1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Sam Houston State Football Thread

Discussion in 'Football: NFL, College, High School' started by ima_drummer2k, Oct 29, 2012.

1. jdh008

jdh008 Member

According to someone over at the SHSU boards (KatFans.com for those that don't know), Fritz has more or less said that the starters won't play all that much. I'm paraphrasing, but that's the gist.

As much as I would like to see them push hard to give A&M a good game, there isn't a lot to gain.

2. ima_drummer2k

ima_drummer2k Contributing Member

Notes to self:

- remove post from Facebook telling aggie fans look out on Saturday and refrain from any future trash-talking
    - keep a very low profile this week
    - avoid the A&M football thread this week
    - cancel plans to order the game on pay-per-view

But seriously, saw this article yesterday. I'm assuming we're in the playoffs no matter what happens on Saturday.

3. solid

solid Contributing Member

That game doesn't look fair to me; just avoid injuries and get out ASAP.

4. leroy

leroy Contributing Member

Indeed. Played earlier in the season, I'd advocate going all out for the (unlikely) win. It would be huge for the program. Being the last regular season game and the playoffs starting next week, don't get anyone hurt, take the paycheck and get out of there.

5. ima_drummer2k

Bearkats getting a little love from ESPN. Well, maybe not love per se, but we'll take what we can get.

An excerpt from their game preview:

6. leroy

As long as it ends up a little better than what happened to the basketball team last night against #1 Indiana and no one gets hurt, I'll be happy.

7. boomboom

boomboom I GOT '99 PROBLEMS
    Supporting Member

Hey...they did hold them to double digits.

8. Ziggy

Ziggy QUEEN ANON

Think I'm gonna see Argo this Saturday since my Aggies are on BYE.

9. jdh008

jdh008 Member

Probably not a bad idea. I'm a Bearkat, but I'm not going to the game or making arrangements to see it on PPV. The Kats are going to be resting starters at a certain point and I'm sure the Aggies will do so as well to a degree, unless of course, they want to pad Manziel's stats for his Heisman campaign.

10. Buck Turgidson

Knee Ligament Karma.

11. Refman

Refman Contributing Member

This Aggie will be watching the game. If the score is lopsided at halftime, don't expect to see Johnny in the second half. That has been Sumlin's m.o. and for good reason. No need to risk injury in a crappy attempt to run up the score.

12. Uprising

Uprising Contributing Member

Good luck with this one.

#32 Uprising, Nov 17, 2012
    Last edited: Nov 17, 2012
  13. leroy

Did anyone watch? I have to assume the 28 points were against 2nd and 3rd stringers. Still, nice not to get completely blown out and got out of it unscathed. In a way, this is a great way to go into the playoffs. No one they play will be even remotely as tough.

14. Haymitch

Haymitch Custom Title
    Supporting Member

I watched. And yeah, most of the offense came against A&M's 2nd and 3rd stringers, but all things considered the starters didn't look that bad despite getting shut out for most of the time they were in the game. That first quarter was a good one for us. And then, the second quarter happened, which is a shame.

15. Haymitch

Haymitch Custom Title
    Supporting Member

16. K LoLo

K LoLo Member

They didn't really get out unscathed.

Ryan Wilson (Flanders' backup) broke his hip and the Taylor twins (LB and Safety) both got injured. Hopefully they'll be good to go, but Wilson is out.

We get one home game and then hit the road, and I'm supposed to go to a baby shower on that day (December 1st).

17. leroy

Excellent news on the home game. It is deserved and hopefully the Taylor's can get healthy with having 2 weeks off.

Definitely a tough road to get back to the title game. Maybe we'll get lucky and the winner of Stony Brook and Villanova will pull off an upset @ Montana St. Then again, as well as we've been playing, I'm confident we can take out anyone.

#37 leroy, Nov 18, 2012
    Last edited: Nov 19, 2012
  18. K LoLo

K LoLo Member

The guys on the FCS selection show had us going to the semi's, beating Montana St.

I think we can beat both Montana St and EWU. At least we didnt end up in NDSU's bracket. But, SHSU has played on the road all year, so it should be same **** different week for them.

19. ima_drummer2k

Man, this year is going to be tough getting back to the championship game.

Again I say, if not for the last 5 minutes of that damn UCA game, we would probably be looking at a #1 seed and homefield throughout the playoffs. :mad:

20. boomboom

boomboom I GOT '99 PROBLEMS
    Supporting Member

Not sure I'd be too worried. Sam seems to be peaking at the correct time...so it may not matter who they play or where they play at.