1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

ClutchFans Game Thread: Sixers @ Rockets 12/19/2012

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Dec 18, 2012.

1. Knickskiller

Knickskiller Member

Toney 'novak' douglas

2. kianainhi

kianainhi Member

Already? When I'm suffering from withdrawal symptoms, I head for the highlights.

3. stylus8088

stylus8088 Member

And he's only 21! :eek:

I don't know how high his ceiling is but the older he gets the more consistent his game will be. As Morey said, He is an "elite" finisher and he definitely is.

4. sugrlndkid

sugrlndkid Member

best to get as many wins as possible in december...the schedule maker royally screwed us during the month of January

5. Type Raba

Type Raba Member

i would mind seeing a harden-lin-TD-smith-asik experiment once in a while...

6. OremLK

OremLK Member

That's why he should only play backup SG, not backup PG. When Lin is out of the game, Harden moves over to point guard.

7. fonzie_004

fonzie_004 Member

Anyone being critical of Chandler Parsons does not know the game of basketball whatsoever.

8. sugrlndkid

sugrlndkid Member

man he is scoring at a point per min clip...13 min...13 points...Kudos to Greg

9. rocketsmetalspd

Another nice win. Can't wait to see Saturday's game with the Grizz. Last time the Rockets face the Grizz in Memphis it was a close game and the team was barely getting to know each other. I want see how much the team has improved since that game in Memphis.

10. yakitori

yakitori Contributing Member

Harden/Lin in the last 2 games

vs Knicks:
    50 points(55%FG), 11 assists, 5 turnovers
    vs 76'ers:
    51 points(63%FG), 13 assists, 3 turnovers

Obviously, I don't think this is sustainable but it's been a nice 2 games.

11. SirKen

SirKen Member

I like Morris but I wouldn't bench Parsons for any option on the bench. Even when he is performing poorly with his shots, he contributes to the game in so many different ways. I wouldn't take him out for just a few extra points.

12. OremLK

OremLK Member

Only thing to keep in mind about Greggers is that he is strongly benefiting from all the defensive attention being given to the back court. I do not think he could keep this up if you tried to make him a starter right now.

However, he is only 21 as others have said! He is going to get better and better and develop his skillset more. Less fouls, better defense, better rebounding... It is possible he can become a starter caliber player in the future. He's not there yet, but he could get there in a couple more years.

13. Noob Cake

Noob Cake Member

Greg Smith beasting. He is everything Patterson is supposed to be.

14. Ynnis888

Ynnis888 Member

His defense was awesome.

15. sugrlndkid

sugrlndkid Member

This is a tough match up for the Rockets primarily bc Randolph and Gasol are really skilled...and btw last game...Gasol was having a terrible shooting night...that most likely will not be the case again...it will be a good opportunity for the team to practice doubling on the post and working on closing out shooters...

16. sugrlndkid

sugrlndkid Member

agreed...in fact i like the fact Smith is coming off the bench...gives us a strong inside scoring presence, especially off of loose balls and close range shots...

Patterson however...looks like he might better be suited coming of the bench...I like the 2 SFs presence in the lineup of Parsons and Morris better than Patterson and Parsons.

17. carayip

carayip Member

Letting Lin handle the ball more and take more responsibility actually help out Harden and his efficiency, not taking away from him. That running every possession through Harden and playing and iso-ing him non stop and causing him dead tired in 4th quarter need to end. I hope the coaching staff realize this moving forward.

18. fonzie_004

fonzie_004 Member

His game is now so much more than his defense, yeah his shot is streaky but he creates off the dribble now, can pass, rebound and force turnovers. he's a perfect glue guy and his game is developing on the job.

we are blessed to have him on the books for absolute peanuts

19. peter2012

peter2012 Member

Finally harden and coach realize ISO ball is not good enough to win games and start to trust lin's ability. Lin proves he is a good playmaker and has started to earn more play time, even the last quarter.

20. Type Raba

Type Raba Member

pick your poison. pnr only works if you fear both the man with the ball and the man rolling. smith is a finisher. fear him.