1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Pau Ga****

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by supdudes, Nov 28, 2012.

1. supdudes

supdudes Member

The first ever game I watched was of Nick the Quick. I was eleven, and that was what spurred me on to love the game.

Glad you found that amusing tho.

2. Asian Sensation

Isn't he the guy they acquired for Vladdy Deevots?

3. supdudes

supdudes Member

Dragic is a capable guard, Martin is a capable scorer, and Scola is a beast of a blue-collar guy. The thing you love about these guys are their attitude. Even on off-games, they'll still try to contribute on other ways.

Gasol just looks gassed half the time. For a guy that's supposed to be your primary big, he doesn't put up help D, doesn't rebound, and doesn't demand the ball. Most of the time he just stands outside the key and shoots a 15 footer. If that doesn't fall, he'll give less and less effort as the game wears on.

In fact his game right now resembles YI. Yeah, I said it. YI F'ing Jianlian....who btw shat on team Spain's matador D in the Olympics...Guess who defended Yi?

4. rocketblood713

I think now is a perfect time to get Gasol to play by Asik you get the offense from Pau and the defense and banging from Asik and then if they double Pau you have Harden lin and Pasons open ...

5. R0ckets03

R0ckets03 Contributing Member

Good I hope its contagious. **** the Lakers.

6. Dat Dude

Dat Dude Member

It would at least be interesting to see what a phone call between Morey and Kupchak would consist of right now regarding Gasol. I honestly don't think you would have to give up too much to get him...

7. makman

makman Member

I can't stand Gasol, whines to the refs after every play. Just doesn't have it anymore. With that said I'd offer Patterson for him straight up and that's it, no that wouldn't happen but that's his value.

8. supdudes

supdudes Member

At this point, a deal that trades Gasol for ____ and Parsons would do both teams a favor. Don't think LA would pull the trigger even with Parsons, but its worth a try.

Gasol can be a 3rd fiddle for the Rockets, and as long as the core of Harden and Lin stays intact and the young players improve, we'll be fine.

9. Raven

Raven Member

Gasol wouldn't be happy in Houston. It was a bad trade from day one, and I am happy that Stern blocked it, and trading for him now would even be a bigger mistake.

10. BigBenito

BigBenito Member

So, rant and rave against Gasol, and then say Houston should trade for him for the betterment of both teams?

SURE!

11. bratna8

bratna8 Member

Trade him for D-Mo straight up.

I wouldn't even give them PPat straight up right now.

12. DudeWah

DudeWah Member

I honestly think Dwight Howard is incredibly overrated and that Gasol is the better of the two players.

13. supdudes

supdudes Member

I said he'd be ok as a third fiddle. Mentally, he's just not strong enough to be good in LA now. Being in Houston would be fine, because there's less expectations.

Is he still playing like trash and on the decline? Absolutely.

But should the Rox take him if the deal was cheap enough? Absolutely, because even a mild improvement at the 4 is an improvement.

No brainer why it would be better for the Lakers

14. pippendagimp

pippendagimp Member

**** that whiny douche, and his trick ass team too :)

15. da_juice

da_juice Member

That's the biggest difference between Kobe and Mike. Yeah, MJ was an ******* and uber competitive, but Mike was a leader. Kobe just isn't. In this regard, Wade is closer to MJ than Kobe is (although Kobe's psyche and game style are closer to MJ than Wade's our).

16. jtr

jtr Contributing Member

Let Gasol go please. He would have been great for the team last year. But he has no place on the Rockets roster this year. Different times. Different direction.

17. jayhow92

jayhow92 Member

Amnesty candidate?

18. MambaJoe

MambaJoe Member

Are you serious? Yea Scola and Goran no longer with this team but if Morey had traded them for Gasol, the Rockets would be stuck with his big contract. K-Mart was an expiring contract but he's one of the reasons we got James Harden. If the Rockets got Gasol, the Rockets would be paying him 19 mils this year and they would probably never got Harden.

19. gambingo

gambingo Member

i would still want him on the team. PPat for Gasol?

20. MambaJoe

MambaJoe Member

If the deal is cheap enough? Gasol is a decent player but he's declining fast. Plus he's making 19 mil this year and due 19.285 mil next year. I don't think that's cheap for the production he's bringing.

In order for the Rockets to get Gasol, they have to give up a lot to make it work. If people complains about Lin's contract, Gasol's is much worse. The fact that you have to pay Gasol almost 40 mil in 2 years for his declining production, its unbearable.

That's the reason why the Lakers have been trying to trade Pau since the beginning of last year. He's declining fast and seem disinterest in the game. This year, I think it would be much harder for the Lakers to trade Pau because everyone knows how much he had decline. I think no one wants to pay a player 38 mil in 2 years when he's barely making an impact on the game at all. If he was an expiring contract, then it might be a different story.

I am glad that Stern denied that trade last year because the Rockets would have been stuck with that contract and a bad player altogether. The Rockets are going in the right direction by going young and after young talented players with bright futures.