1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

ClutchFans Game Thread: Celtics @ Rockets 12/14/2012

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Dec 13, 2012.

1. peter2012

peter2012 Member

Now I know, Les told coaches they must protect lin to extend his caree. YES!! Calm down everyone.

2. Gil

Gil Member

Hop off Lin's **** already.

If calling me a Knick fan helps you sleep at night so be it.

3. pickymen

pickymen Member

What a touching moment between McHale and Garnett.

4. Rockets12

Rockets12 Member

It depends if we are rebuilding, If we are rebuilding play more of Lin since he has a higher potential, and playing him more will get him closer to that. If we are trying for the playoffs you play whoever is playing better

5. PuzzledFan

PuzzledFan Member

Definitely the player of the game. Except for that monster Smith!

6. roxxy

roxxy Member

They don't want a traditional PG in that position that is what. They want a courtney lee type can defend & hit 3's is what it appears to be. If he hits shots he plays if he doesn't they bench him. If Tony is hitting shots they will play him over Lin because he fits best what they need at that position.

7. Rip Van Rocket

Rip Van Rocket Contributing Member

Wow, you are disgusting. You don't care anything about the team. The Rockets won, and that's what Rockets fans care about. If I had known that Lin would bring you and others of your ilk to this board, I wouldn't have been so excited when the Rockets acquired Lin. Douglas played well coming down the stretch, so I think McHale made the right moves. We won the game and I don't care how we did it or who played the most minutes. I'm a Rockets fan.

8. RedRedemption

RedRedemption Member

I, for one, am not going to pat someone on the back for shooting 40% from the field this season. Maybe, just maybe Lin isn't playing great?

9. Scola4life

Scola4life Member

Does it matter if McHale likes Lin or not?

The GM gives him player to work with. Then he does whatever he wants/think it's best. Lin and Harden overlap. They shouldn't play together. Manu and Tony barely play together. They do in crunch time, but that's because Ginobili can play off the ball a bit. Lin nor Harden can

10. Jetfuel

Jetfuel Member

TD was the best player? Lin played incredible defense on Rondo the entire game. He was a big part of the reason that the Rocket's contained Rondo into having a terrible game. At the time that Lin was benched Tony douglas was 1-6 with 3 points and ZERO assists. As soon as Lin went out, Rondo started scoring points again.

So yes, TD got a streak going in the fourth, that's great for him. But you are the one being irrational and your blind dislike for Lin is making you not see that the way he is being treated by this coaching staff is bad for the rockets as a team and franchise going forward.

11. vcchlw

vcchlw Member

LOF: Why did Mchale bench our hero? He is the center of our universe! I don't care if Rockets win or not. I just want to see Lin playing 35 minutes with good stats!

12. sidestep

sidestep Member

It's a development year. In the big picture, the wins this season don't matter. People who really care about the team should see it in the long term. Maybe the long term is not Lin, but it certainly is not TD. The boxscore doesn't reflect how consistently poor his decision making is, his porous defense, and total inability to facilitate.

This win is nice, but it's player development that really matters. Come next year, you won't give a damn that the Rox beat the Celtics today.

13. Outlier

Outlier Member

Why is it stupid when we were winning with Douglas in the 4th?

Sick of you stupid Lin only fans.

14. nono

nono Member

As I said, go back to realgm where you should be felating Melo right now.

15. iku

iku Member

Hm.. Douglas had 0 assists with 5 turn overs. Lin has 7 assists and less turnovers than douglas.

Stop listening to the media dude.

16. SuperStar

SuperStar Member

Lin cares, his goal is to make the playoffs.

17. zhaizor

zhaizor Member

It's not that I'm not happy for the win tonight, but my point is, is TD the long term developmental point guard or Lin? If you want to develop Lin you have to let him fail sometimes also to learn. It's not easy to gain confidence when your coaching staff doesn't believe in you, and even more so to achieve rhythm. All in all, I believe the Rockets would have won with or without Lin in the 4th anyways.

18. aurocketfan

aurocketfan Member

19. apollo33

apollo33 Member

Didn't read through the thread

How many Lin fans went full r****d again and b****ed and cried about the coaches hating on Lin and only playing Douglas?

20. aesthetics80

aesthetics80 Member

I also noticed how McHale said Harden was the only one who can take his man 1 on 1. The dude flat out doesn't think Lin is any good.