1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

ClutchFans Game Thread: Rockets @ Raptors 12/16/2012

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Dec 15, 2012.

1. kozmo

kozmo Member

Its a huge problem.....HUGE....its why we've lost 5 games i would bet

2. Lostie

Lostie Member

So McHale is a confident and experienced killer that throws people in the ocean as his modus operandi?

Okay there buddy.

3. Sports2012

Sports2012 Member

I am watching a replay of today game against the Raptors now. The purpose of this re-view is to find out if the Raptors had been illegally blocking the Rockets' defenders to help Calderon and DeRosan.

At about 10:40 on the clock, Harden guarding Calderon. j. Valancianus (will call him JV from now on) came up to screen. He cut in front of Harden, turned around and started pushing him back toward the basket, thus creating the space for Calderon to score to 4-0.

Tell me if this is a defensive foul that should be called.

Other evidences coming up. Stay tuned.

4. jocar

jocar Member

Watching Dal vs NY (during Linsanity) on NBAtv right now.
    Lin's being so vocal with teammates and is playing floor general like an inspired and confident baller. I reeeeeally hope that version shows up tomorrow in MSG.

5. kozmo

kozmo Member

ME TOO!

6. Cautiously_Op

Cautiously_Op Member

I am not trying to put Asik down in any way, because I actually like his game so far. But I do think he needs to improve on finishing and setting high picks. Last year what made the high picks effective and what made the transition game effective in NYK for was Tyson Chandler's abilities. If he were on this team, you would see a big difference in the team's offense and defense. Having said that, I said before that if Asik could develop a small jump hook and midrange jumper, that would dramatically change Houston for the better.

7. yessir

yessir Member

As of right now, Rockets are in that .500 zone but that is not too bad considering that we are the youngest team in the league and the whole roster is completely different from last year's. No one expected Rockets to be a breakout team this season with records competing with the top teams. Right now, the rockets are where any reasonable person would imagine them to be, in the middle. I just hope in practice McHale is trying to find a way to make the team work with Lin and Harden because that can be a great combo seeing how great Harden is and how great Lin can be when played to their strengths. We can only see whats in the games but perhaps they're trying new things out during practice and not putting it to use yet in games such as Lin playing point and have Harden play the catch and shoot. Harden is a great shooter, Lin is not. Lin can play his high PnR early in the shot clock and either have the drive, the pass to the roller, or kick it back out to Harden when the defense has collapsed and Harden can either shoot it, drive, or reset.

8. kozmo

kozmo Member

I would trade harden for chandler because Lin would be free to do what he did in NY and this team would win. Chandler plays d.....If harden had CHandler they would win. Lin and Harden not working right now....I dont know if it will ever work

9. King1

King1 Contributing Member

You are an idiot

10. sgl_carlos

sgl_carlos Member

I missed the game.. What happened!?

11. Alex L.

Alex L. Contributing Member

Darn. My NBATV is showing Euroleague basketball.

It's ok. I think I have that game on my hard drive :p

12. TheRookets

TheRookets Rookie

Ha ha, Lin is forever .500. Mr. .500.

13. kozmo

kozmo Member

you didnt read what I said. I said it would be the same if they trade Lin for CHandler. This team would be better off with a quailty big and one of those guards gone....idiot, i dont think so

14. Sports2012

Sports2012 Member

At 9:32, Calderon bringing the ball up, Lin in front of him. JV cut in between, pushed Lin away with two hands before he put his hands down in front. His both feet moving all the while. Borderline of fouling.

Calderon shot and scored to 6-0.

15. theaesirsfinest

Can an objective poster please tell me how the **** Calderon got a triple double on us and Lin had 3 TOs and 2 assists? Emphasis on objective. Not some blind LOF pushing his agenda nor some hate-infested LOH.

Thanks.

16. muas2010

muas2010 Member

Not much....a Rockets/Rapters by defintion is going to be a boring game. However, the way the Rockets played downgraded it even more. Big suprise was that Lin was allowed to play/stand around for 30 plus minutes plus and finishing up the 4th quarter. This was a very winnable game....the Rockets just decided not to do much about it.

17. Ynnis888

Ynnis888 Member

I'm watching this also...almost every possesion, they look for Lin to set up the play....very very different from what's happening here. :(

18. Cautiously_Op

Cautiously_Op Member

Also watching...
    It makes a big difference when he is the focal point of the offense, and allowed to play as himself. Having T. Chandler is a huge plus too. His TOs were higher than this year, but you could see his demeanor when there was no question he was the floor leader. Look at his stats and how well everyone else did in that game:

http://espn.go.com/nba/boxscore?gameId=320219018

19. Grigori

Grigori Member

Dwane Casey tried everything he could to lose this game, but in the end he was not able to defend his title as the worst coach in the NBA.

The Rockets were able to make a run at the end of 1st when Ed Davis went to the bench and Linus "Airball for Jesus" Kleiza was in to chuck clankers, then Casey sat Davis in the 4th to almost allow a Rockets comeback.

How did Davis lose his crown? Far inferior gameplan from McHale. Everybody and his dog know that Calderon can't even defend a newborn kitten on the PnR, so what does McHale do? Have his PGs bring the ball up the court then pass it off. No screen for his PGs until halfway through the 3rd with one, then a ways later another. That should have been an integral part of the gameplay from the 1st quarter to the end of the game. I don't give a rat's ass if it's PnR with Uglas. Finally saw a little bit of Asik-Uglas PnR in the 4th, then nothing. Also when there were finally a couple of high screens for the PGs halfway through the 3rd, why in the nine hells would you use Davis' man for the screen!?!? Where the #$@* was the scouting report!?!?

Then there is the complete and utter lack of recognition. Ed Davis was not there for the big stretch in the 4th. Yeah your inside game was wrecked against Davis through the first three quarters except for the stretch near the end of 1st when he was out, but he was out again in the 4th thanks to Casey. Go back to attacking the paint, you dolt! Good god, I don't think I have screamed as much at my computer since watching Carl Landry being coached by Paul Westphal. Still can't believe PnR the living crud out of Calderon wasn't front and center in the gameplan with Lowry out. If anything they deliberately went away from picks for their PGs. There were more picks set for the PG in other games. In the one game it will work especially well they deliberately go away from it? Is there a standing tanking order? SMH.

Well, congratulations, Kevin McHale, you have now taken over Dwane Casey's crown. Enjoy it while you still have a job.

1 person likes this.
  20. muas2010

muas2010 Member

1. Calderon was playing lights out...had an overall great game and team help.
    2. No one showed up from the Rockets...even Harden with his usual nice stats wasn't super efficient shooting the ball.
    3. Too many sloppy TOs in the first half.
    4. Bad interior defense. Perhaps Patterson is more valuable then thought?