1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

ClutchFans Game Thread: Celtics @ Rockets 12/14/2012

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Dec 13, 2012.

1. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

I've never smeared Lin.

With that said, I want to talk about the game some.

Greg Smith, if he continues to play like this I think he may actually create a controversy at the 5 spot. Unlike Asik he catches every thing and finishes better. His defense and rebounding is also not bad. They have to find the guy minutes, period.

2. mirus

mirus Member

Pretty much .i dont understand the sentiment frankly,and pardon me if i'm harsh,i think to judge on a player bcos his fans are very annoying is a disgrace to the game itself.i once has this sentiment against yao & melo and i'm heartily ashamed of myself and it becomes a constant reminder to me.
    A great win btw. I was back home when the game ended and i cant believe the rockets won.Pretty much a boost of confidence for this young team.
    For lin I hope it's not his reluctance to shoot got him benched?:confused:

Congratulations again

3. mirus

mirus Member

^^ the hating sentiment on the player bcos of his fans is a disgrace to the game itself.

4. kozmo

kozmo Member

no post game videos tonight?

5. pistol111847

pistol111847 Member

Anyone see the McHale postgame interview? I'd love to hear his explanation for benching his $25 Million starting point guard for the whole 4th Q who was playing well.

6. RockingRox

RockingRox Member

Good point. Maybe he can find some time at the 4. In fact Sampson had tried a little bit of putting both Smith and Asik together on th court.

7. SuperStar

SuperStar Member

Probably the usual "I like what Toney brings defensively."

8. TTNN

TTNN Member

LOL, yeah, let TD beat Felton:grin::grin:

9. PeppermintCandy

I'm happy with Smith and Asik sharing the 5. As I am happy With Lin and Douglas rotating at the 1, regardless of who finishes games.

Having players play 28 to 30 minutes and have them go all out without worrying about wearing down is actually ideal for our roster, especially at the PG and C positions.

10. pistol111847

pistol111847 Member

It would really be amusing to see TD keep bouncing off screens and losing his man except it's hurting the team. How do the coaches not see this???

11. FranchiseBlade

FranchiseBlade Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

It seemed like a winning strategy. I don't think an explanation is needed. I'm happy when Lin or Harden are able to get some rest.

If we'd lost maybe an explanation would be needed.

12. TheChosen01

TheChosen01 Member

The Rockets won, so no one cared, if the Rockets lost, he'll just say Douglas was playing better D even though that is probably a horse load of ****.

13. jscmedia

jscmedia Contributing Member

I hope the h*ll not !

14. manning

manning Member

McHale said he planned on putting Jeremy Lin back in, but Toney Douglas played so well that he made his decision for him.

wtf?
    3 minutes before end of the game,td FIANALLY gets his shots!!
    lin has 5 pts, 7 asst. at half time!
    last time he benched lin,he said td had a better defence....

i don't want to blame on coach...but I can't understand every words he says...

i love all the players on the team...I am happy the Rockets won, but I think Lin isn't a part of the coach's game plan. they are doing a great job destroying Lin's confidence but they didn't try to solve problems...

15. BraveFox

BraveFox Member

exactly my sentiments

16. nono

nono Member

Why not ? Morey gets the player he has always been looking for in Gasol. Gasol will be that second superstar next to Harden and Houston will be one step closer to competing. Lakers get younger and Lin gets to learn from one of the league's best in Gasol. I mean, if you play bench minutes I'm sure you would rather play behind Nash than Gasol

17. jscmedia

jscmedia Contributing Member

No I think they like his game for now. I know I've liked his play the last 2 weeks. The bench is getting it done.

18. pistol111847

pistol111847 Member

Exactly. Well said. Sadly I think Lin's days a re numbered in Houston. McHale has something against Lin. I don't know what it is and I don't understand it but it is undeniably there. Maybe he just doesn't think Lin is a good player - who knows? As a coach he is a mental midget.

19. TTNN

TTNN Member

idk, somehow I feel our coaches are really slow in taking in new data. Like last year somehow the analysis said that Lin is not that good in transition, thus the coaches would like Delfino, Parsons all bring ball up, and yet, Lin improved a lot this season, have much less TO and some really good full court pass, but I don't see coaches realize that, and make any adjustment. Maybe that will be adjusted in next season. :confused:

Somehow to Lin, pretty much Lin's worst play need to be better than anybody's best play to earn him green light, that applies to his defense comparison to TD too. smh

20. split41

split41 Member

Lot's of complaining about Lin in here, so I'd like to give my 2 cents also.

Firstly, happy for the win, the C's are a tough team and I think the way the team played, Parsons and Smith in particular, are great promising signs of the future.

However, in my opinion those saying that just because we won that the Lin benching isn't an issue are being shortsighted. I don't think it takes a rocket scientist to see that Lin was playing better than TD for the majority of the game, sure TD hit some big shots in the 4Q, but his play prior didn't justify his 4Q minutes. I personally think if Lin played the 4Q we also would have won. So main point here tonight Lin>TD.

Secondly, McHale embarrassed Lin in a nationally televised game, which has a few consequences in the long term. Team chemistry takes a hit and Lin's confidence takes a hit.

This kid is still a pseudo-rookie and unless he's dropping 38 points gets benched. Unless Morey plans to trade Lin, Lin's personal development and future with the rocket is being compromised.

I think i'd be hard for the team to build team chemistry without the security of their roles on the team. With the exception of Harden and Parsons, players are getting poorly benched and rotated.

TL:DR - Win = Good. Coaching and Lin benching is shortsighted and possibly damaging team chemistry and development.