1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

First Allstar Ballot Results Released

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Carl Herrera, Dec 13, 2012.

1. Lihao

Lihao Member

sound a lot like Romney supporters b****ing about Obama should not get voted as president, he doesn't deserve it.

2. AdrenaLINe

AdrenaLINe Rookie

Kobe is the most popular player in China...

3. AdrenaLINe

AdrenaLINe Rookie

because he is black angle?

4. peter2012

peter2012 Member

He should not feel embarrassed, that is popularity contest, that only proves move people love him based on his personality, humbleness, etc. Though I did not vote him. If I have to vote, I will vote Tim Duncan, he is just classy and skilled. I like ricky too.

5. BigBenito

BigBenito Member

Keep the politics in D&D, please.

6. AdrenaLINe

AdrenaLINe Rookie

does it matter no one really plays in this game anyways... well at least no defense...

does anyone remember Tom Chambers winning the allstar game MVP in 1987

seems to me the other players were letting him shoot and giving him the ball because they were playing in Seattle... his team at the time

7. larsv8

larsv8 Member

Poor Rudy Gay, less votes than Asik

8. Jenopogi

Jenopogi Member

well, at least you have a rocket, it could be someone else out there. for all we know, the lin crowd are adding in to the harden votes. harden over westbrook is sweet already. 2 rockets guard on the top 5 on a team with empty seats at home shows that the rockets are in the radar of casual fans. :grin:

and yeah, lin must go linsane before china votes pour in. he is not yet well established as yao. mainland chinese are not yet on the lin wagon, kobe is still more popular.

9. Grigori

Grigori Member

A friend says that she's read a The-Onion-style article on Sino that says the Chinese are voting against Lin because Lin is American and looks like the stock character archetypal evil eunuch archvillain commonly found in Chinese martial arts cinema.

I believe the Americans and the Australians are to blame for Lin's high esteem.

10. BraveFox

BraveFox Member

Perhaps Asik is better player than him? Asik averages double -double, and Rudy?

11. peter2012

peter2012 Member

If lin will be voted in all star game, it is not because he is asian, it is because people love him. He has fans around the globe.

12. apollo33

apollo33 Member

The Kings just LMFAO @ your offer, why would they give up Cousins for Lin...why would they give up Cousins for 2 Lins or 100000 Lins for that matter.

13. NL Rocket

NL Rocket Member

Wow even with the voting system I didn't expect Lin nor Harden to be that high. I would've expected at least Westbrook, Parker & maybe Mayo ahead of Harden and Lin near the bottom. Who cares why they are so high, with Lin's dunking ability and beautiful rainbow shot, who wouldn't want him in?? Seriously, only in Houston guys b**** about their players getting voted into the ASG!! Be happy for once, ungrateful fans I tell ya..

14. peter2012

peter2012 Member

Even lots of asian girls vote him, so what? Only proves he has lots of fans.

15. BraveFox

BraveFox Member

And they love him because hes good player of course...its not his fault if coaches don't use him or don't know how to use him...he proved against spurs that he is a beast when he plays his position and has the ball -playmaker...how can you be a playmaker without a ball?...there is a saying that many forgets:

FORM IS TEMPORARY-CLASS IS PERPETUAL

Lin is a classy superstar player

16. roxxy

roxxy Member

LOL that is pretty funny. I remember somebody told me on twitter I believe that Lin is ridiculously popular in Australia. Apparently in Australia people only know two NBA players Kobe & Lin, they don't know who LBJ is. I don't know if this is a 100% true though. I know Kobe is insanely popular everywhere. There are some Aussies on this board who could probably attest to the accuracy of my post.

17. peter2012

peter2012 Member

Then dont vote, just use all data from the game. It is more fair, right?

I am happy lin has more fans than others.

18. RedRedemption

RedRedemption Member

No. I am one the biggest Lin fans here. Does he deserve it? HELL NO. Voting this guy in is an embarrassment to Jeremy Lin. Even Jeremy will say he doesn't deserve it.

19. recboil

recboil Member

20. fishguy91

fishguy91 Member

I'd say Lin has more haters than fans in China for some unknown reason. Good thing that they don't have a dislike option in voting or it may offset all the love he got from other places.