1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Detroit Pistons ceiling this year.

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by tchou, Nov 29, 2012.

1. tchou

tchou Contributing Member

Pistons just handed a 40 point whooping to the Phoenix Suns.

Granted the Suns aren't the greatest of teams, but the Pistons have been definitely been showing that they're better than what their 5-11 record indicates. Their offensive spacing and defensive rotations have improved. Monroe's a stud. Brandon Knight has been making smart decisions on when to drive, dish, and shoot. Monroe's a stud. Andre Drummond has been a fantastic surprised who will only get more minutes. More importantly their team is starting to look like mid-season form. And their bench is a consistent solid producer.

IMO, they definitely look play-off bound. I think they have the potential to be #5 seed in the East this year.

2. MambaJoe

MambaJoe Member

Not much and back to the lottery. The Suns aren't a good team and just happens to have a really terrible game and the Pistons happen to have all cylinders fired up tonight.. Both are bad team but one team just happens to be on their best game and one team happens to be on their worst night.

3. DonatasFanboy

DonatasFanboy Member

i don't know about the playoffs this year, they have a shot. but they are definitely in a great shape going forward. Max cap space incoming too. Dumars has does a great job, considering the ownership situation over the last few years.

You could see all along how talented they were, even when they were losing. They just had no cohesion.
    Stuckey off the bench has been a hit. Drummond mitigates Vilaneuva's defensive suckage. Their bench makes sense now.
    And long term talent is there, which is all that matters atm.

4. DonatasFanboy

DonatasFanboy Member

done*

5. nono

nono Member

Their ceiling is the floor.

1 person likes this.
  6. jvu

jvu Member

FIFY ;)

7. jbasket

jbasket Member

Did you see them play against us twice? They are bad, and it would be an embarrassing for the league to see them make playoffs.

8. OremLK

OremLK Member

Pistons are better than people thought. They started out with a tough schedule. They've got some talent on that squad and I wouldn't be surprised if they outplay Charlotte in the end. Still probably a sub .500 team, just like Charlotte will be, but not in the top 3 worst in the league. That honor belongs to Washington, Sacramento, New Orleans...

9. OremLK

OremLK Member

Detroit looked worse than they are because the Rockets are better than ClutchFans thinks.

10. DonatasFanboy

DonatasFanboy Member

and they are 5-3 since and nearly beat the OKC. They have talent. They had no defense, but it's improved a lot.

11. tchou

I have, and I will say they definitely look better these recent games than when we played. Two most notable improvements are spacing and defense. I'm not really a stats guy, but I'm sure there's something metric out there to justify my claims.

12. coachbadlee

coachbadlee Member

This.

13. jbasket

jbasket Member

I see yall's point, but they are still what, 5-11? Not seeing the 5th seed in the playoffs. They play no defence.

14. tchou

I thought their defense has been quite good. Of course everything I'm saying comes with the disclaimer "as of late."

Their last 3 wins, they've held opponents to FG%: 34.1%, 42.4%, and 41%

15. jbasket

jbasket Member

Who did they play against?

16. asmith8266

asmith8266 Member

They have an awful team and an awful coach. They're gonna suck for years.

17. daeyeth

daeyeth Member

are u guys kidding me? they're 5 and 11. the pistons suck.

18. tchou

Bottom rung teams, but if they were also an accurately bottom rung team, would they not have sucked equally as much?

19. tchou

Like I've said. They are better than their record indicates. Not saying they're even in discussion for top 3 seeds. But potentially 5-8 seed in the east isn't out of the question.

20. LCAhmed

LCAhmed Contributing Member

I dont see them getting into the playoffs. Not this year atleast. If their young core can start building chemistry they look scary for the future (on paper)