1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

ClutchFans Game Thread: Celtics @ Rockets 12/14/2012

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Dec 13, 2012.

1. D-rock

D-rock Member

Lin and Smith looked sweet tonight. Not going to knock McHale's strategy if Rockets keep winning. I just want to ensure we do upset this team's chemistry.

These guys love playing for one another. If only the Rockets' fans could get it together as well. There are bigger tragedies going on out there people, the bickering is petty.

2. CCM721

CCM721 Member

I believe he was referring to his insulting of all the non-LOFs by calling them hicks because they live in Texas.

3. yohimbe505

yohimbe505 Member

Torocan I didn't read your whole post.. but let me stop you at hello. I'm a Knicks fan I know exactly what happened and when it happened.

But let me do ask you this which will clear up what seems to be a a preemptive disagreement.

What would have happened if Lin decided not to sign the offer sheet? could he have done that? Could he have negotiated with NY instead?

4. RockingRox

RockingRox Member

On the other hand, any true Rockets fans should care about the long term well being of the team, not only 1 or 2 wins here and there. Players are humans. While coaches jobs are to get the wins, they firstly have to get the players to win for him. Yes, the Rockets got the win. What if you pissed Lowry in this game? What if he pissed Lin in this game? What if you pissed the some other guys that are able to contribute significantly? With bad taste in the mouth of some players, your team will never have the chemistry to win big. And if McHale is one of such coach, who care about 1 or 2 wins over long term team chemistry, he can only be a coach for a transition team, but not one for a team ready to win.

And TRUE fans should also look further than their noses.

5. Roxnostalgia

Roxnostalgia Member

http://bbs.clutchfans.net/showpost.php?p=7426369&postcount=17

Along the same vein.

6. jondoe

jondoe Member

Any win is a good win. Hopefully Mchale knows what he's doing. Somehow I doubt it though.

7. JJ23

JJ23 Rookie

8. zdrav

zdrav Member

The Rockets have a backcourt that's individually probably capable of putting up 30+ pts on almost any defense in the league, but can't find a way to play together efficiently.

But instead of tinkering and experimenting to find a way to make this potential bonanza work, the coaching staff seems content to just give everything to Harden and play a 3rd-rate SG like Douglas beside him. Meanwhile, Lin doesn't even get to run the 2nd unit a la Harden with the Thunder.

Is there ANY progress being made?

9. muas2010

muas2010 Member

He was playing well because you don't have stupid rotations to deal with...what these coaches do sometimes is just mind shattering. Either they have a master plan, or just plain clueless....I'm going to give them till the half way point.:grin:

10. cfansnet

cfansnet Member

As they should be. The key player on the Knicks is Melo. He simply would have slacked off if he had to share the spotlight with Lin.

But with Felton (and even Kidd there) Melo can still be "the man." So of course the Knicks want Felton... it's who Melo wants.

That's actually an interesting observation and really makes me wonder about the future of this team.

Except I think Alexander likes Lin too much for it to happen that way, but who knows.

11. kastuul

kastuul Member

This is the last year of TD' contract

Coaches are slowly destroying LIN's confidence.

Lin need some big games to help him make into All-Stars.
    Harden must be picked by the coaches.

12. instar

instar Member

Do you guys think FO is patient enough lin to develop his jump shot?

13. me005

me005 Member

Great game for Smith and Parsons! Amazing eurostep by Harden in the 1Q and only 1 TO tonight. Happy for Delfino finally hitting 3s, but 5TO in 20 minutes was horrible.

If you treat Lin as a back up like Smith, he was putting up big numbers, 5p/7a/3r/1s/2b in 27 mins. Rockets wants to make the playoff and Harden play best with a SG. Douglas 0 assist 11 pts fits just right. Until the coach figure out how to play them together, you will see a lot of Lin on the bench. I do think the coach should rest Harden more and let Lin and Douglas play together like in the Spurs game. Lin should not feel bad as he had a good game and it's up to the coach to communicate it properly before destroying Lin's confidence. This happens to Asik too, he wouldn't be back that soon if it's not the 4th foul on Smith and he will end up playing like 20 mins.

Move on to the next - Raptors!

14. RedRedemption

RedRedemption Member

Lin is not getting voted in.
    If he does, then there will be monumental backlash from RATIONAL NBA fans who know that Lin is definitely NOT all-star worthy with his performance this year.

15. VanityHalfBlack

Calm down, no one is going anywhere...

16. i meow a lot

i meow a lot Member

Lin won't work well with some of the members on the Knicks

17. SuperStar

SuperStar Member

Knicks gave him every reason to believe they are going to match. Did you know remember what Dolan said to him? Or when Woodson met with him over the summer? Besides he would look like an idiot if he went back on Houstons offer and took less money after they told him to go out and get an offer.

18. lfw

lfw Rookie

When Lin and Douglas were in the game and Harden out, Douglas was still handling the ball so I don't know how the coaches view Lin.

19. mfastx

mfastx Member
    Supporting Member

I believe apollo reported the user for calling us "hicks."

20. i meow a lot

i meow a lot Member

This. Fans love Lin more than Melo and Melo hates that