1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Luck vs. RG3

Discussion in 'Football: NFL, College, High School' started by SK34, Dec 2, 2012.

?

LUCK or RG3

1. Luck

45 vote(s)
    46.9%
  2. RG3

51 vote(s)
    53.1%
  1. t_mac1

t_mac1 Member

Most pass attempts in a season is 691 by Bledsoe in 94 (43 attempts per game) - had a game that year where he threw a record 70 times damn.

Andrew Luck has thrown 503 passes this year (41 attempts per game). He's hit 50 attempts 2 of the last 3 games so it may not be surprising he can break Bledsoe's record with 4 games to go and Indy is trying to win every game.

Most for a rookie??? 590 attempts by Bradford (36 attempts per game).

Peyton Manning's rookie year? 575 attempts.

Like I said, what Indy is asking of Luck to do is what a team would ask a veteran QB to do. They're not treating him like a rookie one bit.

2. SK34

SK34 Member

You also have to take in account that RG3 can play in the Pocket. He does a hell of a job playing in the pocket. After that concussion, he gathered his team around and apologized. He is a bright minded player. He knows what he does will be prone to concussions but he has shown that he can manage playing in the pocket. I don't think he will be injured that much.

Look at Michael Vick, that dude only runs and that is about it. He can't really pass in the pocket and with great accuracy. RG3 can pass and run like vick. That is just terrifying.

3. pirc1

pirc1 Member

Actually Luck can also run very well, I bet if he wants to he can get a lot more yards on the ground, but he is very smart and don't want to run unless there is a clear lane (I am sure the coaches told him to not take risks).

4. rockbox

rockbox Around before clutchcity.com

RG3 is a better runner than Luck. He is a better passer(slightly) than Luck. He makes better decisions than Luck. I can't think of one thing Luck is better at other than being tall.

5. Depressio

Depressio Member

Luck will be better.

RG3 is likely to fall off in a similar fashion to Cam Newton and will be undeniably injury-prone with how he plays.

6. bigtexxx

bigtexxx Member

when he stops running so much later in his career (after he gets concussed multiple times) he could lose effectiveness in the pocket, as the defense no longer has to scheme for his running

7. Major

Major Member

Cam Newton QB Rating 2011: 84.5
    Cam Newton QB Rating 2012: 85.8

Virtually identical yards per game, yards per rush. Better TD/INT ratio, and yards per attempt. The only thing that has gone down is rushing TDs.

RG3 QB Rating 2012: 104.6

If he has the same fall off as Newton, he'll be one of the best players in the NFL again next year.

8. Shaud

Shaud Member

So why is RG3 prone to fall off like Cam Newton? Did people even watch Cam last year and Griffin this year? They aren't even alike

9. SK34

SK34 Member

Newton is horrible. How can he lead a team when his attitude isn't right. When the team is doing horrible, he should have gotten his team together.

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/oHlubc-kNsY" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

10. sugrlndkid

sugrlndkid Member

Cam and RG3 are really not alike...RG throws such beautiful deep ball passes...often in stride...he is gonna have a great NFL career...

11. pirc1

pirc1 Member

I hope this will be magic and bird part ii.

12. SK34

SK34 Member

the offense they can run with Rg3 is amazing. He fumbled and took some hits but he gets up.

13. Kim

Kim Member

They're both great.

14. TheRealist137

TheRealist137 Member

RG3 beat the defending super bowl champs today. Skins would be 8-4 too if they played Colts schedule.

15. wizkid83

wizkid83 Member

I actually just looked at the stats, Cam Newton isn't getting as much TD passes but he's also getting less Int. All in all, he was the same player last year. He isn't a bad player but new he needs to take the next step.

I just think with Griffin and Luck in the league, people are paying more attention to them than Cam, which might be a good thing for him.

16. solid

solid Member

I really like both of them. They are quality people and exceptional talents. I just wish Luck wasn't in our division.

17. macalu

macalu Member

I sure hope it's not Bird/Magic 2. The Colts need to be in a decade of futility.

18. juicystream

juicystream Member

How can you choose?

I think RG3 has been better, but he also has the better surrounding, IMO.

You also can't deny how brilliant Luck looks at the end of games.

With Luck, you see why ESPN developed their Total QBR, because he is way better than his traditional rating.

I'll side RG3.

19. sammy

sammy Member

RG 3 has made less mistakes. He rarely throws picks.

I'll take RG 3. He has done more with less talent around him.

20. DonnyMost

DonnyMost Member
    Supporting Member

The Colts roster was pretty much stripped down to the studs this past season.

The real difference here, as someone pointed out, is the schedule.

Amen to that. They are due some suffering.