1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Official] Texans @ Patriots

Discussion in 'Houston Texans' started by Castor27, Dec 4, 2012.

1. Classic

Classic Member

I agree. Schaub looked 3rd tier last night.

2. ubigred

ubigred Contributing Member

Great reply.

3. ipaman

ipaman Contributing Member

yea i thought the gameplan was fine. schaub, the o-line, wr's, rb's, te's had a collective fail last night. kubiak gave them plays that could have been made but overall the offense as a whole didn't execute.

the only offensive player who played well was 'Dre. but I expect nothing less from the best Texan ever.

4. Hey Now!

Hey Now! Contributing Member

Last night's gameplan looked exactly like every other gameplan. There was nothing *extra* conservative about it. The vast majority of the Texans' pass plays are in the 8-15-yard range. Seven of his first 8 went to a WR, which is "testing" a secondary. As you mentioned, the Patriots' pass rush and (not mentioned) coverage were both very good last night.

5. ROXRAN

ROXRAN Contributing Member

No sense of urgency...my biggest prob.

6. rezdawg

rezdawg Contributing Member

We didnt run nearly the number of play action passes that we usually run...I know we need the running game to be effective, but we have run play actions plenty of times when the running game has struggled. That is usually where we capitalize on big gains in the passing game. Where was OD last night? We didnt go to him nearly enough. The Patriots LBs are terrible in pass coverage and our offense failed to capitalize on the Patriots weakness. Whereas, it seems like Belichick is the king of capitalizing on the other teams weaknesses.

7. ubigred

The interception Schaub threw was the correct read for certain QBs. The problem is the window is very tight. Schaub never looked off the safety.

Point of reference : Rodgers made the same throw in the Super Bowl. It was a very tight window. He beat All Pro Safety Polomalu for the TD to Jennings.

Recap: The read was correct. The pass can be completed. Only by certain QBs.

8. Hey Now!

It was a terrible decision and an easy interception. The safety was sitting on it. There's not a QB on any planet that completes that pass.

9. sugrlndkid

sugrlndkid Member

This spoke volumes about what the vets felt about Kubiak waving the white flag...

Houston didn’t put points on the board until 6 minutes, 12 seconds remained in the third quarter, and the Patriots already had 28 and complete control.

Down four touchdowns at the start of the fourth quarter, coach Gary Kubiak surrendered. His offense didn’t hurry, huddling at its regular pace. Schaub handed the ball off to third-string running back Ben Tate until it was time to punt.

Players stopped short of calling it a white flag, but receiver Andre Johnson and left tackle Duane Brown didn’t love it. They shouldn’t have. It sends a team a bad message to give up at that point. At least go down slinging it.

“I have no control over that,” Johnson said.

“I just line up and do my job,” Brown said. ​

http://espn.go.com/blog/afcsouth/post/_/id/44713/texans-get-a-lesson-in-what-it-takes

10. Hey Now!

It was, more or less, a team benching and they deserved it. Keep in mind, Kubiak usually keeps the starters in - even Schaub to hand-off - regardless of the score.

He wanted to make a point. Again, I heard from a *very* reliable source that the coaches saw this coming. Everything I saw last night and since confirms it. The team was sloppy and didn't execute at all.

My guess is that we'll see a refocused team this week agains the Colts.

11. Uprising

Uprising Contributing Member

One of the worst game I've ever seen them play.

Pathetic.

On all sides of the ball, and on a large stage.

I miss Cushing. :(

I expect a full turn around and stomping of the Colts on Sunday, sort of like the egg they layed against the Packers....which was followed by the ass kicking against the Ravens.

12. Nook

Nook Member

Not going to dwell too much on ONE game against a team that really needed to win and was at home.... concerning the play calling.... you don't start punting in the 3rd quarter down 28 points... and the Texans did not throw into the middle of the field enough. The Pats can score on anyone, but there is no reason the Texans cannot score on the Pats.

13. Hey Now!

Everyone is battling injuries - but they really, really miss him. Given he's not coming back - off the top of my head, it sure feels like the most significant injury in the NFL this year.

14. ubigred

As stated previously, Schaub did not look the safety. He stared his target the whole time.

15. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

I hope it works out

Rocket River

16. Hey Now!

And thus the "terrible decision" tag. If Brady, Rodgers, Montana, Starr - pick a QB -did the same thing, they get picked. No one completes that pass with the safety sitting on the throw.

17. sugrlndkid

sugrlndkid Member

Freaking Arian Foster was wide open...with room to operate...you get the ball to your best playmakers first...make NE adjust...and then to the 2nd and 3rd options...they blanketed players that Schaub loves to throw to...The Walter pick was bc Bill believed Schaub would make that play...thats where he wanted to go...hence why the safety played so far back...that was an easy INT...but if Schaub made the right progression reads...Arian Foster was wide open in the middle...

18. sugrlndkid

sugrlndkid Member

The issue is that these guys make such few terrible decisions...but often times more than not..make really great decisions...and do that a lot, lot more...

Schaub has some really good moments...but for the most part...he is just a good game manager...not a game changer...like the guys you mentioned above...

1 person likes this.
  19. Raven

Raven Member

20. David Stern

David Stern Member