1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Luck vs. RG3

Discussion in 'Football: NFL, College, High School' started by SK34, Dec 2, 2012.

?

LUCK or RG3

1. Luck

45 vote(s)
    46.9%
  2. RG3

51 vote(s)
    53.1%
  1. Major

Major Member

They also had a terrible QB last year. Most teams would have been terrible with Curtis Painter at QB - after all, the talent on last year's team was otherwise basically the same as the Colts the previous year outside of QB. And they did much better (going 2-4) when they switched to Dan Orlovsky (!) as QB. At that pace, they'd have had basically the same record as the Redskins with Rex Grossman.

2. t_mac1

t_mac1 Member

B/c Curtis Painter isn't Andrew Luck. You really think if Curtis Painter replaced Brees he would be throwing as much also?

They're not 8-4 b/c they want Luck to get reps. They need Luck to throw to win b/c like I said, their running game is inconsistent at 17th in the league, which is below average.

An example: Brady usually throws 550+ times. Cassell replaced him and threw 327 times. There's a reason Brady throws that much and Cassell threw that much in that replacement year.

3. pgabriel

pgabriel Educated Negro

as great as peyton manning is i will always take the laser like precision of a farve or marino or elway or my favorite steve young. It may not be the be the best argument but its what i love to watch. I love watching stafford throw the ball i love watching eli over peyton and i love the way the ball comes out of griffins hands. When vick is accurate its beautiful. Warren moon had it.

4. pgabriel

pgabriel Educated Negro

its that zip on the ball. I still love watching octavio dotel. That whip motion pedro martinez and nolan ryan have. Even drew brees who doesnt have a strong arm has zip on his passes. It adds to the accuracy its precision.

5. DonnyMost

DonnyMost Member
    Supporting Member

Manning has a better comp % than every single one of those guys.

Probably the quickest release in the NFL, in his prime, and damn good arm strength.

Marino is the only guy who comes to mind when it comes to Peyton's throwing motion, but he didn't come close to Peyton's accuracy.

Griffin doesn't have a quick release, but he has a total cannon. Which makes his accuracy and turnover numbers insane.

6. Major

Major Member

Of course he wouldn't - but it wouldn't because the team suddenly sucks. It would be because *he* sucks. The Colts don't throw all over the field because they suck - they throw all over the field because they trust Luck to do so.

I don't see how this is an example - Brady doesn't throw 550 times because New England sucks otherwise (as demonstrated by what they did with Cassell throwing less). They throw that much because it's their best way of winning.

Besides, I don't even know what this is all supposed to prove. Luck throws a hell of a lot more than RG3 and puts a lot more on his shoulders. He also performs much worse per play and his team scores less. So what does that show? If you get a lot of responsibility but aren't as good at it, does that mean you're better than the guy that has to do less but accomplishes more?

It's two different styles - neither is better than the other. If you flipped the two, you'd probably have similar results between the two teams.

7. pgabriel

pgabriel Educated Negro

i respect manning for the time and effort he puts into preparation. Its what puts him in the greatest of all time arguments. Who knows what vick could have accomplished had he done eighty percent of that. But i love to watch vick throw its just prettier and it griffin from luck with me.

8. SkyrimOwnsAll

SkyrimOwnsAll Member

I was watching the game last night, and they basically said RG3 according to SportsScience has one of the quickest releases ever documented.. its on par with Aaron Rodgers

9. DonnyMost

DonnyMost Member
    Supporting Member

I don't see it. His windup is long. Especially since he throws on the run a lot, which isn't conducive to speed. The ball gets there in a hell of a hurry, though. His soft touch passes don't take a while, but that's not his bread and butter throw.

10. Air Langhi

Air Langhi Contributing Member

The NFL is the league of mediocrity where even the worst team isn't that far from being first. It isn't as rare as you think.

The dolphins went from 1-15 to 11-5.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_National_Football_League_teams_that_finished_last_before_first

http://www.thebiglead.com/index.php...-last-place-to-1st-place-who-does-it-in-2012/

11. G Zus Kryst

G Zus Kryst Rookie

n Indy got much worser wit a free agent Exodus out ov there...........Luck haz won more wit a harder schedule......

12. DonnyMost

DonnyMost Member
    Supporting Member

The Colts schedule is harder this year than last year...?

13. SkyrimOwnsAll

SkyrimOwnsAll Member

i trust the guys at SportsScience over your opinion brah

14. G Zus Kryst

G Zus Kryst Rookie

hardr than skinz.........i like bofth RGIII and Luck but Luck has won more n takes less hit

15. SkyrimOwnsAll

SkyrimOwnsAll Member

I think both RG3 and Luck would rather have a SB ring than a measly Rookie of the Year award

Griffin even openly said he doesnt care about the award.. he is aiming for something bigger, both are. They are special talents and QB's the NFL will have for the next decade

16. G Zus Kryst

G Zus Kryst Rookie

i think dis is da most borin compare ever.........tons of yung QBz to talk about....bofth of deez guys will be good.....

17. Haymitch

Haymitch Custom Title
    Supporting Member

BJ Coleman vs Chandler Harnish

Your take, G Zus Kryst?

1 person likes this.
  18. DonnyMost

DonnyMost Member
    Supporting Member

I have no doubt that under ideal circumstances (in the sportscience lab), he can throw the ball quickly. Problem is, that's not how he throws the ball most of the time in the game.

Can you link to this info, Fus Ro Brah?

19. SkyrimOwnsAll

SkyrimOwnsAll Member

Cant seem to find it right now

when they release the sportscience episode on RG3, then you will see it. Tirico talked about his speed with AP, and his release on par with Aaron Rodgers.

If you missed it im sorry, but i wouldnt lie about that