1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

ClutchFans Game Thread: Celtics @ Rockets 12/14/2012

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Dec 13, 2012.

1. zdrav

zdrav Member

Front office loves Lin. They're the ones who openly lambasted themselves and the Rockets' coaches for letting go of Lin last season, and they're the ones who risked their reputations by bringing Lin here.

Didn't you see Morey's tweet about how rare it was for an inexperienced player like Lin to have the kind of explosive games he's already had in his short career?

2. roxxy

roxxy Member

LOL today has been a sad day for me man. I am feeling all sorts of emotions right now I apologize in advance for what I may say. Just curious what are your thoughts on everything. I love your posts so would love to get your take.

3. Rockets12

Rockets12 Member

Harden is the better player, yet It's possible Lin makes it and harden doesn't.....

4. zdrav

zdrav Member

That's what puzzles me. The coaches can't honestly think that Douglas is a better PG than Lin. Lin nearly won the game for the Rockets agains the Spurs with the ball in his hands.

Just what the hell is going on here?

5. Roxnostalgia

Roxnostalgia Member

So what happened? The outcome of the game was ruled meaningless because Lin didn't play as much as some of the newer fans would have liked?

Seems like par for the course around the GARM these days.

Lin played well but he's not the story (to me, maybe Im the aberration) tonight. We won! AND we started fast for once! Greg Smith! Parsons! Dare I say...Douglas?

KG does something that gives me pause after the game? Good game.

1 person likes this.
  6. TheChosen01

TheChosen01 Member

Morey is the only member of the Rockets organization (that isn't a player) that is on Lin's side.

7. muas2010

muas2010 Member

How can you perform well when all you do is carry the ball to half court and toss it to Harden? Lin's been shortchanged by the coaches to some degree...

8. nono

nono Member

What if Lakers offer something like Gasol for Lin + Parsons + Smith. Would you guys think Morey will accept something like this ?

9. Rockets12

Rockets12 Member

Happened with Yao the year he was injured and was voted as the starter. I don't exactly remember what happened after, but what was the kind of reaction by rational fans. I agree Lin doesn't deserve an all-star appearance considering all the other better Guards out there

10. wokdwok

wokdwok Member

Best thing about this Rox win is it had a national audience, who also got to see how Lin gets treated when he plays well, benched the entire crunch time!

11. yohimbe505

yohimbe505 Member

And the owner more so than Morey.. no?

12. ChippedToothLin

We got a win... and I think it's still kinda early to be dissecting this Douglas over Lin thing. With more team confidence, this young team grows, not just Lin. That means more assists made and a more fun game to watch, LOF.

I didn't get to watch the game though, where's the highlights!

13. grunky

grunky Member

uh bro... i think something happened today that might contest w that moment:rolleyes:

14. yohimbe505

yohimbe505 Member

No. It would be something like Lin, Delfino, Patterson or Smith.

15. mfastx

mfastx Member
    Supporting Member

Well, they average about 35 a game togther so they usually put up 30+ a night. It's up to the coach to decide when and how long to play a particular player. Some games, Lin finishes it out, some games he doesn't. He made the right call tonight as we won. Lin can still put up points and create with Harden on the floor, he had a bunch of assists in the first half. It's just a matter of confidence for him. Even in the game against SA, Lin wasn't really confident until he hit a couple threes.

16. TEXNIFICENT

TEXNIFICENT Member

NO. Lin's role will change before a knee jerk trade.

17. Rockets12

Rockets12 Member

No. No. No. Horrible trade

18. SuperStar

SuperStar Member

Why So Sad o_O?

19. muas2010

muas2010 Member

Harden is indeed the better player...but does he equate to more wins? That's always a tricky question and will always be an unknown till either of them is out for a long duration. Lin has proven that he can carry a team...Harden we don't know yet.

20. DreamShook

DreamShook Member

LIN HANDLES THE BALL ALL THE TIME AND CHOOSES TO PASS THE BALL!!! HE GAVE THE BALL TO DOUGLAS!

The coaches give the ball to Lin and the minute he passes the timeline he looks for Harden or ANYONE ELSE. Harden sometimes asks for the ball but Rarely. You'll notice Harden sometimes just goes to corner and just lets people do their thing. Even when Harden is out he gives the ball up.