1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Hospital nurse found dead after taking prank call

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by SuperVon, Dec 7, 2012.

1. SuperVon

SuperVon Member

2. heypartner

heypartner Member

Let me see if I get this right:

She transferred the callers to the Dutchess's ward where they divulged patient information on air. So, she commits suicide, because she was likely reprimanded for a breach of patient confidentiality -- and the patient is Catherine. Wow.

From the article:
    Greig, who impersonated the queen, exclaims after the call ends: "She was giving us real information!"

3. RV6

RV6 Member

she probably received death treats or something...i think it has to be more than being reprimanded at work...She was probably flooded with negative reaction, so maybe it was just shame. If you listen to the call, it was two really bad impressions. She had to be really gullible to believe it.

4. REEKO_HTOWN

REEKO_HTOWN I'm Rich Biiiiaaatch!

Yeah, the radio show's Facebook page is getting destroyed right now.

5. moestavern19

moestavern19 Member

I'm sure reddit will be up in arms over this.

6. heypartner

heypartner Member

Isn't somethingaweful.com based in England. I'm sure they have a 1,000-2,000 post thread by now in their General Bullsh!t forum.

7. SuperVon

SuperVon Member

8. pgabriel

pgabriel Educated Negro

she got duped by a prank call, nothing happened other than maybe being reprimanded. yeah she looked like an idiot before the world, but i just don't see it being that depressing if i were in a similar situation.

9. AroundTheWorld

AroundTheWorld Insufferable 98er
    Supporting Member

What do you mean "were" :p

As to the nurse, very sad, but I don't think the radio show hosts should be crucified over this. It seems like a normal, harmless prank call and she might have taken it way too seriously.

10. pgabriel

pgabriel Educated Negro

well i can tell you i'm still here.:)

11. heypartner

heypartner Member

What's weird is the article says she isn't even the one who divulged the patient information. She simply transferred the call. Maybe her job is to screen and verify identity of first family members, and the nurses in the ward expect the caller to be screened, and thus, legit.

12. Prince

Prince Member

i won't be surprised if they are returning the prank to the DJ's.

13. percicles

percicles Member

That one chick, Carrie Reichert, who partied with Prince Harry in Veges was arrested within hours of going public, she was locked up for allegedly bouncing £13,000 worth of cheques and spent almost a month in one of the toughest prisons in the US.

14. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

Very Blaming the Victim

Who gets to decide which pranks are harmless and which are not

I am sure those kids 'cyberbullying' the other kids. . think of it as harmless pranks

Rocket River

15. AroundTheWorld

AroundTheWorld Insufferable 98er
    Supporting Member

Not blaming her. Just saying one should not blame the radio hosts for her death either. It was a joke!

16. LC Rox Fan

LC Rox Fan Member

Wow she killed herself? I heard about the guys on the radio a few days ago, but definitely did not see things escalating this far that she had to commit suicide...It's like some samurai story where she kills herself because she dishonored the hospital :eek:

17. gatsby

gatsby Member

Yes, many are referring to it as an "honor suicide" sadly.

18. Jontro

Jontro Member

Damn. Regardless if the nurse was gullible or the hosts were at fault, it really gotta suck being them right now. Have someone's death be directly connected to you.

19. ROXRAN

ROXRAN Member

Pranks is so close to bullying. It leads to suicide, it is negative and it should stop. As a society we need to be better..

20. Like A Breath

Like A Breath Member

I'm not one of those people crucifying the "wacky" radio DJ's that did this prank, but I do hope that this leads to the death of the prank call as a radio crutch.

They are lazy, stupid, and only serve to humiliate people. The hosts claim that they didn't think they would ever be transferred over, so this means that their idea for a funny bit is to call the hospital and get hung up on immediately?

They should lose their jobs just for being awful at entertainment.