1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

ClutchFans Game Thread: Celtics @ Rockets 12/14/2012

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Dec 13, 2012.

1. loox

loox Member

Why do I get the feeling that Lin and PPat are going to lakers? This is the only rational explanation, if we can make the assumption that the coaches are rational, of why they didn't see much playing time lately.

2. TTNN

TTNN Member

yet in spurs game, coach have no problem take super hot Lin out...........:confused:

3. Ynnis888

Ynnis888 Member

Now I know why Jeremy got benched...he humiliated Rondo. lol

story of the night....

3:00 left on the clock J Lin defended Rondo well and stole the ball

2:44 - JJ Lin blocked Rondo

Timeout

1:25 - JLin assist to G. smith for a dunk

52.2 - Assist to Patterson

33.02 - Assist to G Smith

Half time

Lin got benched.

4. RockingRox

RockingRox Member

That is a very convenient answer. Did the reporter follow that up asking him why he pulled Lin with TD at the 4th quarter of Spurs game when Lin was also playing very well, allowing the Spurs to catch up and win the game?

5. cytrynowa

cytrynowa Member

My gut is telling me this too.

6. pistol111847

pistol111847 Member

Forgot that - very true and it cost them the game. Rockets were up by 9 with 9:50 left in the game and he took Lin out for rest. That was okbut fter 2 minutes and the Rockets now up by 5 Mchale calls time out. But he doesn't put Lin back in! Then 2 minutes later at about 5:50 left in the gme he calls another timeout and puts Lin back in. Problem is the 9 point led is now a tie game. He took out his hottest player who had 34 points for 4 minutes in the 4th quarter!!!

7. instar

instar Member

because players need rest? spurs game, lin was the main go to guy they needed to rest him. it's simple as that.

8. crash5179

crash5179 Contributing Member

No explination needed. He coached to win and with the exception of the 2nd quarter the Rockets controlled the game and won by double digit points. KMac coached an excellent game.

9. PeppermintCandy

Frankly, I think posters who believe McHale has something against Lin, or that Lin somehow felt embarrassed because this was a nationally televised game and he was on the bench, they're being woefully shortsighted.

10. ninamu

ninamu Member

Exactly. MC is a chinese hater. Started with Yao, anyone remembers what he said about Yao when he took over as rox's coach. Next thing you know, Yao decided to retire. Now he is hating Lin.

11. Deckard

Deckard Blade Runner
    Supporting Member

A-****ing-men. It's getting to where even enjoying a win in the GARM is damn near impossible because of all the freakin' idiots who only care only about their pet player, whoever that might be, and not the TEAM. I wish all of you would just go away. Leave Jeremy Lin here, but take your sorry asses and disappear. Oh, and grow up while you're at it.

1 person likes this.
  12. CuriousG11

CuriousG11 Member

Once again, everything I saw out of Lin during the 3rd merited some burn during the 4th. Why did he get benched again? It doesn't make sense.

13. PeppermintCandy

Holy crap I can feel my IQ drop by reading this drivel.

14. Lucky Charm

Lucky Charm Member

Damn, those ESPN commentators were brutal. By the end of the game they were so far up the Celtics' asses, I could hardly hear them...which I preferred.

Good win today, back at .500 :p

Greg Smith...how I love you so. If only Asik had your hands.
    Asik takes a chunk of my soul every time he blows an easy basket. Still in utter confusion why he decides to lay it up only to get blocked when we know he can dunk it with no problem. Drives me crazy.
    Lin was playing very well (minus that one ugly sequence of wild TOs:p) still not sure why he got subbed out so quick in the 1st and why he was eventually benched at the end. Sigh. See this is what Im saying, they don't even let the kid get a feel for the game, they sub him out at the most odd times for no apparent reason. It's like the coaches are more interested in developing Toney than Lin. Crazy stuff.

15. TTNN

TTNN Member

yet Harden never need to rest...... :confused: how long he played in Mavericks' game, with a twisted ankle? I thought he is the foundation of Rocket, longer term.......

16. nono

nono Member

This is what we are all wondering. But since you joined 4 years before us it is safer for you to ask this question on this board.

17. Second_Cousin

Second_Cousin Member

He coaches to win? Fine, of course, since every coach in any sport "coaches to win". The point is, what is the rationale for Lin's benching that McHale thought would lead to a win?

18. pistol111847

pistol111847 Member

He did need rest but after 2 minutes and the a 60 second time out he should have put him back in. He never would have kept Harden out - even when he has a ad ankle and played 45 minutes.

The team could easily have won 3 more games by not benching him in the
    4th Q and OT.

19. ninamu

ninamu Member

**** U the real idiot and the ****ing team for putting Lin down with no good reason. Stop the **** of using the team as an excuse for tearing down a team player.

20. Second_Cousin

Second_Cousin Member

IF that were true, EVERYONE on CF would be dancing for joy.