1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

ClutchFans Game Thread: Sixers @ Rockets 12/19/2012

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Dec 18, 2012.

1. jtr

jtr Contributing Member

And that is quite enough. Solid rotation guy.

2. Cautiously_Op

Cautiously_Op Member

If this Harden-Lin backcourt balance can continue for the rest of the season, we’ll have a solid backcourt, likely one of the best in the league.

Smith is looking good. The team still loses focus and gets into these funks where bad teams catch up to them. January is going to be tough and they can’t be giving up big leads.

Nice win! Rockets over .500!!

3. Akim523

Akim523 Member

Lol I love Calvin...

4. RickyNewport

RickyNewport Member

Parsons can play right on the bench if he doesn't decide to start making shots...

5. IndoRockets

IndoRockets Member

Rockets on fire before the end of the world

6. CisBuds4U

CisBuds4U Member

i really think DMO or Jones could be that guy. I'd like to see what they can do first before going after the high-priced "grass is greaner" PF. Lets see how they gel this year unless Kevin Love suddenly becomes available.

7. Shawndme7

Shawndme7 Contributing Member

So fun to watch offensively when we click...can't believe we're thi young.

Oh yes I can....

Must....play...better...defense

8. itachen

itachen Member

I think the coaches found their zone now and adjusted - Lin started 4th quarter with Douglas in the back court, rested Harden. It's working out well, and I think they will at least continue that trend for 2Q and 4Q at least to the next game.

Toney is sure making a strong case for his PT. Coaches patience has really paid off.

9. Alex L.

Alex L. Contributing Member

No game until Saturday... I'm already suffering from rockets withdrawal syndrome :(:(

1 person likes this.
  10. whozee

whozee Member

And everyone said all those nights at the strip clubs was no good for his game...

11. mr. 13 in 33

mr. 13 in 33 Member

they never took the lead in the whole game lol

12. muas2010

muas2010 Member

Four tough Western teams remaining for the year....the Eastern Bulls and Atlanta games should not be too bad. January schedule is a killer...not in terms of teams but the back to back games.:grin:

13. itachen

itachen Member

Forgive my inexperience as a Rocket fan for asking - what does this mean? It's the 3rd time I've heard it today..

14. sophiaaa19

sophiaaa19 Member

LOL you just went there eh, good one

15. BeeBeard

BeeBeard Member

Chandler Iguodala now averages 2.2 steals over his last 5 games. That is excellent.

16. Knickskiller

Knickskiller Member

If they double and trap him , it's lin's time to drive to the paint.

17. OremLK

OremLK Member

Parsons is streaky, dude. Everyone who watched him in college knows he's a streaky shooter. He contributes in enough different ways to stay on the court even when his shot isn't falling. Good defender, good rebounder, good passer, good ball handler.

This was probably his worst game of the year but he still did plenty of good things.

18. Knickskiller

Knickskiller Member

lol our best shooter now is TD

19. sugrlndkid

sugrlndkid Member

What makes me excited about the Rockets chances to sneak into the playoffs is that this team is scoring at a really high clip...sometimes the best defense is just to outscore your opponents...There are nights when the outside shot wont fall...but i love that Lin and Harden arent in love with their Jump shot...they create scoring opps by attacking the rim...what a stark difference from the tail end of the TMAC era...Lin and Harden are attacking the rim fearlessly...and that has opened up their games and the Rockets are clearly much more efficient in their possessions...

20. GoRockets!

GoRockets! Member

It's not that simple. He should only be a spot up shooter. His most efficient score is coming from Lin or teammates's setting him up for open 3s (today out of 17 pts, 15 pts is from 5 3s.) He is still not a good PG in terms of making plays for the team. Plus when he is unchecked i.e. alone on the court without Harden or Lin, he tends to shoot a bit too much compared to our starters. This game in 25 short mins, he FGA is 11, only 1 less than Harden and Lin, both 12 in 37/32 mins. But Lin and Harden are far more efficient. TD shoots 3pt very well recently and this game especially. Give credit to him that.