksn306 Contributing Member

I guess if we could get Millsap on a short-term contract (big fan of his by the way) I wouldn't mind. I just like the idea of having tons of cap space. I'd also worry that having a Vet like Millsap would hurt the development of the younger guys. If he were like 2 years younger though, I'd say go ahead.

When Harden/Lin are like 27, I think this team will really be scary. Until then I don't think we need to go too carzy, just sit back and let it all develop.

14. Allegro

Allegro Member

I'm happy to see that Lin is starting to grow on you. That is good.

I don't want Lin gone, I just have this bad feeling that he could be.

15. just a word

just a word Member

Exactly; given how pissed Les was during that feb 14th Toronto game, I'd be surprised if he signs off on any trades until Lin has stopped developing.

16. Spiegel

Spiegel Member

I think both Lin and Harden are an very attractive prosect for a budding young star or even a mid-aged established star to come on less money then what he would get with a team that wont come close to having the same wining potential or future. Tmac/Yao had that effect and i think these two while nowhere near as talented as two in their primes can still have that pulling power.

I like the idea of spending the cap sace for depth and not just spending it al on one player. Unless were getting Lebron or KD, lets build a team ith deth.

17. Spiegel

Spiegel Member

None hated him, infact we were harsh because we saw his potential but it was infuriating not seeing him live upto it. If he didnt have talent, none would have cared.

18. JJ23

JJ23 Rookie

Lin isn't going anywhere anytime soon. Les is a smart business man and knows the massive revenue Lin indirectly brings to this organization. Secondly, Morey really wants to continue to see how Lin will develop along with Harden. I think if a move is made it will be during the second or after the second year of Lin's contract assuming there is no significant develop or potential.

19. Allegro

Allegro Member

Yes, Les' support is a major reason that Lin might stay.

However, I notice that the Lakers have still not gotten a new PG, even though they clearly, desperately need one. There are rumors about Delonte West; he's available, VERY available, but the Lakers are still hesitating. I think they are holding out for Lin.

20. carayip

carayip Member

I see a better comparison in the SA Spurs with Harden being the new Manu and Lin potentially being Parker and Parsons the new Bowen or Boston Celtics with Harden as our Paul Pierce and Lin being Rondo. Now if we could add a prime Tim Duncan or Kevin Garnett, we might just be able to win 5 championships in the next 10 years. Finding the next Duncan/Garnett is the hardest part though lol.