1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

ClutchFans Game Thread: Sixers @ Rockets 12/19/2012

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Dec 18, 2012.

1. RickyNewport

RickyNewport Member

H.A.R.D.E.N. spells elite... Super Star player putting up super star numbers... 33 points on 12 shots is unheard of. This guy doesn't need a house because he lives at the line. And he doesn't just score but he creates for his team mates. Did anyone see the pass between the defenders legs in the lane to Smith... WoW...!!!!

1 person likes this.
  2. amaru

amaru Member

No surprise there......its harder for the defense to key in on Lin when they have to respect his game and worry about the Beard off to the side.

3. kianainhi

kianainhi Member

Anyone who went to the game, did you see Lin talking to Dorell Wright? They're good friends from GSW days. They're always tweeting each other about Benihana food.

4. ch0c0b0fr34k

ch0c0b0fr34k Member

Actually, Kevin Martin.

5. thekad

thekad Member

This is unbelievably false.

6. mike_lu

mike_lu Member

Guess which team has scraped back into the 8th seed position in the West?

Hint: this is a Rockets fan forum

7. jocar

jocar Member

^PRE-flop/foul rule changes.

8. OremLK

OremLK Member

Ha, yeah, but Harden passes and rebounds too, and does what he does with the whole opponent defense geared around stopping him :eek:

Martin is an opportunistic scorer who doesn't do well unless he's playing 1 on 1 and doesn't contribute anything but his buckets/free throws. Harden is a true playmaker.

9. rockets0_12_7_1

yeah I saw Jeremy walking over to say Hi to Dorell before tip off, and they were joking around during the game

10. cytrynowa

cytrynowa Member

I will laugh so hard if Houston and Orlando (currently 9th) make the playoffs and Lakers don't.

11. RickyNewport

RickyNewport Member

No it's not... When Harden was in OKC the offense ran through him when he was in the game. McHale is basically using Harden the same way OKC did.

The Rockets are doing nothing different with Lin. Lin is just being more aggressive when it comes to scoring and that's what will give Harden easier shots because the opposing defense just cant key in on him. Harden still dominates the ball the same amount of time. Yea he only took 12 shots but he went to the free throw line 9 times and had seven assist and you have to have the ball to do that.

The Rockets are basically running a two point guard system and the Dynamic Duo will be very dangerous.

12. Nook

Nook Member

Harden is on another level... Martin isn't even close.

13. lfw

lfw Rookie

Any young player who can keep his team around .500 when none of his other teammates are averaging All-Star numbers is a budding superstar in my book.

14. mirus

mirus Member

wish i could see it live lol

15. Allegro

Allegro Member

I don't want to be a buzzkill, but the Rockets may be showcasing Lin. With what he has done the last two games, the Lakers must be drooling now, and Morey is probably jacking up the price.

I hope I'm wrong. I'm really enjoying this revival of Linsanity, but at the same time I'm bracing myself for a trade.

16. cytrynowa

cytrynowa Member

Wtffffffffffffffff

17. RickyNewport

RickyNewport Member

Actually tonight Martin took 9 shots and had 6 points. So I'll take Harden... Thanks.

18. CisBuds4U

CisBuds4U Member

I dont think so. Morey said in the Rockets cast that they want to give this core group of guys a chance to grow. He said it was very unlikely any big trades will go down (unless Kevin Love is dropped in his lap) and wants to let them play a while. Plus he's happy with JLin and his progress and also pretty much said Parsons would not be traded so I think these guys are here for a while :)

19. YaoMing#1

YaoMing#1 Member

As iv been saying give harden 1 yr and he will be a top 5 player number one sg in the game. The guy is unbelievable I still can't understand how okc let him go and how morey stole this guy.

On another note iv been real critical of Lin lately but he has impressed me a lot these last two games. He got his swag back u can see he's flowing and having a good time doing it. I'm very happy/impressed With his play lately. When Lin plays good harden plays even better and this is good for the rockets.

Greg smith is a gangster morey plucks these 2nd rounders/undrafted guys and try can actually play. Got to give credit were its do, morey I salute u.

Marcus Morris is a great fit with the starting lineup his offensive game is dangerous, and teams have to account for him and this is helping Lin ad harden a lot plus he can pass and rebound. I really like this guy he can score from anywhere on the court which is rare. He's like mello playing the four those guys just can't keep up with him. I like the starting line up a lot if they grow together I could see Lin harden and Morris being the best players on the team I want him to stay at the 4. I kno he's undersized and really a 3 but he's such a mismatch for every Pf in the game not to many 4s can put the ball on the floor and creat space to get a good shot of like him. His potential is higher than parsons IMO. He's very underrated with his play making. I saw him do it all the time at Kansas but he's improved a lot and its showing. Congrats mook.

20. OremLK

OremLK Member

I think if Morey makes any trade it would be to send some rookies and a PF out, maybe take on a semi-bad contract, in order to bring in a guy like Paul Millsap or Josh Smith. That's the only type of big trade I could see him making. I don't think he will give up any rotation players unless they play the 4. Otherwise, it's just about letting guys develop and grow together.