1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Chandler Parsons star potential!!!

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by texansalltheway, Mar 11, 2012.

1. Arthurprescott2

GREAT comparison. Very similar numbers to "Big Shot Rob" and we know that Parsons has already hit clutch shots in his young career.

2. don grahamleone

You are in love with mediocrity. I can't stand the stuff that comes out of your posts. It's full of defense and this is good enough.

(I'm definitely not saying I can't stand you, I'm sure you can hang)

Greatness and rising up does not include waiting for lightning to strike. Jordan and Hakeem and Bird and Magic and Wilt and Oscar and Isaiah and Russell didn't look at themselves and say, 'wow, I'm perdy good'. They worked to improve their games and defy what people thought again and again.

We all know that this is a two star league. We have one in His Beardness. Chandler can be that second, but there is a lot in his game that is missing. Defense does not make you an all-star unless you're DPOY over and over.

If he's going to be the man, he has the go out there and be it. The jury is still hung. That's why we have this thread.

3. apollo33

apollo33 Member

Chandler is my favorite player on the team, but I don't think he will ever be a second option on a championship team. I hope we sign a player of Harden's caliber and Chandler be the 3rd or 4th option

1 person likes this.
  4. don grahamleone

I hope you are wrong and Chandler develops into a stud GM's envy, but I appreciate your honesty. Gotta love hope!

5. MambaJoe

MambaJoe Member

Parsons does have star potential. Not a superstar but an all star caliber player. He is the Rockets defensive leader and the 2nd best offensive player. Also, he can get you around 7-9 rebounds, a few steals, and a couple of assists.

His game is growing in front of all of us right now. Even though his Steals average isn't that high, he has knock away so many lose balls from opponents which lead to fast breaks. Its amazing how many teams had passed on him in the draft. Who would have known that a 2nd year player that was drafted in the 2nd round would be 3rd in PPG for his class, only behind two scoring PG that were lottery picks.

I'm happy that the Rockets found a diamond in the 2nd round. Its crazy how some fans would still rather trade him right now for a declining Pau Gasol... I really don't know what they're thinking.

6. MambaJoe

MambaJoe Member

You're right, Chandler isn't good enough to be an 2nd option on a championship team. All 2nd option players on contending teams right now are all Superstars. Chandler Parsons is a great player and he can be an All Star caliber player. He would be great as an 3rd option.

Parsons is a special kind of player. He would give you the Shane Battier type defense, grab you around 7 rebs and score around 16-20 ppg. The Rockets still need one more young star player that will demand the defense's attention like Harden and create for himself and others.

If Parsons was a 3rd option, he will be an nightmare to a lot of teams. The fact that he could lock down their best wing player and then come back and put up nice scoring numbers. He can also be a playmaker down the road when his game improves. Though Parsons can't be the 2nd best player on a contending team, but he can be one of the best 3rd option for a contender. He's still young and improving. His game will grow even more and so will the Rockets. Our core with Harden, Lin, Parsons, and Asik are only getting better and better as time goes on.

7. Carl Herrera

Carl Herrera Member

8. sgl_carlos

sgl_carlos Member

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p>MRI on Chandler Parson's right shoulder confirmed a right shoulder strain. He is listed as day-to-day. Sat out Wednesday in OKC.</p>&mdash; Jonathan Feigen (@Jonathan_Feigen) <a href="https://twitter.com/Jonathan_Feigen/status/274336304844640257" data-datetime="2012-11-30T02:17:26+00:00">November 30, 2012</a></blockquote>
    <script src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

9. jose

jose Member

I think it's a good comparison. Josh Howard in his prime was a great player on those Mavs teams, he would be one of the players I'd notice first often times.

If Parsons could improve and maintain that level of play I'd be very happy and he'd be allstar worthy.

He is already on the cusp.

10. Geronimo

Geronimo Member

Gerald Wallace maybe?

11. teebone21

teebone21 Member

Star players are made by the,media not by players performance

12. Nook

Nook Member

Chandler Parsons reminds me the most of Detlef Schrempf.

13. BraveFox

BraveFox Member

[​IMG]

14. onreego

onreego Member

He better start working on those putback dunks and get some ESPN time then.

15. rockbox

rockbox Around before clutchcity.com

I made that comparison last year. However I doubt Parson will ever have the shot blocking ability Horry had. On the flip side, I think Parson isn't as complacent as Horry was. I think he wants to take the leadership role, and desire is half of the equation. I would take a less lazy Robert Horry any day of the week and I'm sure guys like Pops and Jackson would say the same.

16. RedRacer

RedRacer Member

17. BeeBeard

BeeBeard Member

He's wearing that hair high and tight. No Chandler bangs.

18. Hard Rock

Hard Rock Member

let's take a look of the 2nd option among contending teams:
    OKC: 2nd Westbrook 3rd K-Mart
    Heat: 2nd Wade 3rd Bosh
    Spurs: 2nd Duncan 3rd Ginobli
    Lakers: 2nd Howard 3rd Gasol/Nash
    Celtics: Pierce/Rondo (don't know who's 1st who's 2nd)
    Memphis: 2nd Gay 3rd Gasol

there's no way we can contend with only Parsons being that "2nd"

19. OremLK

OremLK Member

Not now, anyway. I suppose the argument is that eventually he could become a legit star level 2nd option if he reaches his peak potential. I'm not sure I agree with that, but that's what some people are saying, that he has a high ceiling and some more developing to do.

Personally I see Parsons peaking more as a glue guy who does a little bit of everything, ala Luol Deng. More of a #3 option than a #2 option. Still a great piece, but yeah, I'd like to see us get somebody with a little more offensive game to complement Harden/Parsons/Asik.

20. BraveFox

BraveFox Member

dont worry we have Asik top 5 center with his ceiling being who knows where....