1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2. Live Rockets Discussion
    We are ONE DAY AWAY from the NBA Draft and knowing what the Rockets will do with the #3 selection. We're talking Rockets and the NBA Draft LIVE at 8:00pm CT!

Talking Rockets - LIVE!
  3. LIVE WATCH EVENT
    The NBA Draft is here! Come join Clutch in the ClutchFans Room Wednesday night at 6:30pm CT as we host the live online NBA Draft Watch Party. Who will the Rockets select at #3?

NBA Draft - LIVE!

ClutchFans Game Thread: Celtics @ Rockets 12/14/2012

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Dec 13, 2012.

1. pistol111847

pistol111847 Member

Smith, Asik, Harden and Parsons all had excellent games and TD did hit a couple of big shots at the end. I'm excited about the team's potential. I'm just afraid if they keep messing with Jeremy they'll lose a potentially excellent piece of the puzzle.

2. Type Raba

Type Raba Member

they won this time, but what about those games they lost? we'll never know if Lin could have been a factor and won those games for us. but the thing that bugs me is that even after his 38 pt game, even after his shot is getting better, even after he shut down rondo tonight, TD "playing well" negates all of the above and plays the end of the 3Q and the entire 4Q. crazy...

3. tuoxieman

tuoxieman Member

Now I understand why Lowery and Goran wanted to escape from Mchale. If you don't trust Lin, be a man, say it honestly and trade him.

1 person likes this.
  4. Lucky Charm

Lucky Charm Member

Oh snap, even veteran members calling out McHale's bullfeces? I love it.
    Make me happy it's not just me wearing my "LOF" glasses that sees his inadequacy as a coach for misusing his players.

5. LCAhmed

LCAhmed Contributing Member

Was at the game tonight. I just wanted to share my up close experience of the other team's fan getting douched.

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/CBvtxKvRTvg" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

6. pistol111847

pistol111847 Member

It is crazy and illogical. It shows that McHale has some pre-conceived opinion of Lin that doesn't change even with evidence to the contrary. His opinion will never change no matter what Jeremy does. That's why something has to give - McHale or Jeremy has to go. Sadly if it's Jeremy then the Rockets are doomed to mediocrity because they will be left with a poor coach. The coach is a major factor in a team playing to their potential and McHale just doesn't have it.

7. pcheung08

pcheung08 Member

I strongly believe Lin doesn't mind being yelled at if he made a lot of mistakes if the coach still let him play for the sake of learning/development, like what Popavich did to Parker.

8. alethios

alethios Member

this looks too contrived, but funny nonetheless. Was he really a Celtics fan or made to dress like one?

9. UTAllTheWay

UTAllTheWay Member

I'm not debating the losses. Leaving Douglas in during those games was obviously not the right move.

Tonight leaving Douglas in was the right move. He played well during the 4th quarter... he helped spread the offense out a little more and his defense was solid. Does that mean they would have lost if Lin was in there? Not at all. It just means McHale went with the hot hand and it worked.

That's something I've always liked about McHale.

10. pistol111847

pistol111847 Member

Mark my words - The Rockets will NEVER go anywhere with McHale as coach. They will lose games they should win and be MEDIOCRE!

11. visible

visible Member

totally agree.

12. Sports2012

Sports2012 Member

Of the 3-year contract, Lin is only getting 5 millions for the first year, a little more than 5 mil the second year. Average pay for NBA players is around 3 mil. Moray is really not that dumb.

Anthony Davis is being paid $5,144,280 for his first year.

13. visible

visible Member

no matter what coaches treated Lin, I believe he will continuely do his defensive job which actually make coach or team no look that too bad.

14. just a word

just a word Member

Quote for truth.

Also, Lin admitted post-shootaround that his knee still has swelling:
    http://www.nba.com/rockets/video/2012/12/14/ZOOM0001MOV-2325421

1:30 - "How's your knee been all year, has it been pretty good?"
    Lin: Yeah it’s getting better. It keeps getting better and the swelling’s going down, through time, and uh, y’know, being able to withstand…
    Interviewer: the rigors of the game?
    Lin: Exactly.

What caught my attention is that it’s present tense “going down” instead of past tense “has gone down”.

Knowing Lin, he'd want to play/contribute even if it means his body is getting banged up; just look at him during the Spurs game with the ridiculous block.

I swear, I'd rather have the coaches bench him after ever hard fall/charge or something to force him to take care of his body more. Hell, the Rockets had the game wrapped up with about 5min left, no need to stress out the knee even more after TD hit that 3 right before the last time out. Especially since the Knicks are coming up on Monday after a back-to-back.

15. mirus

mirus Member

He's one willing party,so not sure what's the fun:p
    On a serious note what camera did u use?

16. TTNN

TTNN Member

I thought both Mchale and Simpson are defensive coach, they always emphasis on team defense, and yet they would think TD has better defense than Lin, they suppose to be pros, and know better, don't they?

17. Alex L.

Alex L. Contributing Member

Yeah, they know so much about defense that we're near the top in points scored against us. Pro my @$$!

18. TTNN

TTNN Member

well, capability to coach is one thing, capability to evaluate the players on the court is the other. And the later should be much easier than coaching i suppose?

19. PeppermintCandy

Yes, he didn't get his number called down the stretch, but he contributed 27 solid minutes in a win.

The way you guys go on and on about it, you would think Lin got his fifth DNP-CD in a row.

20. Kerdaboy

Kerdaboy Member

Honestly if Lin is getting benched poor play it is not a big deal. The problem that I have seen from this coaching staff, is the reasons for him getting benched don't match up with what is actually happening.

Today, according to Mchale, he kept toney in the game because he was playing so well...uh douglas had 2 pts and zero assists for a 12 minute stretch going from the 3rd into the fourth. He scored 7 of his 11 points in the last 3 minutes of the game. He also wasn't doing much defending rondo.

In previous games, the coaches had Douglas playing over lin due to better defense, however quite a few people including morey have posted stats to indicate that lin at the very least isn't an inferior defender to douglas...and the actual impact of douglas in game have not been noticable (portland game comes to mind).

Honestly I just don't think this coaching staff is that good. OKC made Durant/Westbrook/Harden work just fine and all three had heavy usage %'s yet our coaching staff can't make adjustments for the only two players that can break down the opponent's defense?

We also have the most horrible offense sets in the world...people just standing along the 3 point line with zero movement play after play...our offense is good in spite of the coaching, not because of it.

Today we got a good win, but think of all of the W's we missed out on because the coaching is so medicore. When did having two players that can break down a defense on the court at the same time become a bad thing? Only here in houston.

1 person likes this.