1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Harden or Lin?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Air Langhi, Dec 13, 2012.

Tags:
?

Harden or Lin

1. Harden

55.9%
  2. Lin

44.1%
  1. BigBird

BigBird Contributing Member

So you're saying that we should trade Harden because he is not an MVP caliber player right now? The man is 23 and is the best player on our team. Do you know how difficult it is to get a player that is on the same level talent-wise as Harden?

2. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

Well Anthony Davis isn't one either.

I guess the Hornets should trade Anthony Davis.

3. choujie

choujie Member

I know it's not easy, but just to talk about how a trade might turn out for Rockets team. Lin is not going to land a star player for Rockets at this moment, Harden might.

It doesn't take a shooting guard to trade Harden. The player can be a center, a PF. For example, Howard or Love etc.

An Aggressive Lin with ball in his hands + Howard or Love > Harden + whoever you get from Lin is very likely.

4. trowa2

trowa2 Member

i agree. thats why i said it really depends.

5. choujie

choujie Member

No, that's not my point. You don't trade your best player unless you have the right deal.

My post was replying to the post " whoever picks Lin should be banned." There certain scenarios that Rockets might benefit more by trading Harden.

If the post says" whoever picks Lin over Harden without anything in return, should be banned", then I'm OK with that.

6. choujie

choujie Member

No , I didn't say we SHOULD trade Harden. It completely depends on what we can get from him.

I know it's difficult, but it's not something can't be done. For example, Morey just got Harden this summer.

7. LelWestbrick

LelWestbrick Rookie

Wow. I'm honestly at a loss for words. LOFS gonna LOF. Anyone wanna guess the racial makeup of the people voting for Lin?

Who in their right ****ing mind would take a guy who is at best a solid roleplayer but who has been playing like garbage this season over an actual all-star caliber player who also has friends, respect and connections around the league (for star attracting etc.)?

Anyone voting Lin doesn't know anything about basketball.

8. SuperStar

SuperStar Member

Unless Lin start showing he can be one of the top tier point guards in the league, it wouldn't be much of a combo to pair Lin up with any star compared to Harden. One 38 pt game isn't going to cut it.

9. choujie

choujie Member

If they get Lebron in return, they'd be a fool not to do that.

It all depends.

10. SuperStar

SuperStar Member

You bringing up scenarios that would never happen. No way Miami trades Lebron for anyone.

11. BigBird

BigBird Contributing Member

Yeah I mean if we can get Lebron or Durant for him I'd do the deal. There are a few other exceptions, but this team really wouldn't be going anywhere with a player like Love over Harden. This is a young team and harden is a aprt of the youth. He is playing at this level now, who is to say what he will be like in 2 years. He has the potential to be the best SG in the NBA. You don't get rid of a guy like that for another second tier star, which is likely all we would be able to get for him at max. You have to build around harden considering his youth and talent, not get rid of him.

12. choujie

choujie Member

Well, I agree one 38 games isn't going to cut it. But we already saw what Lin can do when he has the ball in his hands and does his things without deferring too much.

It depends on what kind of value Rockets get. Thinking of trade Harden is not a crime.

13. trowa2

trowa2 Member

i dont think he said it will happen. he is just saying that this question really depends on who we might get using lin/harden

14. SuperStar

SuperStar Member

Do you think it's easier to get Harden for that type of talent or easier to build around him?

15. choujie

choujie Member

It doesn't take a Lebron to get Davis. I bring up the idea just to show almost every NBA team's best player can be traded for the right deal. Rockets is no exemption here.

16. trowa2

trowa2 Member

what do you mean? i dont mind building around him, or using him to trade for the like like lebron or durant.

17. choujie

choujie Member

Unless Harden improves his defense and reduces his TOs(that might happen), I don't think it's that good an idea to build around him completely. He is not a top tier superstar at this moment.

18. SuperStar

SuperStar Member

I mean that you it's extremely difficult to get a proven superstar like Durant and Lebron. Harden is only 23 and already one of the best shooting guard in the league. So if you have to trade one it's most likely will be Lin.

19. choujie

choujie Member

They are a few players you can build around at this moment, Harden is not on the top of the list. Thunders even value him lower than Westbrook.

Will he become one? Hopefully so, but let's see. Before that, he's tradable.

20. SuperStar

SuperStar Member

He still has areas in his game he can improved for sure but dude is already one of the best shooting guards in the league at age 23. You don't have to build around a top tier superstar, it would be nice if you can get one but if you pair Harden with a star or two, Rockets would be a dangerous team.