1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Rockets recall Donatas Motiejunas

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Dec 18, 2012.

1. Bogey

Bogey Contributing Member

If you're not going to play D-Mo and T Jones, leave them in the d-league and let them play.

2. Grigori

Grigori Member

With Morris starting at PF, Morey is recalling D-Mo to take over Morris's backup SF duties!

Finally, the start of the Motiejunas epoch!

I'm going to start calling Durant "the Poor Man's Motiejunas" now.

1 person likes this.
  3. D-rock

D-rock Member

D-Mo is a floor spacing 4 and will complement Smith/Asik. Not a fan of starting Morris at the PF spot though. Morris at backup SF makes more sense.

I would like to see either DMo or TJ given more opportunities while Patterson is out.

1 person likes this.
  4. mirus

mirus Member

glad to hear about it

5. dobro1229

dobro1229 Contributing Member

The Rockets are at home for the 6 days, and then leading into Christmas day when they play in Chicago.

Thats at least 5 days of practice with the team, and I assume one of those days will be when they are all celebrating Christmas with their local friends and family.

That's why I assume D-Mo is back in Houston.

1 person likes this.
  6. bleedrockets

bleedrockets Rookie

its a foot injury maybe liz frank

7. ROXTXIA

ROXTXIA Contributing Member

Good thing we have 12 PFs for the rotation.

These rooks need a chance to grow, they need some game time. I don't wish anything bad on Pitty Pat but let's get Tjones and Dmo some burn. We aren't winning a championship this year anyway.

These RGV-Rockets must be tired of the routine by now: "My agent said they'd keep doing this s***...."

8. Grigori

Grigori Member

Man, watching D-Mo in D-League, he can't guard NBA 4s, but he sure as heck will be a matchup nightmare posting up on opposing 3s! Just do what the Thunders do with Durant on defense, concede the outside jumper to the opposing SF. Oughta work fine as long as you aren't facing LeBron.

9. cheke64

cheke64 Member

"we are the youngest team in the NBA"

we don't play the rookies though

10. Normalus

Normalus Member

The only thing D-Mo is spacing this season is freakin bench :grin:

11. D-rock

D-rock Member

He can't guard NBA 5's either. Which is the position McHale keeps plugging him into. DMo sucks at D period. But he is a very polished offensive player and can shoot over or around most 3's, 4's and even 5's. He is a better rebounder than 2Pat as well.

12. clubberclyde

clubberclyde Member

13. Rox>Mavs

Rox>Mavs Contributing Member

Second verse.....same as the first

14. flamingdts

flamingdts Member

Vipers have a game on the 20th and 21st. And then they won't have another one till the 29th.

It would make more sense to let D-Mo play out those 2 games before bringing him back up to the team. After all, the Rockets have a game tomorrow anyways.

Jones has struggled quite a bit lately whenever he was on the court, so maybe they are trying D-Mo out.

Patterson could be out for the season after all, and we don't exactly have a proper backup PF other than Morris and Smith once in a while. I think they are looking to expand the roles of our rookie PFs.

15. Sadat X

Sadat X Member

Be ready to see them sit on the bench, then get subbed in after the 2:00 mark in the 4th

Don't set yourself up for disappointment

16. cheke64

cheke64 Member

I wished they get garbage time.

Insert dmo randomly in 2 or 3 quarter for 3 minutes. Dmo is surprised, doesn't know the system and is sent back to the dleague instantly.

17. AbrahamLincoln

Morris,Lin, and Smith are pretty much Rookies. I never understood why alot of people say this. Most of our guys are rookies. None of our starting 5 were ever starters before this season. Lin and Smith and Morris in particular have not even played a full NBA season.

18. jtr

jtr Contributing Member

I have watched every minute of Jones "burn" this season and it does not look like he is near NBA ready. Despite setting the D-League on fire.

19. sugrlndkid

sugrlndkid Member

I think the way Morey and the Rockets are using the DLeague is as a means of giving their bench the ability to play starter like minutes but keeping them familiar with team dynamics/surroundings etc...The carousel will continue the rest of the season...They most likely believe that it is this way they will have to develop their younger players...

20. Easy

Easy Boban Only Fan
    Supporting Member

Putting Royce's bus to good use. :grin:

Seriously, I hope Patterson is not damaged good.