1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

ClutchFans Game Thread: Celtics @ Rockets 12/14/2012

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Dec 13, 2012.

1. YaoMing#1

YaoMing#1 Member

I never get into this stuff but its getting real hard to come on clutchfans now. We just beat the celtics on national tv freakin espn prime time to be exact. Yet there's ppl (alot of them too) who are complaining cause Lin got benched or whatever. This is stupid this is a Houston rockets website and the best fan site of any sport. I was so excited about getting Lin and still am I think he has a lot of game but his fans have got to be the worst iv ever seen. This was a great team effort the guys really locked down on defense including Lin nobody was shooting well but we stuck together and won the game. Did the Lin fans ever think that Lin himself is a team player and just wants to win for the rockets he's a good guy and I know he wants to be on the court but he also understands that tony d was hot in the 4th and we needed shooting. look at the stats our best player did not shoot well (harden) I read something early in this thread about how player development is more important than winning which is the dumbest thing in ever read on the board whoever wrote that should be banned. The object of the game is too win and if you have a young team like we do, then theirs no better player development then winning. The best thing that could happen to this team and all the young players is to get into the playoffs and as a rockets fan I want us their so bad. The Lin fans don't understand because they just got here, but us rockets fans have had a drout for 3 yrs and would really like to see some post season ball more than another 12-14th lottery pick. It's been really hard the past few yrs after Yao went down but we finally have a superstar we have so much young talent this Is a great time to be a rockets fan. Just for the lin fans coach mchale and Lin are very close they talked every day while he was by his daughters side you ppl are delusional. Nobody in the rockets org is plotting against Lin you guys are stupid.

1 person likes this.
  2. Deckard

Deckard Blade Runner
    Supporting Member

You have 26 posts in this thread, and the only post that wasn't a complaint of one kind or another regarding how Lin was being played, or not played, was where you said "All depends on McHale. If he has a brain freeze we lose... " I'm going to cut you some slack and assume you weren't referring to McHale taking out Jeremy, although you probably were.

Honestly, do you care at all about the Rockets, or simply about Mr. Lin, wherever he plays? I think the answer is obvious.

3. Spiegel

Spiegel Member

Lin had 7 assists so i dont know why LOF's are going beserk. As a PG, 7 assists is a job done and we won.

4. real_egal

real_egal Contributing Member

Oh boy, what are you trying to argue about? D'Antoni has Steve Nash!

Of course I know Lin's potential and am excited about his game, otherwise, why would I pay hiked up price to see him playing in MSG? I am never a Knicks fan.

Lin is paid as a veteran, but in reality, he's still a rookie. You know No. 1 drafts like LeBron didn't get paid 8 million in his second year and third year.

Just saying 25 million is too much for him, makes me a doubter now? LOL, i was called LOF in other occasions. Never mind.

5. pistol111847

pistol111847 Member

Well for all you true "TEAM" fans you should also be horrified to see a guy who scored 38 points a couple of games ago riding the pine in the 4th quarter.
    Don't you think it would be beneficial if a starter who was playing well all game close out the 4th quarter? Or would you rather see him not develop and hurt the team in the future? I'm not saying development at the cost of winning - he's a superior player to TD and gives the team a better chance to win close games.

6. Spiegel

Spiegel Member

Greg Smith is a diamond in the rough.Honestly he cold start for alot of teams and not miss a beat out there. He is a terrefic offensive rebounder, he has that nice hook shot, he plays solid defense and he is quick as a cat.

I got to admit i was tottaly wrong about Doglas, i think he is turning out to be one of the best backup PG's in the leauge. He still mises some easy layups, but he is a terrefic moving the ae on offense and in general is unselfish.

7. Sports2012

Sports2012 Member

The reason why Rockets is only 5-5 even it has been scoring more than 104 points per game is that it is allowing almost 105 points to it's opponents.

The main cause for this I think is the coaches never really appreciate the importance of defense.

Defense skills and efforts are harder to quantify like offense and scoring points. Championship winning coaches know how to appreciate players who have the defensive skills and really put in the efforts doing it.

Lin was left in the bench for the last 9 minutes of the fourth quarter because McHale thought TD was doing well, but in what? TD had scored even less than Lin at that time. He did scored another 7 or 8 points in that nine minutes, but also allowed Rondo to scored another 7 points and put in another 5 assists.

Lin was able to force Rondo to turn the ball over six times, but no more after he was benched.

I don't think the Rockets will make the playoffs or pass the first round when its coaches are assessing their players only from their offensive performance and play rotations based on that.

8. DreamWeaver

DreamWeaver Member

You actually counted his posts. :eek:

A great win tonight but we have the usual feud between LOFs & LOHs. I don't think there is anything wrong with rooting for one player. It's great to have such passionate fans around here.

I thought Lin should've played more tonight. You usually have to have a good reason for benching your starters unless you have a long term plan that doesn't include him. So which is it, coach McHale?

9. pistol111847

pistol111847 Member

I wasn't calling you a doubter - actually I'm pretty sure you aren't. I was referring to the numerous posts (in so many websites) that Lin was payed way too much for 25 games. So who said the world was fair? So professional athletes are paid more than teachers and the President of the United States.
    Point is it's an entertainment industry and Linsanity sells. Besides Lin is a pretty damn good ballplayer and if it wasn't for the idiot coaching system he would be thriving now.

10. UTAllTheWay

UTAllTheWay Member

Yes, I am.

I just don't grasp the concept of being disappointed because one player is sitting on the bench when the Rockets not only won the game without him in the 4th, but also spread the lead in the process.

Call me old fashioned, I guess.

11. M4-Nightvision

Lin did shut rondo down on defense. until the 4th quarter when toney D guard rondo thats when rondo score more points.

12. muas2010

muas2010 Member

I understand your post. However, we all know by Lin's mere hesitations during some post interviews that he has no clues with regards to some of the coaching decisions to bench him. Whatever they are doing is not good for Lin's growth...which is going to directly affect the Houston Rocket's W category in the long run if Lin is in the picture. A win for Lin has always dictated W's in his past if everyone buys into it.

13. real_egal

real_egal Contributing Member

I kind of agree with the first part, and as I said in another post that I was really excited to see Parsons' development and Greg's showing. Lin was constantly looking for them, by the way.

TD being the best backup PG part was joking to some trolling level :D You can't be serious. He started the 4th quarter with 0 assist, and finished it with 0 assist, while you are talking about moving the offense?

He's not a first year rookie, but you never saw him play before, and there is a reason for that.

1 person likes this.
  14. pistol111847

pistol111847 Member

You however:
    a) Don't care about the Rockets because a potentially great team leader is being benched thus hurting the potential of the team
    or:
    b) Are just ignorant about bball and don't see his potential

15. Spiegel

Spiegel Member

He plays a combo role. He does what Crwaford does for the Clippers at a very poorer version. Douglas in he last 6 games is averaging 13 points 3 boards 3 assists at a good clip.Right now he is giving the Rockets a massive boost off the bench.

16. alethios

alethios Member

I really like Lin and hope for his continued success and development into a topnotch point guard, but (through no fault of his own) the GARM has become polarized over him and it's having a tragic consequence to the GARM. I would go so far as to say the GARM has mutated into something else entirely: Lin Actions & McHale Errors or LAME.

17. Spiegel

Spiegel Member

As said i'm not saying he is anywhere near Crawford level, but he plays that role.

18. muas2010

muas2010 Member

For those people out there laughing at Lin being the third spot on the All-Stars ballot...if you watched this game I hope it's not as funning anymore. He was a major factor why the Rockert won the game...the numbers may not show this, but just ask Rondo.:grin:

19. muas2010

muas2010 Member

True. Dejavu all over again. If the Rockets is to go far with this group, TG needs his playing time as well. If he doesn't get enough minutes and Lin goes down due to injurey...Houston is toast.

20. SuperStar

SuperStar Member

If that's all it took, then Raymond Felton should be an all star.

BTW what does your signature mean? You can still be a fluke even if you got paid.