1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Comcast SportsNet Houston -- Current Providers

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Oct 10, 2012.

?

Who do you blame for the unavailability of Rockets games/CSN Houston?

1. Mostly CSN Houston (Partially owned by the Rockets)

555 vote(s)
    55.2%
  2. The TV Providers (Direct TV, AT&T, etc.)

114 vote(s)
    11.3%
  3. Both Sides Equally

337 vote(s)
    33.5%
  1. danielcp0303

danielcp0303 Member

2 people like this.
  2. Sofine81

Sofine81 Member

I hate it. I am a die hard rockets fan living in Houston. I haven't been able to watch 1 game.

This is the 1st time in 20 years that I haven't watched rockets ball.

It isn't by choice of course:(

3. IBTL

IBTL Member
    Supporting Member

Sure it was the raptors and knicks but I'm at the part where I am not even watching games at all. I was there at the championship parade when rockets won ..and was there when we had tim breaux and not much else.

Overall interest is fading FAST.

yeah the streaming is simply unacceptable. I watched black and white with rabbit ears in 3rd world with better reception.

4. DAROckets

DAROckets Contributing Member

The real kicker is that over half of your tv bill is already from sports related fees and licenses.It really sucks when that's the case and you can't even watch the home town team.Some people don't watch any sports at all but it still takes up half their monthly bill.

5. thadeus

thadeus Contributing Member

Excellent. Repped.

Comcast Sportsnet Houston should not be allowed a moment of rest on the internet. Get their Facebook, get their wikipedia, get their Twitter, don't let them forget for a single second that they're assholes.

6. danielcp0303

danielcp0303 Member

I went to the Rockets website and clicked the chat icon at the top right of the screen, it's just some ticket rep that you're talking to...but I made it clear how unhappy I am since I can't watch them on tv. He told me to "be patient and positive"...boy was that the wrong thing to say

7. ipaman

ipaman Contributing Member

I used to plan my day to make sure I was able to catch the game, if I couldn't it would ruin my day, even worse if they lost. Bottom line was I couldn't live without my Rockets.

Now, I've gone cold turkey (not 1 game) due to CSN and I'm learning I CAN live without it.

Overall this situation has definitely tempered my fandom.

8. DAROckets

DAROckets Contributing Member

We should bombard every Rockets organisation and Howard Chen tweet with our displeasure.

Not the tweets from players or about personnel issues but all the fluff and advertisement type tweets.

9. jimmyv281

jimmyv281 Member

Im sorry, but I will never switch to Comcast. Direct tv will prevail!

10. Nero

Nero Member

The annoying thing is that STUPID commercial - 'Dude, it's not your remote!'

I would like to personally poop on the head of the moron who came up with that commercial.

1 person likes this.
  11. EssTooKayTD

EssTooKayTD Contributing Member

You're into that type of thing huh? Whatever floats your boat man.

12. jimmyv281

jimmyv281 Member

[​IMG]

13. jvpham4

jvpham4 New Member

Where is the chat option on AT&T's crappy website?

14. danielcp0303

danielcp0303 Member

15. GMNot

GMNot Member

Thought I'd check-in about this issue and noted this link. Seems like there are no more genuine negotiations at this point.

Don't know if this is valid, but here's a link in answer to "What is the email address of Brian Roberts (CEO) of Comcast?" If we also had email addresses for some folks at the Rockets we could make a bit of noise in both places.

In trying to find contacts at the Rockets, I find this, but you have to sign up to get the info. I'm skeptical of that. Should be public information. But it's a pretty comprehensive list of employees. Further surfing with names might yield results. If I find any I'll come back and add a post. (There's always the official feedback page, too.)

Here's another resource for "names." It's older (08-09) but I'd bet most of these people are still there. Maybe we could call and chat with a few of them, or worst case leave VM. ;) I've always felt a measure of satisfaction knowing someone could hear the frustration in my voice. Much better than email. Knowing the names should allow for getting to them via the automated directory by last name, at least. Or just asking the operator for the person(s) you pick off the list(s). The more who get the VM's the better, right?

Finally, with the lists of names, there is always snail mail, too. Type-written and/or hand-written letters carry a lot of weight.

Toyota Center
    1510 Polk St
    Houston, TX 77002
    Neighborhood: Downtown
    (713) 758-7200

The way I see it, if someone on one side or the other isn't willing to give concrete info. (meaning $ and ยข) as to why they think they are not being negotiated with fairly, then they'd probably be embarrassed by their position. (And I'm referring to DirecTV and Comcast in this instance.) If anyone finds a good contact, invite them to post their case in this thread.

Despite protestations that this is out of "their" (Rockets) hands, does anyone really believe that if someone at the top level of management in the Rockets called up someone at the top level of Comcast that they wouldn't be listened to?

If you are inclined, fire away. :) If nothing else it's another avenue for venting frustration. And who knows...?

16. GMNot

GMNot Member

Oops! Forgot the link in this paragraph...

Here's another resource for "names." It's older (08-09) but I'd bet most of these people are still there. Maybe we could call and chat with a few of them, or worst case leave VM. I've always felt a measure of satisfaction knowing someone could hear the frustration in my voice. Much better than email. Knowing the names should allow for getting to them via the automated directory by last name, at least. Or just asking the operator for the person(s) you pick off the list(s). The more who get the VM's the better, right?

17. OremLK

OremLK Member

To Comcast:

[​IMG]

18. KingStevo10

KingStevo10 Member

WHY THE **** DOES IT SAY ON NBA LEAGUE PASS THIS GAME IS AUDIO?!?!?!

I know there not on national tv tonight

19. hardensanity

hardensanity Member

When you log in at the bottom there is a contact us link and you can get to the chat that way.

20. jimmyv281

jimmyv281 Member

So I watched a nice pregame show, and then I got the black screen with the floating Direct tv logo. Geez..... Thanks Direct tv, comcast, and Les.