1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

ClutchFans Game Thread: Sixers @ Rockets 12/19/2012

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Dec 18, 2012.

1. jocar

jocar Member

How great of you to join today just to post this, I can't wait to hear it again everytime Lin scores 15 pts. It's fair to blame coaching, and they do screw up, but don't be so one-sided and deflect any and all blame from Lin when he was partially responsible, at the least. Why don't you explain why TD had more of the coaches' trust to close out games, before implying some malicious plot against Lin? The "Harden didn't trust Lin to run point" theory is equally dumb. Lack of objectivity among newer members is getting to be really annoying.

2. RickyNewport

RickyNewport Member

Morey cut Lin, signed him back so I doubt he would trade him and plus Morey wants to show how smart he is for signing him.

3. jocar

jocar Member

Oh, hell no! U crazy? Gasol's knees are giving out, I seriously doubt Morey is gonna sacrifice the future for an early exit with
    [​IMG]

4. mr. 13 in 33

mr. 13 in 33 Member

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p>Heisman Winner &amp; The Beard after the game tonight.... @<a href="https://twitter.com/jmanziel2">jmanziel2</a> <a href="http://t.co/s0k5R7RI" title="http://instagr.am/p/Tch5Jvtlah/">instagr.am/p/Tch5Jvtlah/</a></p>&mdash; James Harden (@JHarden13) <a href="https://twitter.com/JHarden13/status/281627424146485248" data-datetime="2012-12-20T05:09:44+00:00">December 20, 2012</a></blockquote> <script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

[​IMG]

5. Spiegel

Spiegel Member

Harden is crazy good. 33 points on 12 shots. Thats crazy effecient. Also, mark my words, if Lin touch wood plays like this and Harden stays Harden, we can be a top 5 team in the west.Add another allstar to the mix and we can be contenders next season.

You know i was harsh on Lin because i saw he crazy good he was in NY and wanted the same in our town, but now Lin looks like he gets it. We bought him here to be a dominante baller and thats what were getting. The real Lin.

6. knickstorm

knickstorm Member

plus they promised nash they'd keep gasol for him to play with.

7. webattorney

webattorney Member

Response

Ha, ha, you are getting all soft on Lin now. :)

8. just a word

just a word Member

Echo this. Harden's unmoveable; Morey called what Lin is doing "fantastic" and think that he's growing really well at a really difficult position to learn (mentioned the coaches thinking this too), he doesn't mind that Parsons' D fell since last year because he says they're asking him to do more on offense and said Parsons would be with them for a 'long time', he basically forgave Asik's cold stretch and mentioned his flu and being more careful with his minutes and mentioned that Asik's usually "really good on help defense".

Which is kind of interesting because he didn't mention any of Patterson's positives when Patterson's injury was brought up.

So there you go.

(The Rocketscast video.)

9. kianainhi

kianainhi Member

Thanks for the info. I can't wait for Lin to play against Lee & Curry (GSW). All Lee has to do is yell some Lin pun to Jeremy to get him pissed off.

10. dacman

dacman Member

Please no talk about trading young prospects for damaged goods. The Rockets have had plenty of key injuries the past decade lets not go back to that. Let the youngsters grow.

11. Alex L.

Alex L. Contributing Member

Tell him the bandwagon is full :grin:

12. mike_lu

mike_lu Member

Yup, and Many of us showed pretty much all of your arguments about Lin to be flawed because we saw you could one day be a decent poster.

I've gone soft on you

13. Spiegel

Spiegel Member

Gasol is 33 going on washed up status and Lin is only 24 with a ton of upside. No sane GM woud do this trade at this point in time ow that Lin is playing to his potential..

14. itachen

itachen Member

I like that as our team is gelling, so are our ClutchFans :grin:
    Go Rockets Go

15. YYYY1313

YYYY1313 Member

I just finished watching the game. **** this team is HOT! I can't wait for Saturday!

16. Luca

Luca Member

Repeat after me - Douglas is a SG not a PG. Play him in position and he'll be great.[/QUOTE]

Lmao but I agree with you.

17. Spiegel

Spiegel Member

All i wanted or most of s wanted was for him to be aggressive and now he gets it. He is a much better player when he looks for his niche which is to be creative. Pobe the defense, get into the ane and start asking the defence some questions.

18. Allegro

Allegro Member

I hope you're right, I really do. The last two games have shown how much potential the Lin/Harden combo has.

I just can't shake this dreadful feeling that the team's mistreatment of Lin (until recently) shows what they truly think of him. Plus, Morey is famously cold blooded about moving his "assets". (Remember, he cut Lin the fervent Christian on Christmas Day, a truly cruel move.) So while I hope you're right and Lin stays, I'm preparing for the worst.

19. Spiegel

Spiegel Member

Lin looks better because now he attack the basket. He is probing the defence. He is making the defenders be reactive and hence he is being far more proactive.

20. kozmo

kozmo Member

You're wrong, he's actually better than you've seen :)